Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Holiday Sampler Box (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holiday Sampler Box (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I got one of these boxes - my wife gave it to me for Xmas. I got 6 autograph cards and 1 costume card out of my box which had packs from Outer Limits (Sex, Cyborgs, and Science Fiction),The Complete Lost In Space, Conan, Quotable Star Trek TNG, James Bond Die Another Day, Twilight Zone (2 different series), Complete Babylon 5, Stargate Atlantis, Six Feet Under, Farscape Through the Wormhole, Complete Battlestar Galactica, and Farscape Season 2.

Autograph/Costume/Sketch card wise, I got:

Farscape DA3 Hey/Goddard
Outer Limits A9 Burt Young
Twilight Zone A-51 Wright King
Stargate Atlantis Laura Mennell as Sanir
Six Feet Under Aysia Polk
Lost In Space Mark Goddard
The Quotable Star Trek TNG: Lieutenance Worf C7 Costume card.

Plus a bunch of subset cards....

A great idea. I hope they do it again next year.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Kohlbus:
This offer was only available to retail collectors and as stated was limited to 60 total boxes. Due to an early problem, a few (four) people were able to order 2 boxes and one dealer was able to order one. This problem was quickly identified and corrected. The remaining boxes were limited to one per customer and retail collectors only. The decision to offer this item was made on Saturday 17th and an email with detail was sent out on Monday.

Thanks for posting, Robert!

I was one of the people able to order 2 boxes - they were QUITE fun to open and I was grateful to Rittenhouse for the opportunity to open packs from series I hadn't originally bought along with series I already enjoyed.

I'm sorry some folks are unhappy, but this offer certainly made my Christmas a bit merrier! Thanks again for the promotion!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gabfan:
How much was the boxes? I didnt get the newletter.

$60 plus nearly $10 shipping/handling.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
I was lucky to get home after work and going to the gym to find the email. I thought "This is a dandy idea" and was thought i i'd buy one.

Not soon afterwards (abt5 mins) i rec'd an email saying i had bought the last box Smile woohoo Smile

Just waiting for the box to arrive now, as i'm in the UK, i didn't get it in time for xmas Frown but hey, can't wait to get it Smile

Thanx Rittenhouse!!!

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G
posted Hide Post
I too received the newsletter, but took me quite a long time to find the correct location where you could order a box, but was too late, they were all snatched up........ bah!
Razz

Posts: 364 | Location: Severn, Maryland | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
I bought one for a present for myself.
The box contained:

Art of Conan - 9 packs - 4 insert cards
Dead Zone - 1 pack - Auto card
Star Trek Enterprise 4 - 1 pack - Costume card
Complete Battlestar Galactica - 1 pack - 1 insert card
Six Feet Under - 1 pack - Auto card
Fantasy Worlds of Irwin Allen - 2 packs - 0 insert cards
Riddick - 2 packs - 1 insert card
Outer Limits Sex,Cyborgs and SF - 8 packs - 1 Auto card, 1 Costume card, 3 insert cards
Highlander - 1 pack - Auto card
Women of James Bond Motion - 1 pack - Auto card
Legendary Journeys of Hercules - 2 packs - 1 insert card
Wild,Wild,West - 2 packs - 1 insert card
Complete Voyager - 9 packs - 3 insert cards

As stated already it was fun opening packs of product you normally would not pickup and I might just try and get more of the Wild,Wild West cards.

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
And with only 60 boxes it was obvious that not everyone could get one, it was the luck of the draw. Plus for those who didn't get a newsletter that's life - Everybody can't have everything

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I never got an email so i never had a chance but they look intresting from what has been posted.

Cause i would have tried to trade for my pack. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Wow, these boxes sound like fun! Bummer I didn't get the e-mail either. Still a Thumb Up to RA for making the offer!

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Before you do Greg, shoot me an email I have plenty to trade or you can have them.

Bryan

Hey Bryan, your email is not listed in your profile. Drop me a note and we'll see what we can work out. Thanks!

Greg
geerts1@mchsi.com

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Geerts:
Hey Bryan, your email is not listed in your profile. Drop me a note and we'll see what we can work out. Thanks!

And lord knows I have a ton of Conan base cards as well... along with some of the chase... I bet Bryan has more than I do, though Big Grin

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Hey Hammer!

Razz PFFFFTTTTT!!!!

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willgull:
Hey Hammer!

Razz PFFFFTTTTT!!!!

Confused

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Got my box on Saturday. £10.12 customs charge Mad

2 packs Art & Images Xena...WX8...PP7
1 pack Farscape in motion
2 packs Stargate:Atlantis...from the archives Acastus Kolya,Chaya Sar
10 packs Outer Limits SCSF...A3 Margot Kidder as Serena...S1,S10...M2,M5,M7
2 packs The Complete Six Million Dollar Man
1 pack Stargate season 7...A56 Dion Johnstone as Lt.Tyler
1 pack Quotable ST:TNG...C8 Tasha Yar (black)
5 packs Riddick...auto Colm Feore as Lord Marshal, casting call CC8
1 pack Battlestar Galactica...Auto Michael Hogan as Col.Tigh
1 pack ST:Nemesis
6 packs Enterprise season 1...F9...T2,T7
1 pack Twilight Zone:S&S
1 pack Twilight Zone:TND
5 packs The Complete ST:Voyager...H2
1 pack Art & Images ST:TOS...A24 Joseph Ruskin as Galt

Great to get the chance of this offer Thumb Up Unfortunatly, I only collect the Farscape and Voyager sets out of this lot and I am only tempted to continue with Battlestar Galactica so the rest are up for trade. Please let me know what you've got and what you want Thumb Up

I hope this is an ongoing offer and Inkworks and Artbox consider doing the same Smile

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
nice box Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
My sampler box found its way north today. I have to say that this was some of the most fun I've had busting wax in a long time. I hope to see more like it in the future. Now for the goods (listing the inserts):

Twilight Zone: Premiere Edition
1 pack
Commemorative Card - Buck Houghton

Twilight Zone: The Next Dimension
1 Pack

Twilight Zone: The Next Dimension
1 Pack

Twilight Zone: Shadows and Substance
2 Packs
A57. Arlene Martel autograph
Twilight Zone Hall of Fame William Shatner (761/777)

Twilight Zone: Science and Superstition
1 Pack
A76. Jason Wingreen as the Bard
TZ HOF H2. Jack Klugman (764/777)

Conan
5 Packs
Ode to the Cimmerian C2

Stargate SG1 Season 7
5 Packs
In the Line of Duty Teal'C T7

Stargate Atlantis Season 1
5 Packs
Quoteable: 7, 14

Chronicles of Riddick
1 Pack
Karl Urban autograph

BSG: Premiere Edition
1 Pack
Costume Card: CC1. Number Six

Outer Limits: S, C, SF
11 Packs
Montage: 1, 6, 8
Stars: 8, 16, 17
Costume: CC2. John Amos
(need only #73 to finish the base set)

Complete B5
1 Pack

Dead Zone: S1&2
5 Packs
Behind the Scenes: 2

Women of James Bond
WA2. Maryam D'Abo autograph

Art and Images of Star Trek
John Czop Sketch

If anyone needs anything, please drop me an email as I picked this up in part for trade bait.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
Okay here's a breakdown of what i got... (PS: Graham - i got hit with a £10.12 customs charge too Mad)

Conan - 5 packs
Savage Sisterhood S8
Ode to the Cimmerian C10, C12
I REALLY like the base set to this, and since i never started to collect this, i think i will be tracking down the remaining base cards i need, and possibly the first to Chase sets!!

Stargate Atlantis - 5 Packs
Quotable Stargate Q4
Bit dissapointed in this as i collect Stargate it would have been really nice to have got something outta this lot - cards are still mega cool though

Stargate SG-1 Season 7 - 5 Packs
Behind The Scenes B13
Again nothing more, being a Stargate collector, it would have been cool to get something here too Smile

Farscape in Motion - 4 Packs
Close Encounters C1, 7, 8, 9
nice cards, but not a collector of Farscape unfortunately Frown

Battlestar Galactica: Premiere - 1 Pack
CC6 Cmdr william Adama Metal

Star Trek TOS: Art & Images - 1 Pack
Sketch Card - The Man Trap (sean Pence) Metal
Great set - and over the moon i got a sketch Smile)

Complete Lost In Space - 1 Pack
Auto - Marta Kristen as Judy robinson
I think i'm still looking for a bas set of these, they're nice cards

Outer Limits Sex, Cyborgs and Sci-Fi - 11 Packs
More base card then i shake a stick at (anyone want them?)
Monologue M2, 5, 7
Stars of OL S14, 15
Auto A13 Sofia Shinas (great auto, from one of the ony episodes i ever remember watching) But i got two of the Same auto in the 11 packs - hows that for rotten luck Shake Head

Deadzone Season 1&2 - 2 Packs
Behind The Scenes B11
Auto Blu Mankuma

Twilight Zone Shadows & Substances - 2 Packs

Twilight Zone Next Dimension - 1 Pack
Auto A36 Dennis Weaver

Twilight Zone Premiere - 1 Pack

Complete Babylson 5 - 1 Pack
Movies M7

Overall i'm very glad i made this purchase (i did think twice before pressing the buy button). Its great for me i suppose as i don't ever usually buy boxes, so its great to get a taster for these sets!! I'm i think i deifnaetly go ahead and finish Conan, purely cos its a lovely art set (even though i don't have any love for Conan) Smokin'

Only downside was pulling two if the same auto from 11 packs of Outer Limits (what are the chances of that hey?) Shake Head

Thanx Rittenhouse for this great Opportunity!! Keep up the good work for 2006!!! Clap

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RupT:
I REALLY like the base set to this, and since i never started to collect this, i think i will be tracking down the remaining base cards i need, and possibly the first to Chase sets!!

I certainly can help you out with these Smile

quote:
nice cards, but not a collector of Farscape unfortunately Frown

Ah, but I am Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
And with only 60 boxes it was obvious that not everyone could get one, it was the luck of the draw. Plus for those who didn't get a newsletter that's life - Everybody can't have everything

Fair enough- but those who didn't get the e-mail didn't even have a chance (however small) of getting one of these boxes... and it seems that an email didn't reach everyody... *shrugs* so i'm not sure what happened!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:

Ah, but I am Wink

Ah, This could be the start of fruitiful relationship Big Grin

www.darthtailor.co.uk