Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Benchwarmer 2011 Limited (Benchwarmer)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benchwarmer 2011 Limited (Benchwarmer)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
Got my box today - and I always love cracking open a box of these honeys - but there are good and bad points about this set.
First, someone had asked in another thread if these were the same cards as the 2011 Bubblegum set, only with the word "Limited" printed on the front, and the answer is yes. I compared several cards and image and text on the back is identical. Since the Limited set is a little more expensive, I thought maybe the cards would have some foil printing on them. No - Limited is done in plain black ink.

Worse - I did not get a full set of 100 base cards. I was missing 10 of them. Also, a cream colored background parallel card is included in each pack, I got 23 of them, and they are really not that special, I would have prefered to get a full set. With the parallels, there are no extras for trade either. One of my parallels was in purple, with a foil number 8/25 on it, I did like that.

While the base end of these is somewhat of a dissapointment, the inserts are really great.
Got 3 Boot Camp foils, with a military theme
2 All American inserts
3 autographs (different design from Bubblegum set)
Janet Layug
Tiffany Toth
Jessican Hall (Pink, 23/25)
1 School Girl auto - Caitlin O'Connor

1 KissCard - Bambi Lashell

Posts: 2914 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Don - it was me that asked Big Grin, disappointing that the set wasn't different. It would have been nice and better if it had been a different colour (like the purple) Bit of a Con with just limited printed on them Shake Head

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post