Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
 Login/Join

Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
Thumb Upgreat lot of cards there venom,the chewie sketch is wicked,so is the vader by fabbri

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is the character on Gutz's sketch Lak Sivrak?

It could be him, or Defel. They do look kind of alike though - same ears Smile.
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/bts/article/f20030502/indexp2.html

You pulled some nice sketches!

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 cases.

Case 1
9 Red Foil parallels
15 Blue Foil parallels
0 Gold Foil parallels
loads of puzzle cards
8 box toppers

Autos
Phil Tippett - Stop motion animation
Jon Berg - Stop motion animation
John Mollo - Costume designer
Paul Blake - Greedo
Maria DeAragon - Greedo

A load of Tarkins!
Cynthia Cummens, Justin Chung, Jessica Hickman
Sean Pence, Sean Pence

Case 2
8 Red Foil parallels
16 Blue Foil parallels
0 Gold Foil parallels
loads of puzzle cards
8 box toppers

Autos
Paul Blake - Greedo
Garrick Hagon - Biggs Darklighter
Colin Higgins - Wedge Antilles
Gary Kurtz - Producer
Richard LeParmentier - Admiral Motti

Sketches

John Watkins-Chow, Sarah Wilkinson, Davidé Fabbri

The JWC is number 0 in the Tarot deck subset he did and is entitled The Fool.

In first case, one box had an autograph and 2 sketches.
Didn't get a Gold Foil parallel.

I'm not convinced I'd make my money back if decided to sell but I got some lovely sketches.
Need to find Han, Luke and Ben sketches to go with the Leia, Chewy and R2 & C3PO ones. Favourite ones are the JWC and the portrait Tarkin by Sean Pence.

Of the box toppers, I got 2 blue borders (32,35) and the other 14 were all red border. I've 2 each of 67 and 75.
No duplicates on the red foil parallels but one card has a nasty scratch on the back. Dupes of 75 and 64 on the blue foil parallels.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, this is my first post although I've been reading the boards for a long time.

I opened up 1 hobby case and here are the results. The collation was a bit off but in my favor as I got 6 autographs and 4 sketches
(2 boxes with 1 auto, 1 sketch).

-------- Blue --- Red --- Gold ------- Autograph ------ Sketch
Box #1___2_______1_______0_______Gary Kurtz
Box #2___2_______1_______0______________________Len Bellinger
Box #3___1_______1_______0_______Joe Viskocil____Brandon McKinney
Box #4___1_______0_______1_______Richard LeParmentier
Box #5___1_______1_______0_______Paul Blake______Davide Fabbri
Box #6___1_______1_______0______________________Cat Staggs
Box #7___2_______2_______0_______Garrick Hagon
Box #8___0_______1_______0_______John Berg

The sketches that I got were absolutely incredible! I'd like to thank the artists for putting in so much time and effort to come up with
these masterpieces. I finally got my first Cat Staggs sketch and it's awesome! Clap

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JR,

Posts: 10 | Location: United States | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
I opened up 1 hobby case and here are the results. The collation was a bit off but in my favor as I got 6 autographs and 4 sketches

You got a great case! Good choice for a first post. Excellent sketches all round and the first Fabbri i've seen with colour.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tangent,

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
JR,Welcome to Card Talk!! Big Grin

Those first 2 sketches on top are totally out of this world!! Clap

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of THX2112
posted Hide Post
Wow! Nice pulls, JR!!! That Vader almost looks like a photograph! Sweeeeet! Congrats to you and all the other's who have posted here as well.

Posts: 139 | Location: Noblesville, IN | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
JR, I love that Chewie!!! Thumb Up

It's to bad that I've seen many posts about boxes without a sketch or an auto....... Frown

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR:
Hi, this is my first post although I've been reading the boards for a long time.

Blue Red Gold Autograph Sketch
Box #1 2 1 0 Gary Kurtz
Box #2 2 1 0 Len Beringer
Box #3 1 1 0 Joe Viskocil Bob McKinney
Box #4 1 0 1 Richard LeParmentier
Box #5 1 1 0 Paul Blake David Fabbri
Box #6 1 1 0 Cat Staggs
Box #7 2 2 0 Garrick Hagon
Box #8 0 1 0 John Berg

The sketches that I got were absolutely incredible! I'd like to thank the artists for putting in so much time and effort to come up with
these masterpieces. I finally got my first Cat Staggs sketch and it's awesome! Clap

Now THAT is how to come in with a bang JR Eek

To get a color Cat as well as an awesome Len Bellinger...kuddos to you, and welcome.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Raj, congrats on the 2 Pences from your first case. You fared much better than I did...I will post my 2 cases soon but I need to go coalate sets for my show this weekend.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Looks like everyone is opening a case - I just got one box.

I got a baseset minus 24 cards

a bunch of extra commons

Boxloader - 104

2 Blue foils - 88, 111

No red foil or gold foil

Puzzle cards - 7 each

No sketch

Autograph - John Williams

some thoughts - I had really wanted a sketch when I saw some of them that had been posted on Card Talk, butr I've also seen a lot of unspectacular sketches as well. Even though it's a sticker auto, I do like the Williams auto.

The puzzle cards are pretty lackluster. Whats the point of having them fit together like a jigsaw when they will mostly be put in 9 card sheets?

I would have liked to see better collation with this set. I was missing 24 cards, but I had a big stack of extras, with 2 extra of some.

On the plus side, the base cards are great, one of the best Star Wars sets ever. I also like the retro 70's cards with the foil stamp, a nice touch.

I'm not done with these, I'll be buying lots of packs, and maybe another box.

Good work on the great pulls some of you have been finding. Now - will one of you please pull a Harrison Ford auto!?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
Hey JR...great pulls...glad you got my GREY VADER...and an awesome color Chewbacca by Cat Staggs...cool McKinney and really unusual Fabbri...quite a haul! Eek Smile

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 boxes:

2 base sets
2 box toppers (118, 124)
2 autos (Hagon & LeParmentier)
2 red foils (26, 97)
4 blue foils (3, 40, 55, 104)
16 puzzle cards

NOTE: The #118 box topper was completely "blank" on the back. Did this happen to anyone else?

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Williams auto Don Clap

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
The puzzle cards are pretty lackluster. Whats the point of having them fit together like a jigsaw when they will mostly be put in 9 card sheets?

Now, if you know a Friendly Dealer™Wave that stocks supplies, you might see if the 3 pocket pages for proof sheets would work to put all 3 puzzle pieces in. Might be too loose a fit, but I'll have to give it a try once I sort out my puzzle pieces.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK.... Time to finish the opening of my 1st Case.

I stopped at 6 boxes (8/2/07):

Here's the breakdown:

Box 1:
Topper: 181 Red Foil: 106 Blue Foil: 30, 45 Puzzle: 9 total AUTO: Lorne Peterson

Box 2:
Topper: 105 Red Foil: 84 Blue Foil: 51, 64 Puzzle: 8 total SKETCH: Leia by Sean Pence 1:1,640 Big Grin

Box 3:
Topper: 195 Red Foil: 108 Blue Foil: 3, 12 Puzzle: 8 total AUTO: Carrie Fisher 1:6,561 Eek Clap Luv You Elephant
(The box is not done......then Gold Foil: #92 (27/30) 1:287 Gold Foils are every other case (1:12 boxes). Thumb Up

Box 4:
Topper: 50 Red Foil: 33 Blue Foil: 46, 59 Puzzle: 8 total SKETCH: Luke by Sean Pence 1:1,640 Big Grin
then Gold Foil: #12 (10/30) 1:287 Smokin'

Box 5:
Topper: 195 (duplicate) Red Foil: 84 Blue Foil: 51, 64 Puzzle: 8 total SKETCH: Obi-wan by Robert Teranishi

Box 6:
Topper: 136 Red Foil: 60 Blue Foil: 13, 113 Puzzle: 8 total SKETCH: Sand Person by Fabbri

Now ... I actually thought I would be done with the case. I figure I got everything major and all would be left were autos. Trade/sell the boxes, but I thought ... A Hot Case deserves finishing!

Box 7:
Topper: 135 Red Foil: 60 Blue Foil: 61, 72 Puzzle: 8 total SKETCH: r2-D2 by Craig Rousseau 1:4,920 Big Grin He only did 106 sketches. Clap
then Gold Foil: #39 (15/30) 1:287

Box 8:
Topper: 150 Red Foil: 42 Blue Foil: 39. 54 Puzzle: 8 total Auto: David Prowse as Darth Vader 1:4,920 Dance Elephant Eek

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS CASE!!!

(3) Gold Cards !!! (2) Sean Pences !!! (1) Rousseau !! (1) Vader Auto !! Drool and my Leia Auto !! Luv You

No B.S. .... for all the bad cases I've read ... there had to be a Great one.

Enjoy!!!

Posts: 419 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: October 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
That's a great case raywoo888 !

You have every reason to be absolutely ecstatic.

Congratulations!!! Thumb Up

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome case Raywoo888 Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
That is awesome!! If my case is like that I will be doing cartwheels. Smile

Awesome Raywoo888, awesome!!

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
Thumb Upas stevs j says"if are cases are like those of Raywoo88,we will all doing cartwheels and backflips,i cant wait to get mine now,after seeing some great pack pulls

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post