Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Ink Vault 2010 (Razor)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ink Vault 2010 (Razor)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Picked up a box today to give it a try. Here's what I got:

Dark Rising - Gary Entin as Paul Stanton Auto
Smallville - Sarah Carter as Alicia Baker Auto
Xena Warrior Princess - Paris Jefferson (Athena)
Firefly - Gina Torres as Zoe Washburne Auto

Sealed box of Spike Complete Story - 1 hit in the box but it was the James Marsters Auto

All items open for trades....I collect Spiderman and 24 sets only for now.

Posts: 21 | Location: NY | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Congrats on the Emilie De Raven, I didn't see any of those in the previous Vault release, but it may have been in there. The Stan Winston is nice, as are the Xena autos and the Barry Morse. Thumb Up

Almost all of the rest are of course duplicates from what was in last year's Ink Vault. So I'm still wondering what happened to all the Spirit autograph cards? Maybe they'll be put in that Razor Ink Vault VAULT 2011 you want to see. Big Grin

Thanks! I love the signature on the Morse, quite ornate.

As for Spirt autographs, there's actually a very good chance many of those were redeemed in the waning days of Inkworks, and certainly at a higher percentage than had redemption cards from previous Inkworks underperformers. The reason for this is that once Inkworks announced they were ceasing operations and the Spirit cases were being liquidated, one thing that helped them sell through was the fact that Inkworks said they would honor the redemptions through the expiration date, which was several months later. In that interim, I purchased 3 or 4 cases for what only a month or two before had been pretty much the price of one, maybe one and a half cases, and true to their word, Inkworks did redeem every one, one batch about 2 days before the expiration dates on the cards.

I know of several other collectors who did the same, and based on the great many sketch cards that have appeared on Ebay over this past year, its clear many of the boxes were opened, while the cards were still redeeemable. In addition to seemigly few if any Spirit autographs in the 2010 Vaults, there also seems to be very few Spirit unopened boxes either.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:
Congrats on the Emilie De Raven, I didn't see any of those in the previous Vault release, but it may have been in there. The Stan Winston is nice, as are the Xena autos and the Barry Morse. Thumb Up

Almost all of the rest are of course duplicates from what was in last year's Ink Vault. So I'm still wondering what happened to all the Spirit autograph cards? Maybe they'll be put in that Razor Ink Vault VAULT 2011 you want to see. Big Grin

Thanks! I love the signature on the Morse, quite ornate.

As for Spirt autographs, there's actually a very good chance many of those were redeemed in the waning days of Inkworks, and certainly at a higher percentage than had redemption cards from previous Inkworks underperformers. The reason for this is that once Inkworks announced they were ceasing operations and the Spirit cases were being liquidated, one thing that helped them sell through was the fact that Inkworks said they would honor the redemptions through the expiration date, which was several months later. In that interim, I purchased 3 or 4 cases for what only a month or two before had been pretty much the price of one, maybe one and a half cases, and true to their word, Inkworks did redeem every one, one batch about 2 days before the expiration dates on the cards.

I know of several other collectors who did the same, and based on the great many sketch cards that have appeared on Ebay over this past year, its clear many of the boxes were opened, while the cards were still redeeemable. In addition to seemigly few if any Spirit autographs in the 2010 Vaults, there also seems to be very few Spirit unopened boxes either.

but the quanity of extras autos inkworks had in stock for autos that were not redemptions from other sets you would think even if the vast majority were redeemed they would still have a bunch

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally got to the shop - only 1 box left.

Smallville Season 5 box
First Wave - Rob LaBelle as Eddie Nambulous
Alias - Gina Torres as Anna Espinosa
The Scorpion King - Sherri Howard as Queen Isis
TV's Coolest Classics - Barbara Feldon "99"

Is the Smallville box worth opening?

Posts: 30 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan MacKeller:

Is any box worth opening? Only if you want to see what's inside. Wink

The two listed autographs that you might find are of James Marsters and Tom Wopat. There are nine others in the $20 - $30 range, but that's probably a generous estimate now.

If you have no interest in making the base set or in trying for the main autographs then you might want to leave it sealed. But unless you know someone who collects Smallville and wants to take it off your hands, I don't think you should expect to get too much by way of trade or cash on most of these Inkwork boxes when there is little demand.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:
but the quanity of extras autos inkworks had in stock for autos that were not redemptions from other sets you would think even if the vast majority were redeemed they would still have a bunch

Yeah, that's my way of thinking too. Plus I heard very little about that Jackson autograph showing up.

Could be that the Spirit cards were just never included with the Razor sale because the redemptions were still being honored. Razor doesn't seem to be saying anything, at least not here. If that's the case, who knows where the surplus may be. Confused

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Is any box worth opening? Only if you want to see what's inside. Wink

The two listed autographs that you might find are of James Marsters and Tom Wopat. There are nine others in the $20 - $30 range, but that's probably a generous estimate now.

If you have no interest in making the base set or in trying for the main autographs then you might want to leave it sealed. But unless you know someone who collects Smallville and wants to take it off your hands, I don't think you should expect to get too much by way of trade or cash on most of these Inkwork boxes when there is little demand.

Thanks. I looked up the set on the Inkworks site and saw some nice auto cards and pieceworks cards, but wasn't sure if I would open it or not. I collect enough stuff and don't necessarily want another show to collect. At least I would be able to find boxes relatively inexpensively.

Posts: 30 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
At least I would be able to find boxes relatively inexpensively.

Happy hunting, and welcome to Card Talk. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Cracked open my one box last night. Right before I opened it, I said, "I bet there's a box of Smallville in there." Lo & Behold, Smallville Season 6 box which yielded the following:

Auto: Greyston Holt as Tobias
Pieceworks: PW7 Aaron Ashmore as Jimmy Olsen

And the following four autographs

1. 4400 Jeffrey Combs Smile
2. Sopranos - Matt Servitto as Agent Dwight Harris
3. BSG Season 2 John Heard Smile
4. LOST - Emilie De Raven Big Grin (although I already had this one).

Happy with my box... Smile

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
Cracked open my one box last night. Right before I opened it, I said, "I bet there's a box of Smallville in there." Lo & Behold, Smallville Season 6 box which yielded the following:

Auto: Greyston Holt as Tobias
Pieceworks: PW7 Aaron Ashmore as Jimmy Olsen

And the following four autographs

1. 4400 Jeffrey Combs Smile
2. Sopranos - Matt Servitto as Agent Dwight Harris
3. BSG Season 2 John Heard Smile
4. LOST - Emilie De Raven Big Grin (although I already had this one).

So, I bet you'll have the Lost De Raven to trade at Philly... I opened a Razor box that had almost the exact inside box and 4 Autographs.. Except I had McClure for my Battlestar Autograph.

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I guess that means you won't be wanting the De Raven! Don't worry, I still have lotsa stuff to trade you won't be interested in Big Grin

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Opened 3 Vault boxes. The best autographs from the 12 were Emily De Raven and some girl from Serenity called Summer something?

Cheers, Pete.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ummm, that Summer Glau auto is a HUGE pull. Congrats. Eek

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Just curious what your other autos are Pete?

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Nothing of note Bernie, But here they are:

Mummy Returns Oded Fehr as Ardeth Bay
Aliens vs Predator Kurt Max Runte as Buddy
4400 Richard Kahan as Marco Pacella
Veronica Mars Christine Estabrook as Madame Sophie
Lost Andrea Gabriel as Nadia
Charmed Jenifer Rhodes as Penny
Sopranos Katherine Narducci as Charmaine Bucco
Lost Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert
Smallville Johnny Lewis as Gabriel Duncan
Smallville Nichole Hiltz as Simone

Cheers, Pete.

P.S Have 6 more boxes incoming.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: samauto,

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
2 boxes today.

Box 1
Autos:
The 4400 (Season 1?) A-2 Peter Coyote
Charmed Destiny A-4 Scott Jaeck
Lost In Space Michael Ansara (Rittenhouse)
Stargate SG-1 A12 Carmen Argenziano (Rittenhouse)

Sealed box: Lost Season Two, pulled auto A-18 Brett Cullen and Pieceworks PW-5 Hurley's Shirt.

Box 2
Autos:
Stargate Atlantis Alan Scarfe (Rittenhouse)
The 4400 A-2 Peter Coyote Roll Eyes
Wild Wild West A10 Sigrid Valdis (Rittenhouse)
The Sopranos A-PS Paul Shulze

Sealed box: Alias Season Four, Auto A39 Robin Sachs, Pieceworks PW10 Jack's Shirt

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Got 3 more boxes for a great price:

Box 1
Autos:
Scorpion King A4 (Grant Heslov)
Angel Season Five A39 (Jonathan Woodward)
Battlestar Galactica Colonial Warriors A18 (Sarah Rush)
Battlestar Galactica Season 2 John Heard

Sealed Box: Hellboy Animated Sword of Storms

Box 2
Autos:
The Dark is Rising A-WC (Wendy Crewson)
Xena Quotable A50 (William Gregory Lee)
Lost In Space Michael Ansara
Twilight Zone Series 4 A-73 (Sydney Pollack)

Sealed Box: Buffy MOS

Box 3
Autos:
Charmed Destiny A-4 (Scott Jaeck)
Veronica Mars Season 1 A-4 (Jason Dohring)
Dead Zone Seasons 1&2 Peter Wingfield
Farscape Season 3 A20 (Francesca Buller)

Sealed Box: Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello guys i am new to these forums and joined because i recentally purchased 2 boxes of 2010 ink archives,and i wasn't really happy with what i got,so wanetd to see if i could do some trading,also i ahve one season 2 box of lsot unopened if soemone wants to trade boxs or offer to buy it off of me,Also sorry if i'm being abrasive on my first psot by tpying this much but i read this whole thread and wanetd to address everything. Anyways i am also itnerested in purchasing peiceworks cards if anyone has any they don't want. Also i dont know about you guys but i ddint pull in RA i wish thoguh,also miss lizzy i noticed you collect smallville autos i ahve the one asian doctor lady from season 5 i think if you would be interested.,Anyways nice to emet everybody feel free to emssage me or reply on ehre i am interested in tarding cards and buying some,ALSO j/w is anyone familliar with the RA complete avenegrs boxes?

Posts: 1 | Location: ohio | Registered: October 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HopeTogetNiceRelics:
Hello guys i am new to these forums and joined because i recentally purchased 2 boxes of 2010 ink archives,and i wasn't really happy with what i got,so wanetd to see if i could do some trading,also i ahve one season 2 box of lsot unopened if soemone wants to trade boxs or offer to buy it off of me,Also sorry if i'm being abrasive on my first psot by tpying this much but i read this whole thread and wanetd to address everything. Anyways i am also itnerested in purchasing peiceworks cards if anyone has any they don't want. Also i dont know about you guys but i ddint pull in RA i wish thoguh,also miss lizzy i noticed you collect smallville autos i ahve the one asian doctor lady from season 5 i think if you would be interested.,Anyways nice to emet everybody feel free to emssage me or reply on ehre i am interested in tarding cards and buying some,ALSO j/w is anyone familliar with the RA complete avenegrs boxes?

Hi and welcome to Cardtalk Wave .

There is actually a specific section for trading and I would advise posting your message there as it will get more attention and responses.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HopeTogetNiceRelics:
also miss lizzy i noticed you collect smallville autos i ahve the one asian doctor lady from season 5 i think if you would be interested.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, haven't been to this thread in a while.
I'm not in need of any more Smallville autos, all my sets are now complete Smile
Thanks for the offer, though.