Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    X-Files Connections Season 1 thru 9, The (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Files Connections Season 1 thru 9, The (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
Picture of Inkworks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
Confused Why did each season not have the same amount of cards. Confused

A good question. Although The X-Files Connections is the first set to cover all 9 seasons of the series, it is not intended to be an episodic or season-based set. Like the Buffy and Charmed Connections sets, this set is primarily focused on some of the key "connections" from the series and is more character-based than season-based.

Posts: 967 | Location: Raleigh, NC USA | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thank you, i'm sure it will all make sense when i get it. Smile

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
Thank you, i'm sure it will all make sense when i get it. Smile

I didn't go into enough detail. Wink

There are 9 cards each for the connections of each major character: Mulder, Scully, Skinner, Doggett, Reyes, Lone Gunmen (3 in 1), Cigarette-Smoking Man, and Krycek. Doggett and Reyes didn't show up until Season 8 & 9, so any of their connections (and the ones to them from the others) had to be concentrated near the end of the series.

There's a number of characters who showed up two or three times in the first part of the series, but really the show didn't feature a large ensemble cast. There might well be a demand for a set featuring the haunting or mildly recurring characters. Like "The X-Files: Shamans, Sorcerers, and The Sinister".

Me, I can claim never to have seen any of the episodes first run and got introduced from the trading cards. Then, Season sets are always on my nieces' gifting lists, and if I pick up used DVDs I can watch them first. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of my girlfriends got me into X-FILES halfway through season 2. That was back when X-FILES was on Friday nights. It got easier to watch the show on Sundays. Especially during Football season. But it did mean that we had 20 people over at our house from noon (we lived in Milwaukee) to about 10:00 or 11:00 pm when we discovered Babylon 5 was showing on another station at 10:00. I watched every episode of X-FILES and most of MILLENIUM first run.

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mars53
posted Hide Post
Box # 02078 broke down like this:

1 Base set second missing 5 cards

24 Parallel cards

2 Mulder's Secret Files

2 Haunting Case Cards

William B. Davis as the CSM Autograph

Box Topper # BL-3

The set is a nice set of cards Smile

Posts: 535 | Location: Harrisonburg | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
There were four high-end inserts I really wanted,Scully's auto,auto PW,Mimi Rogers auto,and Scully's PW1.
I managed to get the PW1 in my box Dance
The rest of what was in XFConn box...
set=1
second set missing 6 commons
parallel=24 different
BL3
M:3,8,9
HC4
A7/Braidwood(my fav of The Lone Gunmen)

This was one of the best sets from Inkworks I have seen.The different colors on the commons was very nice.The Haunting Cases insert level is very nice.Ironically,I pulled the Robert "Pusher" Modell,which the episode was on last night ooh karma Eek.

Well done Inkworks Thumb Up

I may have to get another box or two Cool

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sarge
posted Hide Post

Now that is better Dance

Posts: 48 | Location: Northern, Florida, USA | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
My box:

Scully Pieceworks Big Grin
Nick Chindlund Auto

BL-1
H1, H2
M7,M8

& 1 base set

Gorgeous cards. I'm happy with the Scully Pieceworks.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got myself a case of this.....breakdown as follows

A1 (0) Frown
A2 (1) Thumb Up
A3 (1)
A4 (2)
A5 (1)
A6 (2)
A7 (1)
A8 (1)
A9 (0)
A10 (2)
A11 (1)
A12 (1)

PW1 Scully (1)
PW2 Moulder (4)

Haunting Cases - 2 sets
Mulders Secret Files - 2 sets

Parallel Set - 2

Common Sets??Havent sorted yet.

I didn't add what leftovers i had from the chase sets i just listed what i was able to make of full sets.

What can i say....i'm not that happy with what i got but i'm not that unhappy either. Just means i have to buy the 2 most expensive cards outright Frown

Posts: 4 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sarge
posted Hide Post

Came in from Inkworks today. Thanks

Posts: 48 | Location: Northern, Florida, USA | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Very nice!!! Drool

I wish Inkworks would send me one of those! Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hey, if you pull a redemption card...I'm sure they'd be happy to!

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lara7320:

Doesn't that describe all of his cards? [ducking]

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
quote:

Doesn't that describe all of his cards? [ducking]

Ha! Ha! Very true! Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Hello

My breakdown of three boxes

Box Loaders: BL1 BL2 BL3
Mulder's Secret Files: M3 M4 M5 M6 M7 M8 M9
Haunting Cases: HC-1 HC-2 HC-3 HC-4 HC-5
Autos: A5 (Spender) A7 (Frohike) A9 (Langly)
Pieceworks: PW2
One complete set of Parallel Cards (no spares) Smile

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
wow, nice break, you got lucky with three boxes and got all three boxloaders!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
wow, nice break, you got lucky with three boxes and got all three boxloaders!

Thanks

They were three consecutively numbered boxes. I don't know if that helped?

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(Box # 05469 - Is the number printed on the inside flap the Box #?)

BL-1

1 Complete set
+ another with only 6 missing (05,28,38,47,54,56)

24 XC- parallel cards

M5, M6, M7
HC2, HC3
A3 Smile

Was quite happy with the breakdown - no Costume unfortunately, but overall pleased.

I only bought this box as something to open until Atlantis is released but, being a big fan of the X-Files back in the day, I'll keep the complete base set and maybe sell / trade off the rest.

Posts: 199 | Location: Romford, Essex, England | Registered: April 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post