Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Hallowe'en 2 Trick or Treat (Perna Studios, 2015)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hallowe'en 2 Trick or Treat (Perna Studios, 2015)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted
Base and chase gave perfect coalition with 4 20 card base sets and 4 4 card frosted glass sets.

On to the main event...the goods!

Lynne Anderson

Jasmine Anderson

Mel Uran

Jake Sumbing

Danielle Ellison

Sam Agro

Optic Nerve

Daniel Wong

Alexis Hill

Hanie Mohd

Ben Glendenning

Peejay Catacutan

Anastasia Catris

Yuriko Shirou

and Sean Pence!!!

Metal Chase Orange, dang it, why isn't it a sketch.

What?

Oh!

That's more like it!

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
15 sketches Confused . Did the redemption replace a sketch?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very nice assortment of sketches, igman!

Looks like you hit the motherlode with the inserts, too: metal variant, lenticular AND a redemption! Well done!! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 16 packs of Hallowe'en 2 arrived the other day and here is what I pulled...

Darla Ecklund / Peejay Catacutan
Sha-Nee Williams / Jake Sumbing

Rustico Limosinero / Luro Hersal
Danielle Ellison / Amy Clark

Sam Agro / Israel Arteaga
Athina P. Konstantinidou / Danielle Gransaull

Jason Saldajeno / Alexis Sarah Hill
Helga Wojik / Melike Acar

The 16 packs yielded 4 complete 20 card base sets and 4 complete 4 card frosted clear card sets...

I also received a lenticular Grim Reaper card, SP4 Day of the Dead metal card and a grey metal variant of Tony Perna's Swamp Monster frosted clear card...

Posts: 38 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: August 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Also a very nice assortment of sketches!

I like how, so far, the breaks are yielding sketches that run the gamut from traditional to cute to beautiful. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
15 sketches Confused . Did the redemption replace a sketch?

No, there was one that didn't make the scan...you aren't missing much.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These cards are absolutely stunning. Another great set put out by the Pernas. Most will be available.

Liz Chesterman, Samantha Johnson, Jason Sobol
Alexis Hill, Hanie Mohd, Sanna U.

Ingrid Hardy, Daniel Wong, John Monserrat
Frank Kadar, Athina Konstantinidou, Jeena Pepersack

Chris Meeks, Fabian Quintero, Jake Sumbing
Grey Metal variant, Day of Dead Metal, Francois Chartier

These are my brothers hits. Not pictured is a redemption for the 4 colored metal variant set.

Vince Sunico, Molly Brewer
Luro Hersal, Stacey Kardash

Alexis Hill, Hanie Mohd
Liz Chesterman, Jasmine Anderson

Mike Hartigan, Fabian Quintero
Seth Ismart, Mel Uran

Tony Perna, Chris Meeks
Danielle Gransaull, Helga Wojik

Posts: 18 | Location: ny | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Got mine today. Once again, a beautiful set of drawings, nice job everyone! Thanks to the Pernas for putting this set out! My box included a metal card and a nice sketch of a demon by Stacy Kardash.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My 16 packs arrived earlier today, so here are the scans for you all to enjoy Smile

Danielle Gransaull, Jake Sumbing
Danielle Ellison, Darla Eklund

Yuriko Shirou, Benamin Glendenning
Oliver Castaneda, Sam Agro

Israel Arteaga, Daniel Wong
Sha-Nee Williams, Luro Hersal

Ingrid Hardy, Amy Clark
Liz Chesterman, Stacey Kardash

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
Great pulls, Kevin. Just emailed you.

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, my turn. Big Grin

First and foremost, thank you to Tony and Elaine for putting out yet another fantastic product! Once again, a gorgeous base set. (Anyone who thinks that base sets are "throw-away" items really needs to get on board with Perna Studios products.) An uber-cool frosted chase set. And, I was lucky enough to receive one of the rare grey metal variant cards, featuring The Bat! This image looks perfect in grey-scale!

So, on to the original artwork!!

First up, a very-cool "killer Pumpkin Patch" scene by Leah Mangue:

Next, a pretty Halloween kitty by, I believe, Luro Hersal:

This next one is super-cool, a Day of the Dead Couple by Eric McConnell?? Not sure about the artist...

And finally... this painted beauty... Big Grin

I pretty-much Squeeeeed!! when I pulled this one!! A gorgeous hand-painted Skull and Raven by Ingrid Hardy!! Dance Elephant Clap
I've been wanting one of her sketch cards for a very long time and this is a phenomenal example of her work! Luv You

Love, love love this set! Thank you again, Tony and Elaine, for doing justice to my favorite holiday. Metal

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcole,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great pulls, Kevin. Love the Swamp Thing card. Thumb Up

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well done Debi, glad you got some great stuff. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My packs came on Tuesday but I have been too busy admiring them to post the results until now Smile . Another spectacular set from Elaine and Tony Thumb Up . Sketches posted in the order they were pulled, pack numbers 273 to 288.

Peejay Catacutan, Fabian Quintero, Benjamin Glendenning.

Mel Uran, Shaow Siong, Optic Nerve.

Danielle Gransaull ( thank you Julia ), Liz Chesterman, Irma Ahmed.

Amy Clark, Jake Sumbing, Luro Hersal.

Sha-Nee Williams, Darla Ecklund, Lynne Anderson.

Mick and Matt Glebe.

Also got Green metal chase card SP4, Megan Hetrick lenticular H2L, and Swamp Monster grey metal variant.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sha-Nee Williams, ?? help needed, Lynne Anderson.

Between Sha-Nee Williams and Lynne Anderson is Darla Ecklund. Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
quote:
Sha-Nee Williams, ?? help needed, Lynne Anderson.

Between Sha-Nee Williams and Lynne Anderson is Darla Ecklund. Smile

Thanks Elaine Thumb Up . I did wonder if it was one of Darla's but she usually signs the front of the card.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
You got some good ones there Mr Frog, i like the seance one. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
You got some good ones there Mr Frog, i like the seance one. Thumb Up

That one is actually the centre part of a three card puzzle. I have already been contacted by someone hoping to put it back together.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great pulls, Triple Frog! I like Peejay's Swamp Creature (I've been on a sea creature kick, lately) And of course, that Glebe Bros is card is fantastic. Thumb Up

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Finally have some time to post my pulls:

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post