Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Holiday Sampler Box (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holiday Sampler Box (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kimberley M:
Fair enough- but those who didn't get the e-mail didn't even have a chance (however small) of getting one of these boxes... and it seems that an email didn't reach everyody... *shrugs* so i'm not sure what happened!

I imagine the e-mail went to only to people who've bought (retail) directly from Rittenhouse or only those who've registered on their website.
I've done both and got the email (but didn't buy).

Posts: 3252 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Perhaps it was people who've bought directly from them then as I also am registered on the website.
Makes sense I suppose!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received the e-mail.

I'm registered on the website, but I also bought the Chronicles of Riddick vest on the website.

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall that when you registered,you had the option to receive their newsletter Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Yep spidergoblin I recieve the newsletter from them- but no holiday box offer e-mail arrived, so perhaps it went out to people who have already ordered directly from them?

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
I registered and have purchased direct so you may be right about that.

When I first opened the box, I was a bit put off by the amount of "Six Million Dollar Man" and "Outer Limits SCSF" that was in there.
I was thinking this may be a way of dumping some excess product.

I was wrong.

Though there were far more of these two sets than I expected, what I got from the packs all told was definitely worth it!

I received packs of:
Six Million Dollar Man
w/Richard Anderson A2

Outer Limits SCSF
w/CC5 Linnea Sharples and
autos A11 Dylan Bridges, A12 Rebecca De Mornay

Enterprise Season 4
w/ auto Menina Fortunato as Maras

Fantasy World of Irwin Allen
w/ auto A10 Angela Cartwright as Penny Robinson

Quotable Star Trek
Costume Card C3 Commander William Rker
(Black and Red)

Stargate Atlantis Season 1
Costume Card Dr. Elizabeth Weir (Red)

Stargate SG1 Season 7
Auto A60 Tony Amendola as Bra'Tac

Six Feet Under Season 1&2
Auto Beverly Todd as Lucille Charles

Farscape Through the Wormhole
Auto A44 Rachel Gordon as Lo'Laan

Dead Zone
Auto Stephen Tobolowsky as Dr. Jim Pratt

Complete Battlestar Galactica
Chronicles of Riddick

There were also a few other chase cards mixed in.

As I haven't collected any of these sets, it was a real pleasure to get a look at them and pick up some terrific cards

I'm very happy that I responded in time to pick this up!
Thank you RA! A wonderful idea I hope you repeat in the future.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Looks like you got some sweet cards out of the sampler box! I hope I get a shot at one of these next time around - they look like a lot of fun.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gosh !!!

With stories like yours MikeFitz, all of wish we had a stocking stuffer like yours.

Posts: 419 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: October 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I'm registered on the site and generally get the newsletter but I never got this e-mail. I think I may be screwed because I work for a comic store.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
This offer is an excellent example of how Murphy likes to play with me! I got the email from RA but the link didn't work, tried searching the webpage with a few keywords no joy, emailed the webmaster and searched here at NSU but still nothing. Tried the email the next day comes up as sold out Mad
Oh well sometimes "life's a lemon and I want my money back" Can't remember what song that's from but it always helps me get over being upset about stuff! Now I've vented here too Wink
Sure I'd have loved a box but RA has done great things for us fans and they keep trying different things to liven things up which I really appreciate. So I'll go off and punch the punch bag then cheer up and drool over the free auto card from RA which always makes me smile!

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
Very nice, above all it sounds like so much fun! Hope they do it again next year too Smile

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post