Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve-

FYI- Offers to buy and sell cards are only allowed in Card Talk's advertisers section.

If you have any questions please check out Card Talk's Faq
or contact any of the moderators.

Thank you,

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bounceyhi there im new here just what to know where can i buy some those cards as in the starwars cards im a collector of s.w since 76 im lucky . but not that lucky.uncle-so called uncle work's with lucas and appear in a few film's like the first time we heard of him george harris the first indy film -then flash gorden -then black hank down u think he would tell g.lucas about me richard harris man called horse lol that how i got my name ill make it one just from my starwars collection lol

Posts: 3 | Location: somewhere the galaxy | Registered: November 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Shake Headsorry about that.for got a few word's im not good in put thing in order. but it's in my head .im like han solo lol fast car slow woman and save your money lol=fastship leia my girl-save your money from the rebel or jabba-i just love starwars since my first pcs only a yellow card 1of 5 card's set han solo under falcon first pcs found on the ground that started all.......and now look richie ranch

Posts: 3 | Location: somewhere the galaxy | Registered: November 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thumb Upok last one for to-nite how many of us has a life size r2 and falcon lol not many im a sexy all round nerd looking for a new princess lol just got a few month's a go the sign by mace windu card only ten ever sign ..my jedi name at show in bklyn-manhattan im (i blow wind) lol it like the name backward get it it's a joke-lando is really called lando-cow-cal t-shirt say's got milk !!well may the force be with u -every one! until the next time

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
hi Richard. I'm not sure what you're asking about, but here's some information that I hope answers your questions. Topps releases 2 or 3 Star Wars sets each year. If you want to open boxes, Star Wars 30th is very hard to find. However, Galaxy 5 is still available and the animated style Bounty Hunters is new and available. Galaxy 6 is going to be released in February. Try some of the dealers in the dealers forum on this site.

If you want to buy individual sketches, as well as the dealers you can try auction sites like eBay.

Also, if you have something to trade, put your trade list in the trading section of this site.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richard harris:
Thumb Upok last one for to-nite how many of us has a life size r2 and falcon lol not many im a sexy all round nerd looking for a new princess lol just got a few month's a go the sign by mace windu card only ten ever sign ..my jedi name at show in bklyn-manhattan im (i blow wind) lol it like the name backward get it it's a joke-lando is really called lando-cow-cal t-shirt say's got milk !!well may the force be with u -every one! until the next time

Actually I've got a full size Falcon currently undergoing some maintenance work at Mos Eisley and R2 is washing the mace windows, good luck with whatever you're looking for...... cards, woman, whatever.....Han Solo Big Grin

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Just opened 4 boxes that I bought from ebay.
Results:

4 red foiled cards
8 blue foiled cards
31 triptych puzzle cards
and the highlights:

2 sketch cards and 2 autos

Very good looking cards overall.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Nice to see a new break of these old favorites!
What were your box toppers?

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Nice to see a new break of these old favorites!
What were your box toppers?

Hello!
The box toppers were:
76 Artoo-Deetoo on the rebel starship
104 Luke´s uncle and aunt
105 Imperial soldiers burn through the starship
146 Luke Skywalker´s aunt preparing dinner

Yes this series looks just awesome, really good quality on the cards.I like the sketches too. It´s going to be hard to complete a master set. I´m going to try and complete most of the autographs, the ford auto is the one that I´ll never get but the rest will be possible. The blue and red foiled are possible too, but I think I´ll forget the gold foiled cards.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Opened 3 hobby boxes and I got:

-6 blue foiled cards
-3 red foiled cards
-24 triptych puzzle cards
-3 nice boxtoppers

and the highlights:

one Robert Teranishi sketch card
one John Watkins-Chow full color sketch card
one R2D2 Kenny Baker auto

WOW fantastic sketch cards, I´m really happy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Salama,

Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Opened one more box and the highlights:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Salama,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Wow! Congrats on the Daniels.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Thanks man. Yes I think I got pretty lucky he did only 75, the odds were 1:6561. Bouncey

Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
I opened 2 boxes for the start of my summer vacation, and I got:

fantastic sketch by Allison Sohn

gold foil

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Millhouse here I got 1 box of this product today from a good friend and pulled this very nice sketch card of Luke Skywalker by Gabe Hernandez

From a very happy Millhouse Elephant Elephant Elephant

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bet there's not many of these left sealed up??I have not seen one of these in years.

A friend of mine did show me an opened case with all the boxes inside with all packs opened..he bought it when it 1st come out and got nothing of note.5 poor sketches and 3 autos.so he just put the 8 'pulls' in penny sleeves put them back in the boxes and threw them in his junk cupboard.. Frown

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
This set is popular with collectors. He should gather the autos and sketches from the cupboard, put them in better holders and sell them as a lot. Pretty much any lot of 8 hits from this set, no matter how common the autographs or poor the sketches, should by now net at least $100, and if he has one of the artists who drew fewer cards, it could well exceed that, even if the drawing is simple.

I think these cases cost in the mid $400's, so that's something back at least. And what about his 8 box toppers, the Topps-repurchased 1977 Star Wars cards stamped with the Star Wars 30th logo and one one per box, atop the packs in every sealed box? Does he still have those? Single cards considered harder to find have sold for well in excess of $50 each.

I bought a case as well, but with the boxtoppers was only interested in the 1st (blue) series or 2nd (red) series stamped cards, so I sold off the rest for a huge profit. It turns out the ones from the later series 3-5 (Yellow, Green, and Orange) were considered in shorter supply and I had 4-5 of those in my case. If he's got a handful of those colors, he's got his money back and then some, most likely.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simpsonscardman:
Bet there's not many of these left sealed up??I have not seen one of these in years.

A friend of mine did show me an opened case with all the boxes inside with all packs opened..he bought it when it 1st come out and got nothing of note.5 poor sketches and 3 autos.so he just put the 8 'pulls' in penny sleeves put them back in the boxes and threw them in his junk cupboard.. Frown

Does he still have them? If he has and doesn´t like them tell him I can buy them.

Millhouse, thats a nice looking sketch, congrats.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salama:
quote:
Originally posted by simpsonscardman:

Does he still have them? If he has and doesn´t like them tell him I can buy them.

Millhouse, thats a nice looking sketch, congrats.

I'm going round tonight so ill have a look to see what's there in more detail but it sure didn't look like much when I last looked at this stuff??

From what I remember the sketches were brown looking with not much detail and no top stars from the cast of Star Wars?so I'm not expecting alot!

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a look thru and sorted everything out.here's the results!

Sketch 1.Fabbri
Sketch 2.Vecchia
Sketch 3.Waterhouse
Sketch 4.Noto
Sketch.5.J.F.

All sketches are just black drawings on brown card card and are nothing to write home about.

Autos.George Roubichek.Norman Reynolds.John Williams
1 Gold embossed card ltd to 30.card no 8.

8 Box toppers in wrapping.3 of them being yellow.