Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    President Obama (Topps-2009)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

President Obama (Topps-2009)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Note that the cards and packaging all say "2008", but the cards were released in 2009. It's a nicely produced set, which goes to show that the "news" sets benefit by having a little bit of a lead time before release.

One box for starters. Boxes are 24 packs of 6 cards + 1 sticker. Expect 1.51 base sets of 90 if collation were perfect. 8 boxes per case.

Base cards (90): 1 complete set, 46 doubles, no threes
Parallel foil-stamped base cards (1:3 packs): 8 14 44 46 53 71 85 90
Stickers (18): 1 complete set, no doubles
Parallel Foil Stickers (18, 1:4 packs): 10 11 12 13 14 15
High School Basketball Card (1, 1:192 packs): none
Presidential Pup Redemption Card (1, 1:384 packs): none
Box-topper Poster: one

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The base sets are going for high prices

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I hit the jackpot today. Went into Wal Mart and bought a single pack and put it is a birthday card for my father as a joke (being that he is a republican) he opened it at work and called me laughing at the Obama Basketball card.

Couldn't believe it. He hit a 1:196 insert from a single pack!

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I opened one box and was pretty happy with how it broke down. I think it's a nice looking set.

Breakdown
Base Set: 1
Parallel foil-stamped base cards: 8
Regular Stickers 1 complete set of 18
Parallel Foil Stickers: 6
Presidential Pup Redemption Card (1, 1:384 packs): 1
Box-topper Poster: 1

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
What do you get for the Presidential Pup Redemption Card? It's not a real puppy is it. Big Grin

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
What do you get for the Presidential Pup Redemption Card? It's not a real puppy is it. Big Grin

If the Obama's ever get around to picking a dog you get a card with the dog on it. The redemption doesn't expire until 2010 or 2011 (don't have my glasses on to read the fine print at the moment) so Topps is allowing plenty of time for a new "first dog" to arrive in the White House.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
No, just a dog of a card Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my Obama breakdown:

Base Set: 1
Parallel foil-stamped base cards: 8
Regular Stickers 1 complete set of 18
Parallel Foil Stickers: 6
Box-topper Poster: 1

So, nothing fancy but a great looking set if you ask me.

Posts: 145 | Location: Blerick, Holland | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post