Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Drool

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
They really are awesome.They have great detail.

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clearblue:
I picked up two more boxes a few weeks ago. I finally got around to scanning the sketch cards that I pulled. They were both awesome.

That Katie Cook sketch is awesome! I love her work. Congrats on the pull Thumb Up

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After 5 hobby boxes, I got:

#1:
Joe Viskocil auto
Davide Fabbri Greedo color sketch

#2:
Richard LeParmentier auto
Matt Busch R2-D2 color sketch (gorgeous!)

#3:
Allison Sohn b&w Obi Wan with his hood up sketch

#4:
John Mollo auto

#5:
Jeff Chandler Han Solo sketch (b&w with blue highlighting, very very nifty)

I got a gold out of one of my retail Bonus Boxes, which was cool. Can't say how many blues or reds I pulled, since I've been trading like crazy. I like the set overall, and with 2 more hobby boxes on their way, I think I'm going to stop. Lots of fun, way too much money.

Posts: 56 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk. Wave
Hope you find it helpful,and fun!

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! So far, it's been really great! Clap

Here's my "I swear these are my last 3 boxes" pulls:

#1: Grant Gould Boba Fett side shot (2 similars on ebay, wish they were really one of a kind!)

#2: Paul Blake as Greedo auto

#3: Len Bellinger Random Cantina Alien sketch (absolutely stunning colors, very pleased)

I swear I'll stop....

JF

Posts: 56 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Great pulls JediFarfy, and welcome to Card Talk. Wavey

Any chance of some scans ?

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, sure! I don't have a graphic program at the moment, so to save space I'll just post links.

Greedo by Fabbri
R2-D2 by Busch
Obi-Wan by Sohn
Han in Stormtrooper armor by Chandler
Boba Fett by Gould
Cantina Alien by Bellinger

JF

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice Bellinger Smile Smile Smile
Must have been quite awesome pulling that Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got a case and 3 boxes from the comic fair london today here's what i got

Autograph's

1) Jon Berg

2) Norman Reynolds

3) Garrick Hagon

4) Paul Blake

5) Gary Kurtz

6) Maria DeAragon

Sketch Cards

1) Ryan Waterhouse Chewbacca

2) Robert Teranishi Obi Wan Kenobi

3) Fabbri Luke Skywalker X-wing Pilot

4) Otis Frampton Jawa

5) Sean Pence Han Solo Elephant Elephant Elephant Clap

Well Chuffed

Matthew Bowdery(millhouse)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MILLHOUSE,

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
wat to go Millhouse! Sean Pence-sweet. Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Got 1 box on Sunday and finally (after a 1.5 cases) got a Gold parallel card 108 (5/30).

Box Topper : red 89 - The imprisoned Princess Leia.
1 red and 2 blue parallels.

Sketch - Darth Vader by Grant Gould.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Bought another box, bringing the total to 3 cases (the 1.5 cases total above is wrong).

Excellent Fabbri sketch

box topper - red 114
blue foil parallels 48, 61
red foil paraller 17

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I'm a Star Trek collector whos interested in dabbling in Star Wars cards. I've noticed that boxes are $100+ and cases $800+ for this set.

My question is ->

Will the "average" case contain $800 worth of cards? Or would you need a "Better the average" case to break even?

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
I'd say that you would need a better than average case to break even. I paid $500 for one a case and I'd be lucky if I got $200 worth of cards. You'll see that a lot of people have had the same story too.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
True true! To be honest, if you want to make a profit from a case, it would be very hard. At $800+ per case, you can consider yourself extremely lucky to even get back half your money even if the sketches pulled are great

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Ditto and one half!!!
Buyer BEWARE. Shake Head
Prices are way too high and the odds are poor.
Save your $800 for the next Star Trek release.
Better to trade for a base set, chase, autos, and sketches, then consider buying exactly what you want.
Good Hunting. Big Grin

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
If you want to dabble for the price of a case you can get a mini master, all of the autos except the big 5 and a several very good to great sketches.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
Wow. Thanks for your responses! Thumb Up

That's good to know.... and sad to hear.

I just like to gamble, open some boxes, see what I get. I don't expect to make money, and I'm happy if I don't lose any either. But I HATE to throw it away. Especially $800+.

I think I'll wait for the next round. Perhaps just buy a single box.... Unless someone can find me a case for $400! Wink

Thanks again for the info.

May the force live long and prosper.

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
haha. If anybody can find a case for $400, let ajdedo and I know, I'll buy some too.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post