Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    DR Who Big Screen Additions (Strictly Ink)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DR Who Big Screen Additions (Strictly Ink)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Although some case breakdown reports have been posted I could not find any box breakdowns so I have started this one.

I have opened two boxes in which both contained a base set each with a second set short of 8 cards. Both had 4 foil cards and 1 autograph redemption card (2 diff)Each contained a numbered box card (matches the number on the outside of the box of 2500, the number is needed to redeem the autograph.Cards are numbered on the front 1-71 with the 72nd card (unnumbered) being "The Film Archive Promo Card" as named on the 2nd of the checklist cards. All the backs including the Film Archive card are picture back.

One box contained a Movie Clip Card and the other a Sketch card by Chris Henderson.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brian A. Davis
posted Hide Post
That's a great looking sketch card. Congratulations! Clap

I'm still waiting for my boxes to arrive. I'll post breaks when I receive them.

Posts: 94 | Location: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 boxes

Autos (redemptions)
David Graham as the Voice of the Daleks
John Brown as Antodus

Movie Clip Card MC1 (features a Dalek)

Peter Cushing as the Doctor by Nick Neocleous

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
My 3 boxes arrived today.

Box 928
Foils f1 f5 f7 f9
Auto A3
Movie clip

Box 929
Foils f2 f4 f6 f8
Auto A2
Sketch Don Pedicini Jr

Box 930
Foils f1 f5 f7 f9
Auto A1
Movie clip

I was pleased to get all 3 auto's and a nice sketch but was one foil short of a set and the movie clip cards look great.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two boxes. Almost silky finish cards, very nice. Card backs form 9-card puzzles, and a card-text junkie like me got spoiled with Trilogy. A box is 30 packs of 5 cards, boxes numbered to 2499 but limited to 1499, 10 boxes per case. Expect 1.99-2.00 base sets of 72 if collation were perfect.

There's a new angle on the autograph redemptions. They suggest you fill out the redemption card, scan or photograph it, then email them the image with the box number. More folks could do this if they really feel they have to use redemptions.

BOX 537

Base cards (72): 1 complete set, 9 short of 2nd, 8 threes
Gold Inked cards (9, 1:6-1:7 packs): F1 F4 F5 F7 F9
Autograph cards (3, 1:3 packs, redemption): A3 Roberta Tovey
Movie Clip cel cards (1000 made, 1/1): MC1
Sketch cards (12 artists, 1:69-1:75 packs): none
Box-topper Foil Stamped card: 537/2500

BOX 538

Base cards (72): 1 complete set, 8 short of 2nd, 8 threes
Gold Inked cards (9, 1:6-1:7 packs): F2 F5 F6 F8
Autograph cards (3, 1:3 packs, redemption): A1 John Bown
Movie Clip cel cards (1000 made, 1/1): MC1
Sketch cards (12 artists, 1:69-1:75 packs): none
Box-topper Foil Stamped card: 538/2500

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Jeff - email me for something to your advantage (maybe) Big Grin Nothing in your profile.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
I assume Graham is offering you an F3. If not, please e-mail me and I can provide one gratis Thumb Up.

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh, I thought he was going to send me a sketch card from each artist because I didn't pull one. Cool It's getting tough getting SI product at a good price in USA now that they want to use only FedEx for direct sales (instead of the old "no VAT, so free shipping instead"). But with the decline of the £ vs $, I can start sending some custom to UK dealers!

As to the profile, the UBB software won't show a clickable link unless you use the exact address with the @ and everything. I have 5000 web pages with an email link and not a single one of them gets indexed by the spam-generating web-bots. (Tricks of the trade available upon request.) I changed the profile to say 'use link at web page.' Wink

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Jeff - email sent Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unsolicited I received a Roy Castle facsimile autograph card from Barrie today (although I did buy two boxes).

Barrie Many thanks

John Levitt

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Opened odd box number 1014 for Christmas, and pulled this lovely one of a Dalek by Mark Spears, who only did 6 cards for this set. This is the only "Dalek only" sketch of his that I have seen too. I'm really pleased with it Clap

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Got these two sketches in the deal Strictly Ink did last week.Funny that they are both from Chris Henderson who very kindly got in touch with me a few weeks ago and sent the two Dark Shadows base cards I needed to complete my set Thumb Up .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post