Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I don't know how many of you are tracking the prices of sketch cards, but I am certainly amazed at the prices these cards are pulling in.

I've seen a number of what I would consider average sketches break the $100 barrier and a few other, which I would consider just above average go for several hundred dollars.

The naysayers can bash away all they want, but this set is turning out to be the biggest set of the year. When people are still paying huge sums of money for cases of this product that says it all.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:

[URL= ]CAT[/URL]

I hope the pics load...it is my first time.

You see when i talk about the quality of sketches improving this is what i mean. This is superb. Is this one of the more exspensive ones.?

I sure hope so Wolfie Cool I was quite happy when I started to slide the top corner rather slowly and saw the detail in the hair. I instantly guessed that it had to be either a Cat or Pence. After going back and looking at Cat's page on the website, I belive that this is her best black and white Leia. We shall soon see what the collecting public think of it in terms of value.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: igman7,

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great card.

Great card.

Great card.

That's all I can say I've said it enough.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
I don't know how many of you are tracking the prices of sketch cards, but I am certainly amazed at the prices these cards are pulling in.

I've seen a number of what I would consider average sketches break the $100 barrier and a few other, which I would consider just above average go for several hundred dollars.

The naysayers can bash away all they want, but this set is turning out to be the biggest set of the year. When people are still paying huge sums of money for cases of this product that says it all.

IMO it's the Star Wars name thats at the root of the inflated prices..There are a LOT more Star Wars fans out there than say Wizard of Oz for which I have been picking up lovely full colour sketches from the likes of Jeff Chandler,Ray Dillon,Renae DeLiz etc.at around $20-$30 that you could put another "0" on the end of the price if they were Star Wars or LOTR.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but even so, this set is definetly pretty amazing and unique.

Cases could be pre ordered for around what...$425? $450? now they are about the break the $800 mark and in just a little over a month.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
That was something a lot of people knew beforehand. When you saw the presells you knew this was going to be a massive set with a lot of interest. So it's normal that these cases increases that much.

This just reminds me of what happened with "Complete Avengers" from Rittenhouse.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I understand about the Star Wars name helping hype this product from the get go and about the number of pre-sells, however this product has received a number of bad reviews, at least on this board from people voicing displeasure with this product.
My point is that these complaints haven't swayed many people from continuing to purchase this product and as has been noted for nearly double the original price.

PS I got two cases (presell) with S&H for $816.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box from a show that I had pre-ordered.

I haven't sorted the box yet, but I did manage to pull a gold foil #111 07/30 and this Jessica Hickman sketch. Thanks for setting this box aside for me Ed. Regards, Brandon

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
I got two (and probably my only two Frown) boxes and didn't do so well.

Box 1
Complete set w/extras
Box Topper 301
Blue Foil 7, 115
Red Foil 51
Gold Foil none
Trypitch 8
Autograph George Roubichek as Commander Praji
Sketch none

Box 2
Complete set w/extras
Box Topper 139
Blue Foil 62, 73
Red Foil 108
Gold Foil none
Trypitch 8
Autograph Maria DeAragon as Greedo
Sketch none

My second box was worse. I pull a autograph card of DeAragon but it had no autograph sticker on the card Confused I'm going to write to Topps about this matter.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can anyone help me with this Sketch, no idea who as i cannot see a signature on it

www.gateworldcollectables.com.au\ebay\sw30th3.jpg

(I hope it loaded as this is my first image upload)

Thanks
Jason

Posts: 11 | Location: Australia | Registered: May 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Sorry this is the image

Can anyone help with the artist?

Jason

Posts: 11 | Location: Australia | Registered: May 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
My first reaction would be Tom Hodges.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Yes, I can confirm it's Tom Hodges.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Yup, Batman is correct.

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys

Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
got another 3 more boxes today Smilemaybe i am a sucker for punishment lol,lets hope i get a nice colour sketch,i know i aint going to pull a ford auto!(i wish) Big Grin

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raider5gt:
got another 3 more boxes today Smilemaybe i am a sucker for punishment lol,lets hope i get a nice colour sketch,i know i aint going to pull a ford auto!(i wish) Big Grin

Good Luck! Maybe not a Ford but possibly a Fisher or Daniels? Wink

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dragoncrypt:
quote:
Originally posted by raider5gt:

Good Luck! Maybe not a Ford but possibly a Fisher or Daniels? Wink

Twak

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Received my 2 boxes today and I'm really happy about them.

2 full set + extras (extras + full set for trade)
16 die-cuts (does anybody know how many exist)
2 reds: 7, 16 (they are for trade)
4 blues: 31, 46, 59, 112 (they are for trade)
Box Topper: 89, 90 (they are for trade)

1 Sketch of Luke Skywalker by Dalla Vecchia
Autograph of John Mollo

I'm very happy that I have one of both and no dull boxes.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:
Received my 2 boxes today and I'm really happy about them.

2 full set + extras (extras + full set for trade)
16 die-cuts (does anybody know how many exist)
2 reds: 7, 16 (they are for trade)
4 blues: 31, 46, 59, 112 (they are for trade)
Box Topper: 89, 90 (they are for trade)

1 Sketch of Luke Skywalker by Dalla Vecchia
Autograph of John Mollo

I'm very happy that I have one of both and no dull boxes.

Peter

There are 27, 9 lots of 3.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post