Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Family Guy Season 1 (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Family Guy Season 1 (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted
Just opened the first of my 4 boxes:

Box Loader- BL1
Family Photos- FP1, FP9
Bad Dog- BD3
Sketch card- SK3 (059/506), Meg by Andrew Meisner
Autograph- A6, Wally Wingert (Pawtucket Patriot)

More to come later. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Wow! Sketch cards scanned and posted online, distributed into packs, product packed up, shipped out, and then recieved all within a week! That's pretty freakin' sweet!

Sorry, I felt obligated to throw that line out there.

Anyway, that's pretty cool. Any chance you could post some scans of the autos when you get a chance?

Mark

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:
Wow! Sketch cards scanned and posted online, distributed into packs, product packed up, shipped out, and then recieved all within a week! That's pretty freakin' sweet!

I second that...........

I thought the set was not released until the 20th. Although I guess it could be the 20th in Vancouver. Smile

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Last 3 boxes opened.

Box 2:

Box Loader- BL3
Family Photos- FP7, FP8, FP9
Bad Dog- BD1, BD6
Sketch card- SK4 (061/549), Lois by Chris Moreno (ugly)
Autograph- A6, Wally Wingert (Pawtucket Patriot), again

Box 3:

Box Loader- BL2
Family Photos- FP3, FP4, FP6
Bad Dog- BD1, BD5
Sketch card- NONE! Mad
Autograph- A6, Wally Wingert (Pawtucket Patriot) yet again Roll Eyes

Box 4:

Box Loader- BL1
Family Photos- FP2, FP3
Bad Dog- BD3, BD4
Sketch card- SK10 (020/501), Devil Peter by Becky Grutzik
Autograph- A4, Mike Henry (Cleveland)

---------------------------------------------------------

Summary:

Box Loader- 1 set with extra BL1
Family Photos- Missing FP5 for a set with extra FP3 and FP9
Bad Dog- Missing BD2 for a set with extra BD1, BD3
Sketch cards- 3,2 decent 1 horrible and 1 box shorted a sketch
Autographs- 4, A4 and 3 A6's.

Since they aren't 1 per box I did ok on autos but all 4 were kind of the low end autos but I'm still bummed about being shorted a sketch. I can't even remember the last time I was shorted a significant insert from an Inkworks product, probably way back for Buffy season 6 when I was shorted an auto.

-Goethe

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls..except for the auto dupes.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Inkworks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
I'm still bummed about being shorted a sketch. I can't even remember the last time I was shorted a significant insert from an Inkworks product, probably way back for Buffy season 6 when I was shorted an auto.

Incarnadine: Unfortunately, sometimes a box comes up short Shake Head. It isn't supposed to happen but errors do occur. Fortunately for you, however, you can contact Inkworks (info@inkworks.com) and let us help. You'll need to send your name, address, UPC number (on the back), box number (inside the top flap) and let us know how the box was sealed. Hopefully, we can change that Mad into Big Grin

Posts: 967 | Location: Raleigh, NC USA | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Inkworks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:

Sorry, I felt obligated to throw that line out there.

Anyway, that's pretty cool. Any chance you could post some scans of the autos when you get a chance?

Mark

HA! That's so funny, I forgot to laugh - excluding that first 'HA!'

It was a fun week. My scanner is still smoking! Smile I know you weren't asking me specifically for the auto scans, but I'll see if we can't get some posted on the Inkworks web site on Thursday (if the scanner still works Wink).

Posts: 967 | Location: Raleigh, NC USA | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Inkworks:
Smile I know you weren't asking me specifically for the auto scans, but I'll see if we can't get some posted on the Inkworks web site on Thursday (if the scanner still works Wink).

Cool! Thanks Andy!

Mark

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Inkworks:
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
I'm still bummed about being shorted a sketch. I can't even remember the last time I was shorted a significant insert from an Inkworks product, probably way back for Buffy season 6 when I was shorted an auto.

Incarnadine: Unfortunately, sometimes a box comes up short Shake Head. It isn't supposed to happen but errors do occur. Fortunately for you, however, you can contact Inkworks (info@inkworks.com) and let us help. You'll need to send your name, address, UPC number (on the back), box number (inside the top flap) and let us know how the box was sealed. Hopefully, we can change that Mad into Big Grin

Thanks. I already sent 1 email with the box number and the dealer I bought it from but forgot the UPC number and I though I'd send my name and address after getting a reply but now that I know I'll fire off another email with the additional info. Thanks for the help. Cool

-Goethe

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
Sent you an e-mail Incarnadine! Wave

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kjn:
Sent you an e-mail Incarnadine! Wave

Hmm, I just checked and nothing from you, just 1 from H.I.M. I swear netscape mail only gives me half my legitimate emails, though the junkmail seems to get through just fine.

-Goethe

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm sent it again. It'll be coming from DudeRanch100@aol.com if it gets there this time. Thumb Up

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yervi
posted Hide Post
What are the odds on the autographs?????

Posts: 57 | Location: USA | Registered: March 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yervi:
What are the odds on the autographs?????

The odds of the auto's are not released by Inkworks. But I think they are about 7 in 12 boxes

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
I was not expecting my boxes until at least a few days AFTER the release date, but low and behold they were on my doorstep last night when I got home!

box 1
1 base set
BL3
2 Family Photo
1 Bad Dog
Autograph A2 Alex Borstein
Sketch SK4 Chris Moreno 002/549 Magic Marker color scribble on an average sketch Mad

box 2
1 base set
BL3 - Again
2 Family Photo
1 Bad Dog
Autograph A2 Alex Borstein - Again but I can't complain. A sketch and auto in each box!
Sketch SK7 Joel Gomez 490/550 Really nice full color sketch of Brian at the bar!

I was able to make a third base set from the extras and am 5 cards short of a fourth set.

I need 22,28,47,56,60 any one with spares?!

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of babybee
posted Hide Post
u lucky when i buy boxes of stuf i never get cards like that Mad but good job Thumb Up

Posts: 71 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
Opened my first of six boxes. Haven't sorted the base cards yet, but here are the inserts I recieved:

Boxloader BL-1
Bad Dog BD-4
Griffin Family Portrait FP-3, FP-4
Sketch SK6 Jeff Zugale ink sketch of Brian
A4 Mike Henry as Cleveland auto

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
The box my wife order me for my birthday came in
I am very pleased!
2 full base sets
18 singles
Bl2
FP1, FP9
BD3, BD4
Sk12 392/509 Stewie By Rich Koslowski(Very nice!)
Auto A4 Mike Henry as Cleveland

This box was friggin sweet!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Picked up 7 packs from my local comic shop.

Family Photos- FP5. As luck would have it that was the last 1 I needed to finish the set.

Sketch Card- SK8 (Nar), 036/496

-Goethe

Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Got my box yesterday.
1 set
1 Bad Dog card BD4
3 Family cards FP 1,2 and 9
1 Sketch card SK10 018/501 Stewie Time to be Bad Quote
No Auto Frown

Got another box today
1 sketch card
1 Bad Dog card
2 Family cards
No Auto again Mad

This message has been edited. Last edited by: alfster,

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post