Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Super Heroes & Super-Villains (Cryptozoic Entertainment, 2019)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super Heroes & Super-Villains (Cryptozoic Entertainment, 2019)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted
Well, took the plunge with 2 boxes, and to quote The Big Bang Theory, I was attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis.

Total breakdown of the two boxes are as follows...

36 (out of 54) base cards with 10 duplicates
Red base card #04 04/80
Red base card #20 51/80
Green base card #16 38/60
STR/PWR S05, S10
STR/PWR Silver S03 47/60
STR/PWR Silver S14 53/60
Film Cell FC2, FC10
Autograph Doutzen Kroes as Venelia 292/300
Sketch: Joker (Jared Leto version) by Nick Allsopp
Sketch: Aquaman (very poor) by Roe Mesquita

Yep, you read right, only one auto in 2 boxes. I will be writing to Cryptozoic, although their caveat of no ratio guaranteed pretty much covers them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
That's brutal - Very poor for the Money.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic has to get this right $270 boxes should have what is expected, an auto in every box, no “odds” ****. Way too expensive a product to let collectors and dealers down like this they need to figure out a way to make it right, starting with quality control on collation.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Quality control on sub-par sketches wouldn't go amiss either.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
My dealer, Derek, got on to them on my behalf and to be fair, they answered really quickly. I have now contacted them with my details and proof of purchase via their customer service portal.

posted Hide Post
Hey Graham-

People on other boards are reporting that packs can easily get stuck in the box and missed. Several collectors who thought they had missing hits actually found them in still in packs in boxes they already opened.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Hey Graham-

People on other boards are reporting that packs can easily get stuck in the box and missed. Several collectors who thought they had missing hits actually found them in still in packs in boxes they already opened.

Surely most people can add up to 6 to know they have opened all the packs!!!!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
You will get a replacement auto for the missing hit. There is a guarantee of one autograph per box. Webjon is correct that the box is a little small for the packs so when you slide it open the top pack can fall behind the box and hide underneath.

There are odds for most of the contents in this product.
Autograph cards (1:6 packs)
Sketch Cards (1:6 packs)
CZ STR PWR Red (1:6 packs)
Printing Plates (1:36 packs)

Most of the other stuff is numbered so you can get an approximation to how many fall per box or case.

I opened 11 cases and was missing two hits, one autograph and one film cel. Got a gold STR PWR in every case but one but they are not guaranteed so not sure if I will get a replacement for that. Talked to Cryptozoic and they will take care of it once they get back the extra cards from the printer.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There are at least a couple of people finding missing hits in their trashed boxes, so yes, some are not counting the packs. I know packaging costs money, which is why makers like the complete set format without packs, but you have a $250 plus product, you can't spare the room to build the box right? Big Grin

More importantly, what did the breaks from those 11 cases look like? I'm not asking for details ifish, I'm just curious if you found a big 5 autograph in each one?

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
More importantly, what did the breaks from those 11 cases look like? I'm not asking for details ifish, I'm just curious if you found a big 5 autograph in each one?

These case breaks are all posted on Blowout.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

These case breaks are all posted on Blowout.

Yeah, not sure if I actually saw these breaks, but I did see something. Big Grin I always have a bit of trouble trying to navigate Blowout. It's a good site for information when you can find it, but it's also a buying/selling site so many of the posters talk from a seller/dealer standpoint, rather than the collector perspective.

Whether in the sports cards threads or on the smaller non-sport forums, a lot of the positives are all about making money off the case breaks and the flips. Since I do neither, and only spend my money Wink , I'd rather find out if products have enough value in them for people who like cards without trying to make it a sideline business.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Ian was missing an auto in his first case. I have been contacted by Cryptozoic and the will sort out my missing auto after 2nd December when they are back to work.

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I bought a box yesterday. It looks like this:

23 base cards
1 green deco foil parallel base card, #45 numbered 01/30
1 red Str Pwr, S03 Wonder Woman
1 silver Str Pwr, S14 Jim Gordon numbered 32/60
Film Cel card FC16, Man of Steel
Sketch card of Green Lantern by J. Lang
Jack Dylan Grazer autograph numbered 247/300

They are definitely nice cards. They are pricey for the content of the average box.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Just got an email from Cryptozoic. They are sending me Antje Traue as Faora to fill the missing autograph space in my box. Although it took a while, it was a pretty painless process and I'd like to thank all those that helped me through it.

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Opened two more cases last night. One had a Gadot and the other had a Cavill. Real home run on these two. After opening 13 cases you can tell the packout was messed up. I have no room to complain but the box that had the Gadot it had an extra auto and a great sketch. That case had 5 sketches that I would be happy with. There was a Louise Draper sketch of Diablo that is stunning.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Picture of the sketch please.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Breaks and pictures are posted here

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Picture of the sketch please.

Here are the sketches from the two cases:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I always like to look at sketch cards.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
My replacement autograph arrived today. Although the process was long-winded, it was easy. thank you Cryptozoic.