Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted
Well, it seems some people are getting the product. Heres the first box breakdown posted on another site.

Box Topper "A day of Rejoicing"

Red Parallel (1:24)"the Dark Side Unleashed"

Blue Parallel (1:12) "Aquatic Adventure"

Autographs (1:43 packs) 0

Sketchs (1:50 packs) Gabe Hernandez (1:9841)

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow!!!!!
Looks good Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Clap Metal

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I take it as 24 Packs per box????

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
I take it as 24 Packs per box????

KADRAN00157

Yep, 24 packs per box indeed! Smile

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
nice cards,maybe they are on the way to the UK (hope so!) Smile

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Hello raider5gt Wave

Welcome to card talk!!

But more importantly how are those dreadful floods. I hope you are not affected too much!!

All the best
Steve J

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a box to break!!!

Posts: 419 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: October 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
Opened my 1st box.
The cards are really, really nice. The layout is great. The images featured are super. There's special cards that have deleated scenes from the movies, ROTJ, for example, that have never been seen before! Also included are cards That feature the SW Holiday special.
Anyway, I got 8 puzzle cards.
2 blue foil cards
1 red foil card
The box topper is from the SW yellow (series3) set
and a John Williams auto card!! Dance
Thats the auto I really wanted for myself.

My 2nd box should get people grumbling. I know I did. 1 red foil
2 blue foils
5 puzzle card
NO auto or sketch!
It also looks like this release will give meaning to the trading thread again, as it dosent apear that I have a full set of 120 cards from 2 boxes combined!

Talked to a friend who broke 3 boxes from his case, he got the 2 & 1 blue/red foils per, a couple autos, Dykstra & the Adml who gets choked by Vader (forget the actors name). And a sketch by Christian Del Veccia (I think that was his name)
In 1 pack, he did get 3 puzzle pieces. Like they stuck together or something.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ghostrider666,

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the John Williams!

Not so much on the other box. Roll Eyes
These seem to be running very hot or very cold. There is one seller on the bay with 2 Bellingers and a Kayanan and another has a Cat, a Len, a SP and 2 Brooks (of only 50).

I really hope to be on the upside of that ugly curve.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Congrats on the John Williams!

Not so much on the other box. Roll Eyes
These seem to be running very hot or very cold. There is one seller on the bay with 2 Bellingers and a Kayanan and another has a Cat, a Len, a SP and 2 Brooks (of only 50).

I really hope to be on the upside of that ugly curve.

Should be a ton of sketches in peoples cases. There are some breakdowns of cases on another forum and 1 person who opened 50 (yes, FIFTY) cases only got sketch cards in FIVE cases, the rest were autographs only. Eek As stated before there should be just under 4 sketches and 4.5 autos per case so something is very out of whack. I'm seriously getting nervous about my case now.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Imagine this guy opening his case and every box got 1 auto and 1 sketch! Roll Eyes

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Imagine this guy opening his case and every box got 1 auto and 1 sketch!

From Topps... you can dream on ;-)

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
More like a fantasy! Big Grin

My gosh! That guy that bought the 50 cases-he'll be in debt until the year 2020.LOL! Big Grin
Some people just take things too far-just because you buy a lot of something doesn't mean you're gonna get the mother load. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
While that is true, with the assumption that one should get half autos and half sketches, one SHOULD be able to do pretty well if they were in early. If the guy with the 50 cases is getting that many autos, he would need to hit multiple autos of the biggies (Fisher, Daniels, Prowse and Mayhew), or a Ford just to dream about breaking even.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddickfan:

My gosh! That guy that bought the 50 cases-he'll be in debt until the year 2020.LOL! Big Grin
Some people just take things too far-just because you buy a lot of something doesn't mean you're gonna get the mother load. Roll Eyes

its only in the range of about 22K

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hi millhouse had a look on ebay today and found someone selling the princess leia auto for the princley sum of $3000

from millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Master:
quote:
Originally posted by riddickfan:

its only in the range of about 22K

Whatever the amount, I bet they're kicking themselves now.

Half of me wants to say: "I told you so - this is Topps you're dealing with" but then again nobody deserves to get screwed so royally.

But then again, it is Topps. All the the neon-bright warning signs were there... Shake Head

Shame on you Topps. Twak I hope other collectors/dealers fare much better. Thumb Up

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
You're right for that kind of money he deserved to receive a lot more than he did.Like you said also...Bad Topps Twak

As for the 22K-ouch! It would take me a little while to pay it off..... Eek

posted Hide Post
Just curious, where is this other forum with info on a 50 case break?

It's sort of tough to believe there were only sketches in 5 cases. If true..OUCH!!! Twak No matter what your source, I would have spread out the cases from different dealers just to minimize the risk of bad runs.

Anyone would agree $22k-ish is a lot to spend, and even multiple pulls of the biggies can hardly make a dent on that bill.

The scary part is, a monster 50 case order only had about a 1:6 chance of getting a Ford. Red Face

Posts: 419 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: October 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post