Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
There are 9 different magnet cards, so far I have:
The Smuggler, Han Solo
Battle over the Death Star
The Droids in the Control Room
Luke prepares for battle
The Tusken Raider
The Fearsome Stormtroopers
Darth Vader and Gov. Tarkin confer

I am missing:
Jawas of Tatoinne
Princess Leia observes the battle

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dpadawan,

Posts: 29 | Location: Turlock CA USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
The 9th card is "Jawas of Tatooine". I's one of the 3 I've pulled.

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Are they all "Blue Border" Cards?

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, all 9 magnets are blue! How stupid of Topps was it to not number these things? Oh well, they are Very cool!

Posts: 29 | Location: Turlock CA USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Almath:
The cards weren't all from the same case. Only the Kayanan's. The Staggs, Pence etc were mixed up in the other two cases. Sorry my post was a bit ambiguous. I'd had a very long day and wasn't thinking/typing too clearly. However, I have still done remarkably well over three cases, and am extremely happy. I must admit I was a little apprehensive before opening the cases after what i'd read about the misfortune of some other board members. I've never been this fortunate with case breaks before.
On a side note I think the base set is superb one of the nicest in a long time. I cant decide whether to go after the blue parallel set. Shouldn't be too difficult to complete. I've just finished the Finest parallel set and that took at least three years.
As for sticker auto's. I think they look alright, though I would prefer straight onto card signatures.

Discussed these in person last night at a mini Card Talk meeting. Both went to the same Chinese meal in Nottingham. Just shows ! Smile

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cverdec:
RedFive-
How many different Magnet cards are there? Confused

Yes, as dpadawan mentioned above, there are 9 magnet cards. They are my favorite insert for the set (even though they need numbering!). I was able to get a couple of extras for the frig (out of the blister packs).

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Rich
posted Hide Post
Well, I fell for the hype and all of the great looking sketches posted here and elsewhere and purchased a couple boxes hoping for two sketches. If I hadn't have pre-ordered with my dealer before the real content became more clear, I would've passed on this product. I won't back out on a pre-order though.

Box 1:

Boxloader - 78 (red border)
Blue Foil - 15, 101
Red Foil - 25, 42
Trypitch - 8
Autograph - Kenny Baker as R2D2
Sketch - None Frown

Box 2:

Boxloader - 79 (red border)
Blue Foil - 42, 57
Red Foil - 81
Trypitch - 8
Autograph - Maria DeAragon as Greedo
Sketch - None Frown

I was able to put together one base set out of both boxes and am 13 cards short of making a second set. There seemed to be quite a few bent corner cards and mis-cut (off center) cards in my boxes. Over all I'm very unimpressed and won't be spending any more money on this release. The design of the commons is nice though. I'll be adding the box loaders and foils to my trade list.

I probably used up all of my luck by pulling an Emma Watson auto redemption card fron the HP OOTP release! Big Grin

Posts: 768 | Location: Kokomo, IN | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
3 Hobby Boxes and $170 later...

1 Fabbri Vader Sketch (looks like the pack)
1 Greedo Auto
1 John Dystrka

I guess I'm happy I got at least a sketch or insert in each box - but no gold inserts, and 2 minor autographs - made this not really worth the box purchases in my opnion.

Like the sketch - I collect Fabbri sketches when I can find them cheap - but overall, I don't think I'll be buying any more of this stuff...

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Another RETAIL mini-box

8 packs, 7 cards each C
Box design C+
Wrapper design C+
50 commons (no duplicates) A
Base design A-
0 Gold parallel NR
1 Red parallel #19 C 1:24
1 Blue parallel #84 C 1:12
2 Puzzle die-cuts D (Underworld 1/2) 1:3
2 Magnets B (No #, blue - The Droids in the Control Room & The Fearsome Stormtroopers) 1:8 Dance
1 Animation Cell B (#2 of 9) 1:6

Insert ratios B+ (6 of 8)
On Time Release F
Bang for your buck B
Fun Factor B

Overall B
Highs: base set design, insert ratios, animation cells, and magnets(Would be better if magnets were #d).
Lows: puzzle die-cuts, parallels(Have mercy on the completionist), and delayed release.

Wish Hobby was as reliable as Retail... Roll Eyes

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hello,
got today my two hobby boxes, finally...and i had a real great break i think

BOX 1:

Boxloader - 96(red border)
Blue Foil - 60, 71
Red Foil - 5 Han Solo...very nice card
Gold Foil - 87 (09/30) GREAT
Trypitch - 8
Autograph - none
Sketch - Cat Staggs

BOX 2:

Boxloader - 132(red border)
Blue Foil - 24, 109
Red Foil - 45 (Back From Beyond...very nice)
Trypitch - 8
Autograph - none
Sketch - Amy Pronovost

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DaLastDon,

Posts: 17 | Location: Germany | Registered: April 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
After I told him about Harrison Ford signing for this set (and the incredible odds against getting one) my friend Joe decided to buy a case of this. I helped him break down his boxes the other day and have some photos of what he got. Unfortunately I couldn't scan the cards as I've just got a new computer that runs Vista and now my scanner and printer no longer work. Sigh. Anyway, he got:

0 Gold Foil cards
4 Autograph cards (Dave Prowse, John Williams, Phil Tippett and an Imperial guy who's kinda hard but I don't remember his name)
4 sketch cards (I don't know who did any of them, so any help I can get in that area I'd appreciate).

Below should hopefully be photos:

And just the sketches:

Joe was very pleased, especially with the Prowse and Williams cards which made up for the horrible experience he had breaking up two cases of Heritage and not getting a single autograph. Personally, I think he made out like a bandit as that Luke sketch is brilliant (not that the others aren't (they are) but it's a main character) and the other autographs are good too (I like behind the scenes guys). Don't know how much any of the sketches are worth as I don't know who the artists are.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of seegriffin
posted Hide Post
got me 1 box on Saturday;

Shake Head Auto: Joe Viskocil (400; 1:1230 packs)

Would have loved a good lookin sketch Drool

Shake Head boxtopper #72
Shake Head red foil #7 - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Shake Head blue foil #46 - Jedi and Padawan (Episode I)

Posts: 279 | Location: UK | Registered: August 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post

Hey Bob...pretty good case...these are your sketch card artists...

Top left...Waterhouse
Top Right...Brian Ashmore
Bottom left...Dalla Vecchia
Bottom right...Cat Staggs

hope that helps a little...

...give it a shot yourself at...www.starwarssketchcards.com... Smile

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Well done DaLastDon on all your pulls! Thumb Up

TheUberBob, congrats to your friend for a nice case breakdown! Clap Those are some cool sketch cards especially the Cat Staggs' Luke.

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Boxloader - 95(red border)Sighting R2D2
Blue Foil - 30,45
Red Foil - 79
Gold Foil - None
Trypitch - 8. Escaping Fate (all 3), Imprisonment (all 3), Insurmountable odds (2 of 3)
Autograph - Richard Le Parmentier (Admiral Motti)
Sketch - None

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ocdlotr:

Hey Bob...pretty good case...these are your sketch card artists...

Top left...Waterhouse
Top Right...Brian Ashmore
Bottom left...Dalla Vecchia
Bottom right...Cat Staggs

hope that helps a little...

...give it a shot yourself at...www.starwarssketchcards.com... Smile

Thanks a lot for the help! I'd just found the sketchcards site in another thread and was checking it out but without the cards here I don't have the signatures to check against. Thanks again!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Oh, I forgot to mention that two of his box toppers were from the blue set. I seem to recall that those seemed to be rare. It was something like 2 blue, 1 yellow, 2 orange and 3 red. None from whatever the other set was. Green?

-Bob-

posted Hide Post
This product really is hit & miss. I got a case for a good deal from the LCS and got the following:

- 8 box toppers (3 duplicates)
- 8 red foils
- 16 blue foils
- 1 gold foil
- 1 b&w sketch (Katie Cook)
- 7 autographs!!! (R2D2, Biggs, & 5 of those behind the scenes guys)

Overall, this is a really bad break. With the exception of the R2D2, everything else is going on the Bay. Hopefully, I can minimize the loss Roll Eyes

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Everyone .Here is my 3rd case break .I'M VERY PLEASED!!!
Box 1 :Box Topper = 169 yellow
Blues = 83 , 74
Reds = 47
Gold Parallel = 0
Autograph = 0
Sketch = Wuher/David Fabbri
BOX 2 :Box Topper = 98 Red
Blues = 114,68
Reds = 0 Mad
Gold Parallel = 0
Autograph = Garrick Hagon/Biggs Darklighter
Sketch = 0
BOX 3 :Box Topper = 282 Orange
Blues = 88,79
Reds = 75
Gold Parallel = 0
Autograph = 0
Sketch = BOBA FETT / DAVID FABBRI Thumb Up(I know he is an easy artist to pull but this a reaaly nice dteailed Boba Sketch)

BOX 4 :Box Topper = 50 Blue
Blues = 12,29
Reds = 64
Autograph = PETER MAYHEW/CHEWBACCA Bouncey ( Chewy is my favorite character and this 1 I will not be putting on the bay) Dance

BOX 5 :Box Topper = 110 Red
Blues = 54,67
Reds = 36
Golds = 0
Autograph = 0
Sketch = Greedo/Ryan Waterhouse

BOX 6 :Box Topper = 64 Blue for the next 3 boxes Twak
Blues = 4,23
Reds = 96
Golds = 0
Autograph = Paul Blake/Greedo
Sketch = 0
BOX 7 :Blues = 116,13
Reds = 113
Golds = 0
Autograph = 0
Sketch = OBI - WAN KENOBI/CHRIS EPILOUPOUS Metal(A really tough pull 1/4,920 packs artist only 100 total and of an iconic character)

BOX 8 : Blues = 45,30
Reds = 99
Golds = 0
Autograph = Admiral Motti/Richard Lapettimer
Sketch

SO A REALLY FUN CASE BREAK AND GOOD MIX OF AUTOS AND SKETCHES .I FEEL WITH THE FABBRI AND EPILOUPOUS SKETCHES PARALLELS I CAN RECOUP MOST OF THE CASE COST,BEACUSE I'M NOT GETTING RID OF THAT CHEWIE Big Grin GGGGGRRRRRR!!!
I'LL POST PICTURE IF SOMEONE WILL GIVE A TIP AS TO HOW TO POST THEM. "ANY HELP HERE WOULD BE HOT" I GETTING ANOTHER CASE TOMORROW AFTERNOON AND I WILL POST MY BREAK ASAP.GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND TAKE CARE.

Posts: 15 | Location: Home | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TheUberBob:

Great Case! It's the perfect split 4 autos & 4 sketches. (2) Great Autos & (2) Great Sketches. You did quite well!!! Thumb Up

Gerchew:

Welcome! Very nice case! Definitely on the +++ side! Cool

Posts: 419 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: October 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post