Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew David:
Has anyone seen or pulled a Leia as Boussh sketch in these boxes ?

I'd be surprised if anyone did.

All the sketches were supposed to be based on Episode IV: A New Hope.

Expect that sketch when it's the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi. Wink

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I opened the only box I've been able to get ahold of so far (I screwed up and didn't pre-order any becuase I didn't know what was going to be in it at the time).

NO Box Topper! Weren't these supposed to be 1 per box? The gold reprint/buybacks?

1 auto of Ken Ralston

typical chase 8 tryptich 3 blue and 1 red

Frown that's what I get for only picking up 1 box. But the set is really nice! I'm glad I at least got that.

I might try to get a couple boxes more, but it depends on if I can find a good deal. Which doesn't seem to be very likely!

Congrats to everyone with their great pulls! Love all the sketches!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Here's the result of my first case break
Enjoy - Peter

hey peter...you pulled some really nice sketch cards even though you had a few dud boxes in the mix...just to make you feel better...I've had 6 dud boxes also...and that's just out of 3 cases + 3 or 4 boxes...and to top it off...I just had to have a little ambulatory surgery this past Wednesday for a recurring bout of something evil...and my wife surprised me with a box as we were headed home...i was so optimistic...and all my "get well soon" dreams were CRUSHED with yet ANOTHER DUD BOX!!!..and to boot, it was even missing the RED foil card! Mad

...I'm glad you pulled one of my very abstract kinda COUNTDOWN cards with the X wings beginning their flight towards the Death Star...

...FYI...there are 3 and you pulled the middle sequence sketch card...

...and you can see where they fit into the film and my 156 sketch card storyline at...
www.starwarssketchcards.com

...and 2 GOLD cards in 4 cases...that's cool as many collectors and dealers have had NONE in 10 cases! Thumb Up

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew David:
Has anyone seen or pulled a Leia as Boussh sketch in these boxes ?

I'd be surprised if anyone did.

All the sketches were supposed to be based on Episode IV: A New Hope.

Expect that sketch when it's the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi. Wink

Makes sense the only thing is why are there scenes from the prequels on the puzzle cards ? If this was solely A New Hope they should have kept to that entirely. Confused

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ocdlotr:
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Here's the result of my first case break
Enjoy - Peter

hey peter...you pulled some really nice sketch cards even though you had a few dud boxes in the mix...just to make you feel better...I've had 6 dud boxes also...and that's just out of 3 cases + 3 or 4 boxes...and to top it off...I just had to have a little ambulatory surgery this past Wednesday for a recurring bout of something evil...and my wife surprised me with a box as we were headed home...i was so optimistic...and all my "get well soon" dreams were CRUSHED with yet ANOTHER DUD BOX!!!..and to boot, it was even missing the RED foil card! Mad

...I'm glad you pulled one of my very abstract kinda COUNTDOWN cards with the X wings beginning their flight towards the Death Star...

...FYI...there are 3 and you pulled the middle sequence sketch card...

...and you can see where they fit into the film and my 156 sketch card storyline at...
www.starwarssketchcards.com

...and 2 GOLD cards in 4 cases...that's cool as many collectors and dealers have had NONE in 10 cases! Thumb Up

Hiya Len - Thanks for you response. Yeah I did get a couple of dud boxes and was happy pulling 3 (not 2) gold foils in my 4 cases. Definitely happy about that, especially the 1/30 Chewy. Did you write to Topps about getting those dud boxes yet?

Funny story with your card as I pulled it in the first box of my first case. I was more then thrilled as I had never pulled one of your cards before form any of your previous releases. It was definitely a good omen.

Hope your doing better after your surgery. Sorry about your other dud box especially missing the red foil. Actually I think I have your red foil as one box I opened had 3 of them in it. Very strange indeed.

All the best - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I finally scanned the cards from my case. 3 autos, 2 gold cards and 7 sketch cards.

Nothing huge but I think it was probably a bit better than the average case. I'm quite surprised how good the Fabbri sketches are, for someone who did 1000 sketches he didn't sacrifice quality.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I went to a card show today and I am very glad that I am a glutton for punishment. While I am waiting for Topps to get back to me on a number of dud boxes from my cases, I did bust some more boxes...no autos today!

[URL= ]CAT[/URL]

[URL= ]Katie[/URL]

[URL= ]

[URL= ]Ramos Boba Fett[/URL]

I hope the pics load...it is my first time.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Got the package from Topps today for my 5 dud boxes. I think I did very good but only needed the Greedo autograph:

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
How long did Topps take to get your cards to you?

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
How long did Topps take to get your cards to you?

It was only about a week from when my package was delivered.

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:

[URL= ]CAT[/URL]

I hope the pics load...it is my first time.

You see when i talk about the quality of sketches improving this is what i mean. This is superb. Is this one of the more exspensive ones.?

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The results from my 5th case break.

Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The results from my 6th case break

This case had another 3 dud boxes. I only pulled the 3 sketches and 2 autos.

Cheers - Peter

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Peter, congrats on pulling many excellent sketch cards. It's aweful that you had several dud boxes. Hopefully, you'll send them to Topps and get some sketches/autos in return.

Good luck! Michael

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
I was sending my reply after you posted your 5th case break. Then I saw your 6th case break with another 3 dud boxes! That's insane! Twak Topps! I really hope you send a letter to Topps and they take care of you.

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
I'm not certain which is worse...a DUD box or a DUD sketch card? Whacha think?

Frown Confused Shake Head

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just remember that beggers can't be choosers!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gofmauleg:
I was sending my reply after you posted your 5th case break. Then I saw your 6th case break with another 3 dud boxes! That's insane! Twak Topps! I really hope you send a letter to Topps and they take care of you.

Thanks Gofmauleg. Yeah, I just wrote Topps a letter on Friday with my 3 UPC's attached and now I just completed my second letter which is going in the mail tomorrow. Them's the breaks I guess. I am sure Topps will send something my way.

Cheers - Peter

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
That is an AWESOME Matt Busch Tusken Raider Sketch!! Nice Pull!! Thumb Up

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Paying $50 to $60 or more a box makes you a beggar? There was a day when that meant you were a customer. However, considering the experience of many collectors it may be the most concise and accurate analogy of the how the manufacturer views us.

Confused

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post