Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Firefly: The Verse Trading Cards (Upper Deck, 2015)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firefly: The Verse Trading Cards (Upper Deck, 2015)
 Login/Join

Picture of Scorpiovamp
posted
I'm a bit disappointed, I bought one box and did not get a complete base set.

Kaylee sketch card by Jason Sobol
Niska autograph
Alliance cruiser sketch card

If I could figure out how to post pictures here, I'll post pictures

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 285 | Location: Chicago | Registered: February 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but it is 180 card base set. You were never going to complete it in one box.

The main thing is did you like the sketches? At least you got one of a main character.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scorpiovamp
posted Hide Post
The sketch was ok.

I think I would have preferred if the got rid of the parrallel cards. Then you could have a base set.

Posts: 285 | Location: Chicago | Registered: February 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I got a box today and got 3 autos and a patch

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
By now most of you have probably seen my NSU blog article on this set. I wound up beating the odds with 5 hits.
Well, my local shop also got a box of these and for the last few days I've been buying a few packs when I could. I think I bought 18 of the 20 packs. Once again, 5 hits.
I now have two autos Fredric Lehne and Edward Atterton, 2 patch cards, Wash and Mal, 2 artist autos, Tim Shay and Harold Edge, 2 sketches, Chris Henderson and Dan Gorman,and 2 Print plates.
Still need about 16 cards to complete a base set. Have a bunch of extras, so if any of you need some singles, let me know.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I was lucky enough to have been gifted 2 boxes. Here is the combined breakdown:

13 cards short of a full base set - 72 doubles
24 Green parallels
2 Artist auto parallels - Lisa redfern & Matthew Clark
8 Leather parallels
2 manufactured patches - F37 & F40
2 single autos - Doug Savant & Isabella Hofmann
1 dual auto - Melinda Clarke and Fredric Lehne
1 autographed card OA-KF Jewel Staite

Not too bad although I would have cut down on some of the parallels to give me a full base set. No sketches or printing plates Frown

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looking at the quality of some of the sketches I would say you were better off with the autos, especially as you got a dual and a crew member.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I bought one box of this. I pulled 3 autos and a patch and some parallels:

Patch card F-37, Wash's Dinosaurs
Auto Parallel #85, Kevin Sharpe
Melinda Clarke as Nandi autograph
Triple autograph card RWA - Franc Ross, Jonathan Woodward, Eddie Adams
3 leather parallels
13 green parallels

Overall, I like the set. It's a large base set, and I still need 58 cards to complete it. I only have 2 base card doubles out of the box.

I like the on-card autographs much better than the sticker autographs that Upper Deck usually does. That's a definite plus. I do wish that the single autograph cards featured a larger picture of the actor.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bought a case of this now it has come down in price ( $460 which I thought was good value ) .

Made seven base sets of 171 cards from the twelve boxes, 27 cards short of a green parallel set and 40 leather parallels numbered to 99.

12 patch cards.
15 artist autograph cards.
12 single actor autographs, 3 dual actor autographs and 1 triple actor autograph. Two best ones were :

One black printing plate 1 of 1 for card number 85

Six sketches :

Mek Lemieux ? and Elton Thomas.

Scott Zirkel and Joe Hogan.

George Vega and ??? ( any help Appreciated ).

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Love the autographs. Another set I have no chance whatsoever of doing.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
For a set that was based on artwork, I thought a good majority of the sketches were well below average. I liked the autographs too, but this product was a big dud. Even at the discount, you have to pull a Fillion auto to get the value back.

I did like the last sketch.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Twelve boxes to make seven base sets? That's horrible.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post