Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Twilight (Inkworks-2008)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight (Inkworks-2008)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Okay, let's get this show on the road. First impressions are that this is a nice set that's faithful to the movie. No autographs, but there are costume cards for each of 12 major characters. The Bella and Edward costume cards appear to be seeded at about 1 of each per 3 cases, on average.

Hobby box: 24 packs of 6 cards, 10 boxes per case. Expect about 1.87 base sets of 72 per box if collation were perfect. Retail boxes have 6-card packs without the Pieceworks show-worn costume cards. Cards sold at Hot Topic stores have an exclusive HT-1 "Who Is Bella" card, seeded at about 1:6 packs.

Three hobby boxes for me:

BOX 1

Base cards (72): 1 complete set, 8 short of 2nd
Always Foil Puzzle cards (9, 1:11 packs): AL-5
Different Foil cards (6, 1:17 packs): D-1
In Pursuit Foil cards (3, 1:23 packs): IP-3
Show-Worn Pieceworks cards (12, 1:24 packs); PW-9, Shirt worn by Peter Facinelli as Carlisle Cullen

BOX 2

Base cards (72): 1 complete set, 10 short of 2nd, 1 three
Always Foil Puzzle cards (9, 1:11 packs): AL-1 AL-2
Different Foil cards (6, 1:17 packs): D-4 D-5
Show-Worn Pieceworks cards (12, 1:24 packs); PW-6, Vest worn by Nikki Reed as Rosalie Hale

BOX 2

Base cards (72): 1 complete set, 12 short of 2nd, 1 three
Always Foil Puzzle cards (9, 1:11 packs): AL-6 AL-7
Different Foil cards (6, 1:17 packs): D-1 D-2
In Pursuit Foil cards (3, 1:23 packs): IP-1 IP-3
Show-Worn Pieceworks cards (12, 1:24 packs); PW-5, Jacket worn by Kellan Lutz as Emmett Cullen

This message has been edited. Last edited by: allender,

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
The Bella and Edward costume cards appear to be seeded at about 1 of each per case, on average.

Jeff, I would beg to differ. Between the three members who posted results in the News & Rumors section, there were 5 cases broken with 4 cards (2 Bellas and 2 Edwards) combined. If you take an eBay seller at their word, they opened 10 cases and got 3 of each. That is a total of 10 combined cards in 15 cases...well short of your statement.

While I have not finished sorting base cards (7 compleated prior to my show this past weekend), I would guess about 18 complete sets. In addition, my 10 box case delivered all but PW1 and PW6, 2 full sets of chase cards and the folowing extras:

In Pursuit: 1 full set plus IP-2,IP-3
Different: D-1, D-6
Always: AL-5, AL-6, AL-7, AL-8

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Hi Iggy,

I tried to email you regarding your post. Could you please email me at sam8what@paradise.net.nz

Cheers, Pete.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
email sent Wave

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Two boxes...so far:
PW7 Jacob
PW12 James
IP-2

My daughters like this stuff. Luv You

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
The Bella and Edward costume cards appear to be seeded at about 1 of each per case, on average.

Jeff, I would beg to differ. Between the three members who posted results in the News & Rumors section, there were 5 cases broken with 4 cards (2 Bellas and 2 Edwards) combined. If you take an eBay seller at their word, they opened 10 cases and got 3 of each. That is a total of 10 combined cards in 15 cases...well short of your statement.

Hey, I did say "appear" and it was as of a certain point in time. So the statement wasn't wrong, it was just based on incomplete data. Wink

Thanks!!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
We will let it slide this time...with you being new to this and all. Razz

For those interested...my case delivered 17 complete sets and 5 cards short of another.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I opened 2 cases and got a 18 sets per case and a complete set of costume cards between the 2.

Louise

Posts: 5 | Location: Kansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Picked up 6 packs at Hot Topic, and sure enough I pulled IP-3, D2 and the exclusive HT-1.
The exclusive is a nice card according to my daughters. The only hold back is Hot Topic wants $3 a pack. Can you spell MONOPOLY!!! Eek

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ahz_cards:
I opened 2 cases and got a 18 sets per case and a complete set of costume cards between the 2.

Louise

Well done Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anjee
posted Hide Post
I just opened two boxes and pulled the following:

Box 1:

Full Base set, about 13 short of second set and 4 spares
AL 6 and 7
D-5
IP-1
PW7- Jacob Jeans- Variant with shredding at the edge Clap

Box 2:

Full Base set and about 12 short of a second with 2 spares
AL 5, 6, 7
D-2
no IP card Frown
PW2- Edward T-Shirt!!! Clap Metal Dance

Posts: 310 | Location: madison,wi | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nat
posted Hide Post
Clap congrats anjee!

Posts: 169 | Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
HT-1 Exclusive...

Jacob & James costumes...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samauto:
Hi Iggy,

I tried to email you regarding your post. Could you please email me at sam8what@paradise.net.nz

Cheers, Pete.

Pete, I sent you an email on 12/3 and have yet to hear back from you.

Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
BOX 1

Base cards (72): 1 complete set, 9 short of 2nd
Always Foil Puzzle cards (9, 1:11 packs): AL-4, AL-5
Different Foil cards (6, 1:17 packs): D-4
Show-Worn Pieceworks cards (12, 1:24 packs); PW-11, Pant worn by Edi Gathegi as Laurent

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Hi Iggy,

For some reason your email address is rejecting my mail. Do you have a spam blocker on? Please try to email me again.

Cheers, Pete.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Do the Hot Topic packs look different to ther other Inkworks packs on the market?

Let me know, Pete.

quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
HT-1 Exclusive...

Jacob & James costumes...

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
The HT packs do not list costume/pieceworks cards on the wrapper.
The image is the same of Edward & Bella, and the other levels of chase are available in the HT packs.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Thanks xtime,

Cheers for the info. So the HT packs must be cheaper, if they don't have pieceworks in them? It would be my understanding that the HT packs are a retail only release? Were the Twilight packs not available through Wall Mart etc then?

Pete.

posted Hide Post
Actually here in the States, the HT packs are being sold for the same SRP as the Hobby packs, $2.99, whereas the retail packs are SRP $1.99. Also, the packs may not state the HT insert, but the display box does.

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post