Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
Luzndave, tangent: great pulls! Eek The Graham Stormtrooper sketch ist just Drool.

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congrats Luzndave & Tangent on your case break! Thumb Up

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raywoo888:
LUZDAVE:

Great case !!! Thumb Up

It broke almost just like mine. Just change the sketches & autos, but they are about the same.

MULTIPLE CASE BREAKS:

I've been tracking how cases have been breaking locally from some dealers with feedback from customers and one group currently breaking over 100 cases. Eek

The Leia & Vader Auto combo-case has now surfaced at least (3) times in California, USA. The best advice anyone can give is to finish that case with a Leia or Vader. The odds seem better than average based on Topps collation. One reported case with (2) Leias.

From what I've seen or been reported to me, the boxes on early cases/boxes in the Bay Area seem to be heavier on autographs than sketches. As such, the major autographs (Fisher, Daniels, Prowse, & Mayhew)odds appear much better. The stated odds are 1:17 cases for either a Leia or C3P0, but from my LIMITED assessment of local breaks, it's been about 1:6 so far. That is pretty high considering every case has not been broken and feedback always provided. Vader's & Prowse follow suit.

The instance of bad boxes with NO autos/sketches are much less than the instances of multiple autos and/or sketch. 1 Bad : for 3 Good. Red & Blue Foils have been pretty consistent at stated odds.

Gold cards: Seem to be as stated. You get 0,1,2 which is consistent with 1:12 boxes with the occasional 3.

Sketches: Randomized.

The only thing that is clearly noticeable is that autos outnumber sketches significantly. A FREAK case with (2) Leia's needs to have a FREAK case of 8 common autos (more than 1).

While this does not help anyone with their LUCK of the DRAW, there should be cases out there with more sketches than autos in an area or perhaps the later produced boxes? Fodder for thought.

raywoo888,

The case you broke very similar to mine. We were very luckly with ours.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Incredible luck are the words with this set.

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got a case of this on Saturday Smile Smile Smile

8 Box Loader cards

all 27 Tryptech cards and loads of spares

16 Blue foil cards

8 Red foil Cards.... 1 was the checklist Smile Smile Smile

0 Gold cards

4 Autos: John Williams, R2D2 Christina Hewitt and 1 Other

5 Sketches Smile Smile Smile Yes 5 Sketches in my case

1 Brian Rood
2 Sarah Wilkinson
3 David Fabrie
4 Grant Gould
5 Kevin Graham

Well happy with the breakdown Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
well done on your case brakedown KADRAN00157

well done on getting 5 sketch cards in your case Thumb Up

from millhouse

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MILLHOUSE,

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Way to go!! Thumb Up

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leia214
posted Hide Post
Looks like people did much better than me!

6 boxes - 1 sketch, 2 autographs, 3 complete base sets.

Very very disappointed in Topps this time around. Frown Shake Head

Posts: 101 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: June 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
Results from first 2 box Break:
17 Triptych Puzzle Cards
5 Blue Foil Parallels
3 Red Foil Parallels
Joe Viskocil (Miniature Explosions) Autograph
David Dorman (Luke Skywalker) Sketch

2 Case Results -
Case 1
69 Triptych Puzzle Cards
16 Blue Foil Parallels
8 Red Foil Parallels

7 Sketch Cards
Princes Leia - Sean Pence
R2-D2 - Grant Gould
Chewbacca - Doug Cowan
Princess Leia - Grant Gould
Rebel Trooper - Cat Staggs
Princess Leia - Sean Pence
Princess Leia - Sarah Wilkinson

2 Autographs
Joe Viskocil (Miniature Explosions)
Norman Reynolds (Art Director)

Case 2
69 Triptych Puzzle Cards
16 Blue Foil Parallels
8 Red Foil Parallels

1 Gold Card
90 Spectacular Conflict 03/30

3 Sketch Cards
Opening Sequence #8 - Len Belinger
Princes Leia - Josh Howard
Tusken Raider - Fabbri

7 Autographs
Joe Viskocil (Miniature Explosions)
Richard LeParmentier (Admiral Motti)
Maria DeAragon (Greedo)
Kenny Baker (R2-D2)
Paul Blake (Greedo)
Norman Reynolds (Art Director)
Garrick Hagon (Biggs Darklighter)

Scans to come later

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Master,

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
well...I was looking for more sketch cards than autos...I think I broke out pretty even in those respects...thanks god I pre-ordered with a dealer VERY EARLY on at $440 a case because at well over $500 a case...well that's too much of a crapshoot to be pulling some of these multiple of multiple autos...

...I did have 5 DUD BOXES in my batch...and that wasn't much fun...

...but I did pull a really cool Kayanan, and some other great looking sketch cards, and would you believe it...one of my own sketch cards!

...biggest auto pull was the Kenny Baker...

here's a peek...!

Congrats to everyone's cool big auto and sketch card pulls...some really exciting looking things there.

...and hey, you never know...in 9 boxes out there are 9 Harrison Ford autos that could be worth 10,000 grand apiece...

...it's card collecting Lotto...you gotta be in it, to win it...but most times YOU LOSE! Mad

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
It's like Vegas!! Big Grin

Picture of leia214
posted Hide Post
I guess I have gotten spoiled by other sets and mfgs by getting at least one sketch or auto per box.

Posts: 101 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: June 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
Here are my pictures, Sorry they took so long.

Dorman from 1st of 2 boxes

Case 1

Case 2

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Nice cases Master! Clap

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Case opened - Eyes down for a full house. Here are the results of the Welsh vote: -

Box Loader 120 / 8 Tryptich / 2 blue / 1 red / Christine Hewett Auto
Box loader 126 / 8 Tryptich / 2 blue / 1 red / Joe Corroney sketch (Goodness knows Confused)
Box Loader 69 / 8 Tryptich / 2 blue / 1 red / Ken Ralston Auto
Box Loader 60 / 9 Tryptich / 2 blue / 1 red / Dalla Vecchia Sketch (Stormtrooper)
Box Loader 84 / 8 Tryptich / 1 blue / 1 red / Garrick Hagon Biggs Darklighter Auto
Box Loader 93 / 8 Tryptich / 2 blue / 1 red / Garrick Hagon Biggs Darklighter Auto
Box Loader 110 / 8 Tryptich / 1 blue / 1 red / Allison Sohn Sketch (full color R2D2)
Box Loader 53 / 8 Tryptich / 1 blue / 1 red / John Dykestra Biggs Darklighter Auto

The Happy Section

a) I thought it was quite a nice break
b) Two quality sketches

The Sad Section

a) 2 Garrick autos
b) 8 of the blue foils (I only received 13) were miscut (biggest disappointment since i am collecting the damn things)

I opened the boxes with my wife and youngest daughter (19). My wife pulled most of the sketches and autos, my daughter pulled none!! It was a bit like open that box day except with a case. Big Grin

Will post the sketches when I work out what to do.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
Hey MASTER...glad you pulled one of my "Homage to Lucas" 9 sequence opening scene sketch cards...I think that's #8 which has the rebel ship zooming by as the Imperial Cruiser shoots a blast or two out of the sketch card frame...

...some very cool cards...LOVE THAT COWAN CHEWBACCA...are you selling that beauty...?

Congrats...good pulls!

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
I just received my 2nd box,and got gold box topper,1 red foil card,2 blue foil(no golds in my 2 boxes),and Biggs Darklighter auto(I was hoping for a great sketch).Overall,ba humbug! Frown
Those are the breaks.....
I'm really waiting for the Golden Compass Set! Sheep
I think I'm gonna like the base set alot,and if I pull an auto then it's a +.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congrats Len and Master on pulling such wonderful sketch cards! Clap

Len, I admire the excellent work you've done with your sketch cards. Also, I really like the your Kayanan Luke sketch. I'm glad such a beautiful sketch card was pulled by a passionate and enthusiastic collector like yourself. Well done! Thumb Up

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Len:

Great cases. The Kayanan is great. Topps returned your 7th Sketch to you in a roundabout way. Wink

Master:

Case #1 was awesome with (4) GREAT Sketches. What was the Chewbacca sketch done in ... looks painted?

Posts: 419 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: October 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opened 1 more box (3rd time's the charm):

- 1 box topper #306 - another blank back card? Is anyone else getting these error cards? see pic
- 8 puzzles
- 1 red foil #24
- 2 blue foils #42, #57
- 1 sketch - Darth Vader by John Watkins Chow

sketch

box toppers

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post