Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Red Sonja, 35 Years of (Dynamic Forces)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Sonja, 35 Years of (Dynamic Forces)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jon and Bernie!

I had a great time collecting these. The Sohn and Chin are limited to 10 by each, if I'm remembering right. I used to have 2 by each, but no longer. I did keep the ones I liked better.
Amazingly Marcos did 150 sketches, with each seemingly as detailed as the one shown above. I had 3 of his at one time, and each was as gorgeous as the next. He's a fantastic artist!
The autograph series in this set is also superb, with a terrific lineup of signers, well over 20 in all including several bona fide comics legends.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of siddarth
posted Hide Post
Broke 4 boxes of a case I just received.

The first box yielded both Rose McGowan and Robert Rodriguez autos.

More later.

Posts: 48 | Location: NC | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
did boxes of this ever get discounted anywhere? They don't seem to pop up very often (at least when I look lol) but I didn't think they went over that well. I'd love to get some more myself

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of siddarth
posted Hide Post
There are sealed boxes listed on the bay.

Posts: 48 | Location: NC | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls, I'd love to see scans of those autos!

Jon

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Got another box to have a try at a Adam Hughes sketch card but no luck.

Nice sketch by Kevin Sharpe.
Autos by Michael Avon Oeming and (director of proposed film) Doug Aarniokoski.

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Another box.

Stan Lee auto - card front is that of holofoil 7 of 9 by Jim Lee (not mentioned in Jeff Allender's checklist)

Sketches by John Czop and Jay Leisten

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Stan Lee!
Does it have the little strip with Stan Lee's name on it glued to the back like the others?

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Congrats on the Stan Lee!
Does it have the little strip with Stan Lee's name on it glued to the back like the others?

It does indeed.
Just need to find a Rose McGowan one (of the ones I want).

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Got a couple of more boxes.

Autos
Adam Hughes (facing forward)
Allison Sohn (facing forward)
Luke Lieberman (image from card 37)
Luke Lieberman (image from card 30)
Doug Murray (image from card 55)
Gene Ha (image from card 36)

Sketches
Joyce Chin (8/11)
Greg Hildebrandt (6/10)

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, congrats on the sketches, two winners!
Any way you can show them?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Wow, congrats on the sketches, two winners!
Any way you can show them?

They're in Comic Art Fans gallery

Got 4 more boxes

Autos
Robert Rodriquez (image from card 18 by Mel Rubi)
Stan Lee (card 30 by Mel Rubi)
Brian Reed (card 50 by Homs)
Luke Lieberman (card 37 by Aaron Lopresti)
Michael Avon Oeming (card 18 by Mel Rubi)
Howard Chaykin (card 9 by Chaykin) (only 9 signed)
Alison Sohn (image not on base card)
Adam Hughes (image not on base card)
Pablo Marcos (image not on base card) (silver ink)

Sketches
2 by Mark Pennington (60/211, 190/211)
Jay Leisten (44/200)
Alison Sohn (56/60)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raj,

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Hildebrandt and Lee were a nice pulls.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I knew the Chin would be great, too, and I'm sure the Sohn is, as well.
(I've updated the photo of my collection on page 3 of this thread if anyone wants to see them.)
I was lucky enough to have one of each from Sohn and Chin, plus the Stan Lee autograph, but didn't get a Hildebrandt sketch.
Yours is a beauty, congrats!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I've added selected scans in the CAF gallery.