Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ocdlotr:
quote:
Originally posted by JR:
...still had good luck with the sketches as I get my 2nd Bellinger (another incredible work of art) Clap, a really neat color cel by Graham and nice Gould. I know what scene my Bellinger is but I think Len has titles for each one.

Hey JR...great pulls as I love all three cards from your case...

First, i had to post a scan of my own for the sketch card of mine you pulled...

...although that thick plastic case is great for mainting the Near Mint/Mint grading status of cards, it surely is a nightmare to scan with...or even take a digital picture of...so, I hope you don't mind my posting what the card really likes like in person...

...I'm really happy you pulled it and hope it will either find a good home in your collection or get you some $$$ for your inve$tment...

...you also wrote that this was your second pull of one of my sketch cards...I went back looking on this thread but couldn't find that post...maybe I carelessly overlooked it...if you don't mind my asking, what was the other sketch card...I'd love to know as I like to track where these sketch cards have been pulled or shipped, and then, where they'll eventually be headed...

...thanks again for everyone's kind words...with the prices of cases rising to well over $700, I think I'll be waiting quite a while before I crack open another case myself...but there's still some BIG and BEAUTIFUL sketch cards and autos still out there waiting... Eek Confused

Sorry about taking the scan of the sketch in a protective holder. I just didn't want to damage the sketch in any way because they are incredible. I would love to get more of your work! And I am happy to say that they both have found a very happy home in my collection. I just couldn't part with these.

As for the other sketch, it was your Grey Vader as you called it (see scan below and sorry again for the holder!). Did you have a name for this other sketch? I know the scene but just didn't know what to call it. Thanks again for your great work!

Posts: 10 | Location: United States | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Smokin'

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Just when I thought Topps quality control could not get more weird...

Got my MadK.M.A.FORM LetterMad back from Topps this week. And YES, I included every concern I've posted here on Cardtalk in my letter. Surprise...a Kenny Baker autograph...and a sealed pack of SW Evolution Update to boot. Kenny had a little trouble signing within the lines, but still a nice autograph.
Then last night, while finishing off a box I pulled a second sketch card from the same box, and it's the same sketch...Chewbacca roaring by Dave Dorman.

Confused Razz

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
First of all, nice sketches JR and welcome to CardTalk. Thumb Up

xtime, am I write in thinking you got 2 identical sketches in the same box? Are they absolutely identical?

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
U R Car-wrect.
The same sketch, but I wouldn't say they are absolutely identical. Laying the two side-by-side I do notice some very minor distinctions, but it is virtually the same sketch from one box. Anybody else have a similar experience?

Cool

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
That's funny.

Most of the time the collation isn't that good but now you have 2 sketches in one box. You're very lucky.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Well, I got my replacement package in today from Topps. I received a Garrick Hagon as Darklighter auto Frown I asked for a ramdon sketch card in the letter I sent, but I guess I should just be happy to receive anything at all.

Does Topps just send a card at ramdon or out of a stack of replacements?

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Strange, I don't feel lucky. Actually, I feel more like that dude in the classic Dirty Harry movie...you remember...Do you feel lucky punk? Well, do you? Eek

That's a bummer DVFan. Hope that wasn't a dupe autograph for you. Shake Head

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Did get two auto's in the same pack the other day. These were from loose pack but got a Kenny Baker and a Richard LeParmentier in the same pack (not that I'm complaining mind).

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Cool!! Cool A few people have gotten 2 autos in one pack. Thumb Up

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Out of my 18 cases I had these "off" boxes:

- 3 Boxes had two sketches
- 3 Boxes had 2 autos both in the same pack
- 4 Boxes had three autos, 2 in 1 pack, and 1 in another

I think Topps is sending out more autos than sketches as replacements. In my case that had 5 dud boxes, the three that did have something had autographs, so I expect 3 sketches and two autographs from Topps, this would keep with their 5/3 (approx) breakdown they state on the package. I think though, with single dud box complaints there are going to be a lot of autographs going out instead of sketches.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Strange, I don't feel lucky. Actually, I feel more like that dude in the classic Dirty Harry movie...you remember...Do you feel lucky punk? Well, do you? Eek

That's a bummer DVFan. Hope that wasn't a dupe autograph for you. Shake Head
Thanks man Thumb Up

I didn't have the auto, so that was a plus.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I picked up a few blister packs this evening at Wal Mart,

Pack 1
All base
B2 (Leia)

Pack 2
Trypitch Piece 3 (Escaping Fate)
B2 (Leia) Twak

Pack 3
Red Foil 104
B3 (Han Solo)

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Here's the results of my latest case break.

I was lucky enough to pull 2 gold foil parallels.
The "Anakin Comes home" card #57 is 05/30.
The "Threat of Wampa" card #40 is 30/30.

Enjoy - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Opened my box today.

One base set.

Box topper #62

8 puzzle cards

2 blue parallel cards

0 red or gold parallels

one sketch card.

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
well done silverback

love the wilkinson han solo sketch

millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Just when I thought Topps quality control could not get more weird...

Got my MadK.M.A.FORM LetterMad back from Topps this week. And YES, I included every concern I've posted here on Cardtalk in my letter. Surprise...a Kenny Baker autograph...and a sealed pack of SW Evolution Update to boot. Kenny had a little trouble signing within the lines, but still a nice autograph.
Then last night, while finishing off a box I pulled a second sketch card from the same box, and it's the same sketch...Chewbacca roaring by Dave Dorman.

Confused Razz

I feel your pain. Mad

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
That stormtrooper sketch is rather nice slackjawedyokel. Thumb Up Congratulations on your gold foil parallels.

Nice Han sketch silverback. Cool

Some good results there!

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Congrats Silverback! Big Grin

Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
Two boxes opened:

Box 1:
Boxtopper
8 tryptich puzzle pieces
2 blue foils
1 red foil
1 Sketch - Katie Cook

Box 2:
Boxtopper
8 tryptich puzzle pieces
2 blue foils
1 red foil
Auto: Rusty Goffe as Kabe/Jawa

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post