Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Holiday Sampler Box (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holiday Sampler Box (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Picked up one of the 40 pack sampler boxes that R.A. is offering on their website.
I think it's a great idea. It gave me a chance to check out some cards that I
wouldn't buy a whole box of. I'll break it down by what I got from each title.

Complete Babylon 5(1 pack) - CC4
Complete Battlestar Galactica(1 pack) - G12, CW6
Complete Star Trek Voyager(7 packs) - H2, H8, F2
Conan: Art of the Hyborian Age(8 packs) - C5, C8, S4, S5
Dead Zone(1 pack) - Donnelly Rhodes Autograph card
Outer Limits: Sex, Cyborgs & Sci Fi(11 packs) - M2,M2,M8,S9,S14
Autographs: A4-Michael Ironside
A14-William Sadler
A16-William B. Davis
Six Feet Under(1 pack) - Joel Brooks Autograph card
Stargate Atlantis(3 packs) - Colm Meaney Autograph card
Twilight Zone series 1(1 pack) - A11-Antoinette Bower Autograph card
Twilight Zone series 2(2 packs) - S17
Twilight Zone series 3(3packs) - S26
Women of James Bond in Motion(1 pack) - WA10-Maud Adams Autograph card

That was fun...and I really like the Conan cards, I'm gonna
have to try to get the rest of those!

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great idea, also. However, I can find nothing on the website.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

I think I received an email for that.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
That was fun...and I really like the Conan cards, I'm gonna
have to try to get the rest of those!

Greg[/QUOTE]

Before you do Greg, shoot me an email I have plenty to trade or you can have them.

Bryan

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Its actually on sale in the rittenhouse shop all along. This is the box description:

Rittenhouse Archives Holiday Sampler Box This box contains 40 random packs of cards from at least 12 different Rittenhouse Archives trading card sets. As an added bonus,each box of cards will contain AT LEAST 5 packs of cards that will contain either an autograph card, costume card or a sketch card!

Naturally, sold out long ago!

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

I received the newsletter as well,but was on my way to work.By the time I got home...SOLD OUT!!! Frown

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bakeded
posted Hide Post
Yeah, don't you love those ads for shiny new things only to find out they are long gone? Shake Head
I got the newsletter too... oh well.

Posts: 168 | Location: SG-C | Registered: July 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gabfan
posted Hide Post
How much was the boxes? I didnt get the newletter.

My site is up finally!!!!
Darkslayer's Trading Page

Posts: 1241 | Location: USA | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gabfan:
How much was the boxes? I didnt get the newletter.

quote:
Rittenhouse Archives' Holiday Sampler Box

Still searching for that perfect gift for that hard to buy for collector? Tired of the same old sampler box of meats and cheeses or a box of mixed chocolates with the mystery centers? Then Rittenhouse Archives has the perfect gift for you. The official Rittenhouse Archives Holiday Sampler Box! This box contains 40 random packs of cards from at least 12 different Rittenhouse Archives trading card sets. As an added bonus, each box of cards will contain AT LEAST 5 packs of cards that will contain either an autograph card, costume card or a sketch card!

To help make the holidays bright we are offering the Rittenhouse Archives Holiday Sampler Box at the special holiday price of $60.00. This is a savings of $24 from the SRP of a normal box of cards. And for those customers that order before 2pm (EST) on Tuesday December 20th, we will guarantee domestic delivery by December 24th or your shipping is free!

This special offer is limited to just 60 boxes. So buy one today for that hard to shop for friend or pick one up for yourself.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
I had quite a bit of fun opening mine. I loved being able to sample some products I didn't have enough interest in for a box & will now have to chase down some base sets Wink

I opened quite a few Xena: Season 6 packs - pulled an A7/Leick along with a R11 (red), a God of War chase, a Busting Loose chase, and a couple of Wet Wicked & Wild chase. I'd have to look to see what else I pulled...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Well Hell!

I never got the newsletter nor did I know of this offer.

Could have saved me some trouble in finding those perfect gifts for friends and family.

ARRRRR!!!

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
For the first time I'm not liking RA.
I called them 4 weeks ago asking about any holiday packages like they did last year.
And I was told "I don't think so. I will ask and get back to you".

Well no one got back to me, and I didn't get the email.

Christmas bummer.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Not the best organized promotion, to say the least.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Well with only sixty boxes offered they really didn't need much promotion. I didn't get one either. All gone by the time I read my email.

Oh well.... next year. Smile

Picture of bakeded
posted Hide Post
I think my main concern with this is: were these limited to one per customer? I bet these were sold by the case to just a few people.
Just a thought...

Posts: 168 | Location: SG-C | Registered: July 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bakeded:
I think my main concern with this is: were these limited to one per customer? I bet these were sold by the case to just a few people.
Just a thought...

Nope. Just one per customer was the limit.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I wasn't the only one not to get the newsletter/email!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
I got the email and was going to buy one, but wasn't able to use Paypal for it. Didn't have enough room on the ole credit card, so had to pass. Hope they do this again sometime when I have money! (Approximately the time when pigs fly...)

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bakeded:

Two per person, but only one per person if you were an established dealer (as I understand it from a friendly dealer).

I'm sorry that some folks didn't get an email notice about it, but I did and I was VERY VERY happy - especially since I'd passed on last year's themed packs/sets (really wanted a Stargate pack last year and had to pass)...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Robert Kohlbus
posted Hide Post
This offer was only available to retail collectors and as stated was limited to 60 total boxes. Due to an early problem, a few (four) people were able to order 2 boxes and one dealer was able to order one. This problem was quickly identified and corrected. The remaining boxes were limited to one per customer and retail collectors only. The decision to offer this item was made on Saturday 17th and an email with detail was sent out on Monday.

Posts: 279 | Location: Jenkintown, PA | Registered: December 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post