Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Red Sonja, 35 Years of (Dynamic Forces)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Sonja, 35 Years of (Dynamic Forces)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Great sketches all Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
Very nice batch of base card artwork! Boxes hold 36 packs of 7 cards. 10 boxes per case, 120 cases total. Expect 3.31 base sets of 72 if collation were perfect. Items that were not part of the final release, but that had been shown in early press releases, include (1) Blank sketch cards, and (2) Retailer-incentive box bonus cards, signed by Roy Thomas, limited to 1973). Some sketch artists and signers who were on the 2007 sell sheets didn't make it into the 2009 release either. Many of the autographs were signed on two or three different background-art designs or in two different pen colors.

Oh, and I guess I'm quite well pleased with my Adam Hughes concentration! Wink

I didn't have a hot box, but for a while I thought I did. All of the premium cards in Box 2 were in the stack of 18 packs I opened first. So I'd call that a hot half-box and a dud half-box, which hints that snkeeyes9 won't be the only one disappointed.

BOX 1

Base cards (72): 3 complete sets, 18 doubles, 2 fives
Holofoil cards (9, 1:7 packs): 1 4 5 6 9 (of 9)
Foil puzzle cards (9, 1:7 packs): Top left,middle Center middle,right Bottom right [back]
Sketch cards (23+, 1:36 packs): John Czop #35 of 60
Autograph cards (41+, 1:18 packs): Adam Hughes (design 1: facing forward)
Autograph cards (41+, 1:18 packs): Doug Murray (black ink)
Star Power autographs (4, ?): Robert Rodriguez (Billy Tan art)

BOX 2

Base cards (72): 2 complete sets, 1 short of 3rd, 20 doubles, 1 five
Holofoil cards (9, 1:7 packs): 2 4 5 7 9 (of 9)
Foil puzzle cards (9, 1:7 packs): Top left Center left,middle Bottom middle,right,right [back]
Sketch cards (23+, 1:36 packs): Adam Hughes #1 of 10
Autograph cards (41+, 1:18 packs): Adam Hughes (design 2: left profile)
Autograph cards (41+, 1:18 packs): Allison Sohn (design 2: facing forward)
Autograph cards (41+, 1:18 packs): Billy Tan (black ink)
Star Power autographs (4, ?): none

Jeff, right? Are these the boxes you got from me? (Miss Lizzy's Collectibles) The reason I ask is because out of the two measly cases I ordered, I pulled 2 R.R. autos - yours would make 3 out of two cases. Seems like a high concentration.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Miss Lizzy,

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, great pulls Jeff!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Laura, I thought your boxes might have mirrored mine. You got an x/60 Czop and another of the x/10 Hughes sketches in your three. Not too shabby. Wink

Miss Lizzy, yeah, they were from your case. But if you extend it to 120 cases, that's still only 180 from him. It's still more than the 70 or so (average) per signer, but he didn't get writer's cramp.

My biggest fun on this one was letting Allison Sohn know that Stan Lee had signed one of her cards!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:

Miss Lizzy, yeah, they were from your case. But if you extend it to 120 cases, that's still only 180 from him. It's still more than the 70 or so (average) per signer, but he didn't get writer's cramp.

I didn't think of it that way. It was still pretty awesome to pull two from the same case.

I'm still waiting on the binders I ordered from this set, did anybody else get theirs yet?

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 boxes that I got my comicbook shop.

I also got 7 of 9 of both the foil and holofoil cards with 3 duplicates of each.
I need the top right and middle left cards of the foil set and cards 1, 3 & 8 of the holofoil set. The dupes I have are top left, middle right and bottom middle of the foil set and 4, 7 & 9 of the holofoil set.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
I'm still waiting on the binders I ordered from this set, did anybody else get theirs yet?

My binders and dealer incentive cards arrived Friday. So I'm sure they are on the way!

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:

My binders and dealer incentive cards arrived Friday. So I'm sure they are on the way!

Ed

I sure hope so, my buyers are getting antsy.
I did receive my Roy Thomas case incentive today, so maybe the binders are close behind.

Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Finally got my two boxes yesterday. I wish DF would use a better card stock for the base cards.

Rich Molinelli 156/166.

Kevin Sharpe 128/202

Gene Ha

Joesph Michael Linsner Metal

John Romita Sr. Dance

Stan Lee Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: alfster,

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I had opened my box for Open that Box Day, here is what I got:
One complete set of 72 cards
The set is nice, same over-all design as the first set from 2005. I was surprised to see the same images on cards in both sets! Cards 16 and 17 in the new set are cards 41 and 63 in the old set. Other images also appear in both sets, there should be enough Red Sonja pictures to make up 2 completely different sets.

Got 4 foil puzzle pieces and 4 Holofoil cards. Once again, at least one of the Holofoil cards was in the 2005 set.

I pulled 3 autographs,
1 Joyce Chin
2 Allison Sohn
Would haveliked to have gotten 3 different autos - one of the Sohns is up for trade for any other auto

My sketch card was the same as Alfster's, above
Rich Molinelli 155 of 166 (Alfster got 156 of 166)

A nice set, I was dissapointed by the same autograph card and repitition of images from old set, but overall worth collecting.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Great autos alfster Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I opened two boxes and got 4 autograph cards and 1 sketch card in each box. Here is the breakdown:

4 base sets
1 complete puzzle set with 2 extras
1 complete holofoil set with 1 extra
Christos Gage Auto
Luke Lieberman Auto
Allison Sohn Auto
Sean Chen Auto
Doug Murray Auto
Jim Lee Auto
2 Adam Hughes Autos (Similar to Jeff's)
2 Ryan Stegman Sketch cards (One of them had a lot of detail)

The collation was great in my boxes. I was one card short of a fifth base set. The only negative was the thin card stock.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
1 more box

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I picked up my 3 boxes from Parcel Force on Saturday, and opened two of them. Here'e the contents.

Box 1
Sketch card Mark Penington 24/211
Holofoil 4 of 9
Puzzle foil 1

Box 2
Sketch card Pablo Marcos 127/150
Holofoil 2,4,5,7,9 of 9
Puzzle foil 1 (same as above)

Can't say I enjoyed opening these boxes. No autograpgh cards in any of the boxes so far. A bit hit and miss or in my case miss!. Don't know whether I will be opening the third box, my heart just isn't in it. Boxes like these really make you think why anybody would want to pay so much to be left utterly disappointed. I don't think this hobby should be about despondancy Mad

This message has been edited. Last edited by: steve j,

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
opened a case a while back but haven't posted until now.

Red Sonja 35th Anniversary

Box #1

Base Set: 2
Puzzle Foil: T, C, R, BL, BR
Chrome Foil: 1, 2, 4, 6, 9
Autographs:
Aaron Loprestri
Arthur Suydam
Ethan Ryker
Sketch:
John Romita Sr. 18/21

Box #2

Puzzle Foil:
Chrome Foil: 1, 3, 5, 8, 9 (x2)
Autographs:
Billy Tan
Sketch:

Box #3

Base Set: 0
Puzzle Foil: TL (x2), T, R, BL, BR
Chrome Foil: 1, 4, 5, 7, 8
Autographs:
Joyce Chin
Jim Lee
Sketch:
Rich Molinelli 163/166

Box #4

Puzzle Foil: TL, L, R, BL, B
Chrome Foil: 3, 4, 6, 7, 8
Autographs:
Doug Murray
Stan Lee (Lisner Card)
Ethan Ryker
Sketch:
Kevin Sharpe 161/202

Box #5

Base Set: 3
Puzzle Foil: T, TR, L, C (x2), R, BL (x2), C, BR
Chrome Foil: 8
Autographs:
Joyce Chin
Aaron Loprestri
Sketch:
Ryan Stegman 101/197

Box #6

Base Set: 1
Puzzle Foil: T (x2), TR (x2), L (x2), C, BL, B (x2)
Chrome Foil: 1, 3, 4, 5 (x2), 7 (x2), 8, 9 (x2)
Autographs:
Greg Hildebrant
Alison Sohn (Side View Red Sonja)
Jim Lee
Adam Hughes
Mel Rubi
Sketch:
Pablos Marcos 128/150
Rich Molinelli 113/166

Box #7

Puzzle Foil: TL, TR, L, BL, BR
Chrome Foil: 1, 2, 4, 6, 9
Autographs:
Alison Sohn (Side View Red Sonja)
Brian Reed
Joseph Michael Lisner
Sketch:
Rich Molinelli 59/166

Box #8

Puzzle Foil: T, TR, L, C, B
Chrome Foil: 1, 2, 5, 8
Autographs:
Greg Hildbrandt
Alison Sohn (Standing Red Sonja)
Sketch: Jay Leister 32/200

Box #9

Puzzle Foil: TL, TR, L, R, B
Chrome Foil: 2, 5, 6, 7, 9
Autographs:
Pablos Marcos
Arthur Suydam
Sketch: Pablos Marcos 124/150

Box #10

Puzzle Foil:
Chrome Foil:
Autographs:
Sketch:
Shake Head

The collation for this case was way off. 2 boxes with with no sketch. In fact, the last box with no inserts whatsoever was very disappointing. I couldn't imagine buying a box and not getting anything but base cards Frown (mind you the base cards are nice).

The one super-box sort of made up for one of the other boxes, again, only because this was a case break, though Dynamite has been known to put "hot boxes" in their cases.

As for the dud boxes, I've emailed dynamic forces (the manufacturer) twice now and I haven't gotten a reply. It's been about a month now so I'm not expecting a reply anymore.

The end result? I think this was a good set but the dud boxes, bad collation and very poor customer service left me with an overall bad experience. Unfortunately, this will be my last Dynamic Forces product I buy.

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
My first box from Dynamic forces and I am well pleased Thumb Up

2 base sets
4 autos - Adam Hughes,Aaron Lopresti,Doug Murray and a mystery one. The back of the card says George Perez but it looks nothing like the previous auto I've got from him.
5 holofoils - 4,5,7,8,9
5 puzzle cards
Sketch by Kevin Sharpe

Any help with the auto would be appreciated Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It looks like others I've seen from Pérez for this set. Sometimes signers change their styles, but your signature looks a lot like one of his from 1998 Marvel Creator's Collection.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Maybe the auto I got on a 1999 commission was his "drawing auto".

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arc-trooper19374
posted Hide Post
Overall breakdown from the 2 boxes I got:

Foil Puzzle Cards: 1 - 9 (1 box had a complete set & the other had 6 with 2 copies of 1 card)

Holofoil Cards: 1 of 9 - 9 of 9 (Complete set + 1 spare from 1 box none in the other box)

Auto Cards:
Aaron Lopresti,
Adam Hughes,
Doug Murray,
George Perez,
Greg Hildebrandt,
Joyce Chin,
Stan Lee

Star Power Auto Cards:
Robert Rodriguez

Sketch Cards:
John Romita - 14/21
John Czop - 16/60

Autos were 3 in 1 box which included the Robert Rodriguez Auto & 5 in the other box, Sketch cards were 1 in each box. The box which had no Holofoil cards & less Foil Puzzle cards was the box that yielded the 5 Autos so it made up.

Overall I'm happy with what I got but think the distribution could have been better. The odd box with 5 Autos & no Holofoils also failed to yield even 1 complete base set.

Posts: 19 | Location: Aldershot, Hampshire, England | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of CharlieB
posted Hide Post
I guess I am a bit behind everyone...I just got my box last week but it was worth the wait.

1 card short of 3 base sets

5 of the 9 holos
5 of the 9 puzzles

Autos: Pablo Marcos and Greg Hildebrandt

and the best for last...

the hand drawn sketch card by Greg Hildebrandt

number 3 of 10

Posts: 1 | Location: Lexington KY | Registered: July 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post