Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
yeah, can i put in a reserve for 5 at that price myself :-)

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Fans out there will pay that money in the hope just to pull 1 of the top 5 Auto's and some awesome sketches......
Look at Starwars Heritage boxes now..... Can you get them at a cheap price?????
It's gonna double in years to come.... more new fans every day lol

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, 2 more boxes in the last week. Prices seem to maybe be getting better? Not sure, but I just needed more.

Box 1:
Leah Mangue sketch from the Cantina:

Weird, but cool. I got 2 blues I believe.

Box 2:
DUD BOX! No sketch or auto!
2 blues, 1 red, 10 puzzle pieces

So, I'll be sending #2 off to see what Topps can do. Sad, since I'd much much rather "find" something than have to hopefully get it from the company. Frown

Now I want more boxes...

JF

Posts: 56 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I've got two boxes that I haven't opened yet and now I'm in a quandry as to what to do with them. Open them or sell them on eBay?

(Joe says I should sell them to him so he can open them!)

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
open one. if you like what you get, and it was fun, sell the other. if you dont like it, then open em both LOL.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did recently open one box, what I got:

Box topper card: 182

And this sketch by Dave Dorman Smile

[IMG]http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4426/1000755mw1.th.jpg"> [/IMG]

[IMG]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2631/1000755kw3.jpg"> [/IMG]

Sorry for the bad image, but I've got problems with my scanner so I had to use my digital camera...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stargate-fan,

Posts: 12 | Location: Sweden | Registered: December 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
img165.imageshack.us/img165/2631/1000755kw3.jpg

very nice leia sketch!

posted Hide Post
This might be almost 6 month too late but I am trying to catch up here so here are my Star Wars 30th Anniversary case breaks of two cases I had pre-ordered and one lone box I bought at the local comics shop.

Case #1: All-in-all, it is not a bad break with an extra autograph card but no Gold card
Dave Prowse Auto
Gary Kurtz Auto
2x Norman Reynolds Auto
Christine Hewett Auto
Davide Fabrri Sketch (Dianoga)
Adam Hughes Sketch (Ben Kenobi)
Jan Duursema Sketch (Vader)
Sarah Wilkinson Sketch (Leia)

Case #2: I was debating whether or not to open this and quit while I am ahead but I ponder this for about a month before deciding that I was feeling lucky
Carrie Fischer Auto - Unfortunately, the card had a streak across the card so I sent it to Topps. A replacement card was sent within a week.
Collin Higgins Auto
Norman Reynolds Auto
Otis Frampton Sketch (Jawa)
Katie Cook Sketch (C3PO & Leia)
Gold card #71
Robert Teranishi Sketch (Stormtrooper)
Christian Dalla Vecchia Sketch (Stormtrooper)
Sarah Wilkinson Sketch (Leia)

Lone Box: I saw a fresh box at the comic shop and I could not resist
Peter Mayhew Auto
No Gold Card

Posts: 47 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow nvr-enuff, so that's where all the good cards went! Wink

Excellent breaks!!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Not a bad case break when you pull an Adam Hughes?? Holy cow!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Amazing breaks. I opened up 10 cases and didn't have a single one even close to EITHER of your two. Congrats!

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those were AMAZING boxes! Congrats! And if you're not planning on keeping the Katie Cook card, feel free to send me an e-mail. Wink

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
wow...you opened 17 boxes, and pulled 6 of the best cards in the set...you did amazingly well, i mean, your literally one expensive autograph, and a bunch of commons, away from making a master set of autographs...wow, great pulls!

posted Hide Post
Wow!!!

Those boxes were amazing!!! Even if you just bought the boxes at current prices vs. your pre-order you would have come out way ahead. CONGRATS!

If you have any box toppers for trade, send me an e-mail!

Posts: 419 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: October 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the love everyone. After those pulls, it was much easier and less expensive to complete the autograph set minus Ford. But I am still looking for the Anthony Daniels auto.

quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
wow...you opened 17 boxes, and pulled 6 of the best cards in the set...you did amazingly well, i mean, your literally one expensive autograph, and a bunch of commons, away from making a master set of autographs...wow, great pulls!

Posts: 47 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
Just bought a box finally.

Box Topper - # 124
Base set - 1
Puzzle cards - 2 for New Hope, 1 for Empire Strikes Back, 3 for Return of the Jedi and 2 for Attack of the Clones
Blue parallels - 2
Red parallels - 1
Autograph - Joe Viskocil

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
out of the 30 packs at the local comic shop 1 base set. no sketches, but i pulled 2 autos

Posts: 25 | Location: richmond , va | Registered: February 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats to everyone, there are some great pulls here

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
Bought another box to see if I could get a sketch card as the previous box I picked up had an autograph card.
Even though no guarantee that a box would have either a auto or sketch per the odds but figured give it a shot.

Box Topper - none
Base set - 1
Puzzle cards - 1 for New Hope, 0 for Empire Strikes Back, 5 for Return of the Jedi, 4 for Attack of the Clones and 1 for The Phantom Menace
Blue parallels - 2
Red parallels - 1
Gold parallels - None
Autograph card - None
Sketch card - C3P0 by Alex Buechel

The box I got was a little strange with no box topper and more puzzle cards then the stated odds but the other inserts were in line with the odds.

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just broke down a few more boxes and pulled this awesome Han Solo Color Sketch card by Rafael Kayanan!

Steve

[URL=http://imageshack.us] [/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 19 | Location: South Bay, CA | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post