Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I decided to stick with getting a base set only. I was nearly going to invest in getting a few boxes, but I didn't think the odds were that great.

Good luck to all who have purchased the product.

Posts: 833 | Location: Melbourne, VIC. Australia | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
Wavethanks steve j,not to bad now,we got the water back on Surf seen a few great cards on the auction site,50 cases i just managed to go halfs with my brother lol

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Master Yoda
posted Hide Post
Just opened my case and very happy with it Big Grin Sorry if it takes long to load... here are the goods Big Grin

Box 1: Box2: Box 3:

Box4: (Cat Staggs Leia! Bouncey )

Box 5: Box 6: (R2 Auto! Big Grin)

Box7: (Katie Cook Jawa Big Grin)

Box 8: (Cat Staggs Leia!!! Clap Bouncey )

I am sooo happy I got more sketches than autos and 2 Cat Staggs I couldn't believe it... I really like the Katie Cook too Big Grin And the R2 and Jawa autos. Well thanks for looking Big Grin

Posts: 41 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you like what you got! The pictures are amazing!! Thumb Up I'm still waiting on my 2 boxes. Frown

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls! Glad to see some people getting the sketches! They're awesome Drool

Looks like it's hit and miss and I'll see what I'll get with my two cases (from separate dealers).

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your nice haul MasterYoda Clap
I can only hope that I will have similar luck when I open my cases tomorrow. (I will post the breakdown on Friday)

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your pulls.....

A job well done.....

Posts: 36 | Location: ENGLAND | Registered: May 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DarthJamie
posted Hide Post
I ordered a case for the first time with this set. It will probably be the last case I buy.

I got 6 autographs:
Christine Hewitt (Yeah! That was one I wanted)
Joe Mollo
Joe Viskocil
Maria deAragon
Garrick Hagon x2

Since I already had the Maria and Garrick autos from EvII, those were alright, but I'd rather have gotten some I didn't have before. The behind the scenes people are, well, ehhhh. I'd rather have sketchs TBH.

1 Sketch: Princess Leia by Brandon McKinney

1 box with no sketch or auto

Of the 8 box toppers, I only got 5 unique ones. One card #3, I received three times, along with one other card duplicated.

I did get a gold parallel card (#80, 21/30).

The odds for the blue/red parallels and puzzles were pretty much on the mark, although one box had no blue parallels in it. The puzzles don't do much for me.

The base set is the best set they've done in a long time, and there are some really great cards in it. I love the deleted scenes cards. Distribution was poor however. I couldn't get a complete set until I opened my fourth box. On average, a case should yield about 10 sets of the base cards, and I'd say I'm lucky if I got 5 complete sets.

I have two more boxes coming from a local shop, so I'm hoping for a little better luck with them.

Posts: 32 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
After reading all the negative comments in News & Rumours, it's nice to see that some people having some great pulls.

Congratulations everyone, and thanks for sharing. Thumb Up

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Here are the results from my first two cases:
AUTOGRAPHS
Joe Viskocil
Norman Reynolds
Jon Berg
John Mollo
Paul Blake--Greedo
Maria DeAragon---Greedo
Garrick Hagon---Biggs
Kenny Baker---R2-D2
A nice mix and no duplicates so I'm happy about that.

SKETCHES
Dave Dorman---Chewbacca
Chris Dalla Vechia---Cantina Girl
Katie Cook--- Tuskin Raiders
Katie Cook---Tuskin Raiders
David Fabbri---Jawwa
Juan Carlos Ramos---Darth Vader
Jessica Hickman---Jawwa
Jessica Hickman---Jawwa
John Watkins Chow---Luke

I didn't pull any Golds and I came up short one Red, but since I came away with an extra sketch I really can't complain. Since the wife and I busted these in a hurry we may have missed something, so we'll check things closer once we start sorting for sets.

Here are the photos of my sketches. I'll let you be the judge of the quality.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Arvin Sloane,

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Arvin,those are pretty nice! Sheep

I got my first box this morning-uugg!! I got a John Mollo+one red foil+2 blue foils. If you would like to own them they are on ebay since this morning-I hope someone else likes them. Thumb Up
Hopefully my second box will be lots better-here's hoping!! Big Grin

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
OK...I just got my first case and started opening it at Midnight (kids & wife to sleep):

Here's the breakdown:

Box 1:
Topper: 181 Red Foil: 106 Blue Foil: 30, 45 Puzzle: 9 total AUTO: Lorne Peterson

Box 2:
Topper: 105 Red Foil: 84 Blue Foil: 51, 64 Puzzle: 8 total SKETCH: Leia by Sean Pence 1:1,640 Big Grin

Box 3:
Topper: 195 Red Foil: 108 Blue Foil: 3, 12 Puzzle: 8 total AUTO: Carrie Fisher 1:6,561 Eek Clap Luv You (Got in trouble for waking the wife after 1 AM) Never pulled a 1:274 box average card in my life!

I'm thinking I'm golden for all 4 cases I ordered....getting the #2 card in the set (1:75). I'm an AUTO collector mainly!
The box is not done......then Gold Foil: #92 (27/30) 1:287 Gold Foils are every other case (1:12 boxes). Thumb Up

Box 4:
Topper: 50 Red Foil: 33 Blue Foil: 46, 59 Puzzle: 8 total SKETCH: Luke by Sean Pence 1:1,640 Big Grin
I'm happy to have a set of Luke & Leia! then Gold Foil: #12 (10/30) 1:287 Smokin' I'm chilling......

Box 5:
Topper: 195 (duplicate) Red Foil: 84 Blue Foil: 51, 64 Puzzle: 8 total SKETCH: Obi-wan by Robert Teranishi

Box 6:
Topper: 136 Red Foil: 60 Blue Foil: 13, 113 Puzzle: 8 total SKETCH: Sand Person by Fabbri

Then I stopped. It's late ... I'm HAPPY tired! (2 boxes left)

I've already beaten the odds with this case.

It feels good to finally get a HIT case vs. the more common MISS case once in a long while.

Posts: 419 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: October 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Nice case raywoo88! Thumb Up I think you may have just made your money back! Big Grin

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's fantastic!!! I'm glad some people are getting good cards. Metal

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congrats raywoo88, you scored big just on the six boxes! Clap

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20 | Location: Michigan | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blwilson
posted Hide Post
My two boxes arrived today. Combining both:

Base sets x1 (one card short of a second)
Puzzle cards x16 (15 different and one double)
Blue parallels x4 (15, 49, 62, 107)
Red parallels x2 (47, 50)
Autograph x1 Christine Hewett as Brea Tonnika

Sketch x1 Darth Vader by Davide Fabbri

After hearing others problems with their breaks, I was relieved to get exactly what I'd expect.

Blair

wuher, Scott Rammel, Bond, mars53, Arvin Sloane, Larry C., silmapco, MrSpeed719, spidergoblin, mark64, steve j, barrowjack, indypat75, ra4dunb, Avalon, hammer, Gregor1968, Rich, Scifi Cards, Ryan Cracknell, UofLHoops, Cee_Jay, rachandcarl, brandocles, venom5liter, Warrior Babe, manolito, SciFi Mom, Ariana, Craig, beleay, kidtrek, eman, iki927, jane

Posts: 281 | Location: Surrey, BC, Canada | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DougieZero:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a278/ncexnyc/jess.jpg

What the hell are those?...

Some disappointing sketches of Jawas. I really thought that after LOTR Evolution, we had put these types of sketches behind us. What's especially disappointing is that I've seen some of the other cards that this artist did for this set and they are very nice.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are Jawas

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Just finished opening my 3 cases. I have 5 boxes to triple-check that didn't have an autograph or sketch card so I'm very disappointed. Things started picking up by the end of case # 2 and I beat the odds with the gold parallels.

Hobby Case 1:
------------

Box 1: 1 Box Top: 108 | 2 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Sketch: Gould [Sandtrooper]
Box 2: 1 Box Top: 79 | 2 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Autograph: Hewett [Tonnika]
Box 3: 1 Box Top: 112 | 2 Blue | 0 Red | 1 Gold | 7 Puzzle | 0 Autograph/Sketch
Box 4: 1 Box Top: 9 | 2 Blue | 1 Red | 1 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Sketch: Teranishi [Vader]
Box 5: 1 Box Top: 85 | 2 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Autograph: Edlund [Cameraman]
Box 6: 1 Box Top: 127 | 2 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Sketch: Fabbri [Biggs]
Box 7: 1 Box Top: 70 | 2 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Autograph: Baker [R2-D2]
Box 8: 1 Box Top: 114 | 2 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Autograph: Kurtz [Producer]

Hobby Case 2:
------------

Box 1: 1 Box Top: 48 | 1 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Sketch: Dalla Vecchia [Han]
Box 2: 1 Box Top: 125 | 0 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 12 Puzzle | 1 Autograph: DeAragon [Greedo]
Box 3: 1 Box Top: 159 | 1 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Sketch: Fabbri [Vader]
Box 4: 1 Box Top: 138 | 2 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Autograph: Hewett [Tonnika]
Box 5: 1 Box Top: 61 | 1 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Autograph: Hagon [Biggs]
Box 6: 1 Box Top: 210 | 2 Blue | 3 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 0 Autograph/Sketch
Box 7: 1 Box Top: 98 | 2 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Autograph: LeParmentier [Motti]
Box 8: 1 Box Top: 145 | 1 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Sketch: Sohn [Vader]

Hobby Case 3:
------------

Box 1: 1 Box Top: 81 | 2 Blue | 0 Red | 2 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 0 Autograph/Sketch
Box 2: 1 Box Top: 83 | 0 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Autograph: LeParmentier [Motti], 1 Sketch: Eliopoulos [Leia]
Box 3: 1 Box Top: 29 | 0 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 6 Puzzle | 1 Autograph: Baker [R2-D2]
Box 4: 1 Box Top: 80 | 2 Blue | 2 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 0 Autograph/Sketch
Box 5: 1 Box Top: 97 | 1 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Sketch: Gutierrez [?]
Box 6: 1 Box Top: 186 | 2 Blue | 2 Red | 0 Gold | 9 Puzzle | 0 Autograph/Sketch
Box 7: 0 Box Top: | 1 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Sketch: Rousseau [Luke]
Box 8: 1 Box Top: 81 | 2 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 8 Puzzle | 1 Sketch: Hernandez [Chewbacca]

Is the character on Gutz's sketch Lak Sivrak?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: venom5liter,

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post