Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Hollywood Zombies (Topps)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hollywood Zombies (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Here's a breakdown of the 2 boxes I opened.

Box #1
Base sets: 1 (2 cards short of a 2nd)
Glow in the Dark Mug Shots: 6 (total of 10 in the set)
Freaky Foil Parallels: 3

Box #2
Base sets: 2
Glow in the Dark Mug Shots (6)
Freaky Foil Parallels: 4

Between the 2 boxes I was unable to make a 4th base set or complete the 10 card Glow in the Dark set. It's still a fun set though and should appeal to a wide range of collectors.
Laura

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WandringRebel,

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Opened my box and here is what I got:

2 complete base sets
6 Glow in the Dark Mug Shots
4 Freaky Foil Parallel cards
1 Poster
14 extras

Topps did not disappoint me!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This one is relatively easy to report on, so I guess I should "share."

Two boxes. They obviously put some thought into the production of the cards and intend them to be the first issue of a continuing product line. Artwork is delightful, and the card backs simulate articles from parody magazine titles like Newsfreak, Deadbook, and Corpse Illustrated. A nice set for spending some time enjoying the base-card backs and not just looking at pictures.

On average, a box should provide 2.19 base sets, 6 Morbid Mugshots Gore-Glow cards, and 4 Freaky Foil parallel cards.

BOX 1
2 complete base sets
6 of 10 Mugshot glow cards
4 of 72 parallel Freaky Foil cards

BOX 2
1 complete base set, only 1 card short of 2nd
6 of 10 Mugshot glow cards
4 of 72 parallel Freaky Foil cards

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OZcollect
posted Hide Post
Ok, at the time I couldn't afford a box so I picked up 5 packs at the flea market the other day. Out of the 5 packs I got,

26 differant base cards
2 Freaky Foil cards
1 Mug Shot card
6 duplicate base cards

Not too terrible for only 5 packs...... eh?

Posts: 79 | Location: Pensacola, Florida | Registered: May 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ribeyespud
posted Hide Post
Hey, this is the coolest set I've seen in a long time! I had a blast reading the backs and laughing out loud at the pictures. This is definately a nice return to the "good old days" of card collecting. (The only thing missing was the gum Wink)I too only bought 6 packs due to the lack of funds, but I think I did real good all things considered.
30 different base cards
2 Freaky foil cards
2 Mug Shot glow in the dark cards
7 duplicate cards
The 1st four packs I opened had one chase card each Clap
Not only do I highly recommend the cards, but I can't wait to finish a set. The only down side is there are 72 foil cards and at only 4 per box it is going to be very hard and time consumming to complete a set of foils. Thankfully there's always the dock of the "bay"
2 thumbs way up on the 1st set of Topps cards in along time to peak my interest!

Posts: 177 | Location: Iowa | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ribeyespud
posted Hide Post
Ok...I just had to buy another 8 packs. What can I say, I'm hooked! (Still miss the gum though) anyhoo...
22 different base cards
3 Mug Shot glow in the dark cards
1 Freaky foil
a "bunch" of duplicates(gave some to a friend who thinks they're awesome.) He's right! Dance
Anyone out there want to trade duplicates?
Boy does this bring back the feel of the 70's, I love it! (But then I thought Disco was cool) Roll Eyes

Posts: 177 | Location: Iowa | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OZcollect
posted Hide Post
Boy does this bring back the feel of the 70's, I love it! (But then I thought Disco was cool) Roll Eyes[/QUOTE]

I agree wholehartedly with you.
These cards are the most fun I've had collecting in a LONG time.

Email me to trade ... Bouncey

Posts: 79 | Location: Pensacola, Florida | Registered: May 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
I bought a box of these Smile

1 base-set
6 mugshots "glow in the dark" (2-3-5-6-9-10)
4 Freaky foil parallels (38-40-46-70)

Fun set Smile

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starfleetbeat
posted Hide Post
Hi. Would anyone happen to have an extra Hollywood Zombies single #11 KILLIAM FATNER card that I could have? Thanks, Ben

Posts: 127 | Location: new york | Registered: September 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
can anyone tell me if there is a madonna hollywood zombie at all cheers

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
if there is does someone have a picture please

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes there is...

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
I eventually have to get a box of these cards. I'm sure I'll enjoy looking through the cards. Big Grin

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
cheers for that

Picture of seegriffin
posted Hide Post
Here's the official Topps website:

http://www.hollywoodzombies.com/

the checklist can also be found on Jeff Allender's site:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/allender/hollzom1.htm

Posts: 279 | Location: UK | Registered: August 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CypherBos
posted Hide Post
Here's my breakdown from the box of Hollywood Zombies that I picked up at the Philly Show this past weekend in Allentown, PA.

1 - Complete 72 card base set
6 - Mug Shots (1:4)
4 - Foils (1:6)
86 - Common extras
1 - Poster

Combined with what I already had, I was able to build an almost complete (need #45) second set.

Posts: 76 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post