Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Jonas (Topps-2009)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jonas (Topps-2009)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Two boxes from the 2009 series featuring the guys from the Disney Channel show. It's another nice retail rendition, with a good selection of photographs and images and extensive card text.

Boxes hold 24 packs, each with 5 cards and 2 sticker-cards. A card set is 50 cards, a sticker set is "30" cards, and foil puzzle stickers are the "special insert." But the trick for this set is that each sticker-card comes in 3 variations; there are 30 different sticker fronts and 30 different sticker backs but 90 different combinations. (In other words: sticker backs are numbered from 1 of 30 through 30 of 30 and all backs with that number are the same; but there are three different possible images for the obverse side.)

Expect 2.28 card sets of 50, 1.60 sticker-card numerical sets of 30, and 0.53 sticker-card variation sets of 90 per box, if collation were perfect. (My two boxes collated 'perfectly' with all-different base-card extras, no duplicated foil stickers, and 90 different variation stickers out of 96 stickers total. My extra 6 stickers were duplicates of others within the 90. So I assume there are not any additional variations.)

As usual with card sets for Disney properties, no copyright year is shown on cards or packaging.

BOX 1

Cards (50): 2 complete sets + 14 extras.
Sticker-cards (30+30+30): 48 different: complete numerical set of 30; complete images set of 30.
Foil puzzle stickers (10; 1:4 packs): 2 4 5 7 8 9

BOX 2

Cards (50): 2 complete sets + 15 extras.
Sticker-cards (30+30+30): 48 different: complete numerical set of 30; complete images set of 30.
Foil puzzle stickers (10; 1:4 packs): 1 3 6 8 10 [one short]

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
Jeff - do you have a list of the sticker combinations yet? I just made a post about the different backs in another thread. We have only opened a few packs so far and I just noticed a couple.

Guess I am looking for the image "names"

<deleted the other thread to avoid confusion>

This message has been edited. Last edited by: glen87,

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just posted the list, with the different backs shown as "A" or "B" or "C" variations (my arbitrary groupings). Please let me know if you see any different ones!

nslists.com/jonas09.htm

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
thanks will do.

i just tried the "Jonas (2009)" link on your site and got an error message, no link. to be sure it was not me, i tried about a dozen random set links and they all went through.

on a side note - i tried emailing you about Littlest Pet Shop cards. Token #6 which you havea a "?" by is Pet $462 and Pet #511

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Fixed. (At least I typed it correctly above.)

Thanks!