Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Arvin,

Congrats on the awsome case break. Getting Hurt and Allen along with Corroney and AP...I can only wish that my case has similar results.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
LOL I wish I had gotten just ONE of those from my three cases Razz

COngrats! Its nice to see that there are some really really great cards coming out of this product.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
I think it's fantastic that you have to buy a case (or three) to pull a good card from a Topps product these days. (Oh, wait... even three cases isn't enough it seems.)

What about the person who buys a single box? They don't deserve quality? I won't deny that Topps USED to put out a quality product. Not any more.

I'm just thankful they didn't put out a Dark Knight set. I would rather NOT have a set at all, then have Topps F-it up.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
I just broke my case and here is what I pulled:

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
I think the Karen Allen retail auto has a different picture than the hobby auto. Has anyone noticed this? Does this mean that all the retail autos are different??
I will try to post a pic.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
What about the person who buys a single box? They don't deserve quality? I won't deny that Topps USED to put out a quality product. Not any more.

That person who buys a single box has the exact same odds of pulling a beautiful Pence sketch, or a nice Corroney like Arvin, or any of the better autos from the set. Stop complaining, I purchased three cases and although I didn't do GOOD I am not going to complain about it. I still had fun opening up hundreds of packs of cards and putting sets together and hoping for a different parallel every time to go towards that set. Back in the day all we got were base and foil cards and the box prices were still the same. We're so damned spoiled these days with the premium inserts companies have come up with. Stop letting a sketch or auto ruin an entire set because 10 years ago, you had 0% chance of getting either from 99% of non sport products.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Well, I am now up to 24 stickers and have yet to see the 9th trap/treasure. For those keeping track, there are 2 border variations of each sticker...one solid brown and one brown and green. Furthermore, each sticker tells you what the card below it is.

So far I have:

6 Snake (Brown/Green Indy in the doorway)
5 Sankara Stones (Brown/Green Indy w/machette)
2 Crystal Skull (Brown/Green montage)
3 Rats (Brown Indy portrait)
3 Poison (Brown Indy w/machette)
5 Giant Fire Ants (Brown montage)
1 Holy Grail (Brown/Green Indy portrait)
1 The Idol (Brown Indy in the doorway)

If anyone comes up with the 9th card...please post it.

Either they forgot to make it or it's ultra rare. I have over 50 stickers (I opened sealed retail boxes) and only have 8 different stickers. There were only 4 images used for the stickers, with 2 different colored borders for each. My way of thinking is that leads to an even numbered of cards, not 9.
Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, Arvin! You got one of my nicest pack inserted cards. I don't know if some of you know this, but I sprained my wrist the weekend I got the cards, so I didn't embellish most of my cards like I normally do. There are a few awesome gems like the one Arvin pulled, some ink, and some pencil Smile

Posts: 138 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I almost skipped this product after reading about all the Waterhouse sketches....but the card addict in me decided that it was ok to gamble on 2 boxes:

- 2 base sets
- 2 parallels (64, 88)
- 7 foils: (2x2, 3x2, 4, 5, 7)
- 1 Indy sketch by Noah Albrecht
- 1 Indy sketch by ??????? Does anybody know who this artist is? The sketch is unsigned but has a "972" written on the bottom left corner.

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Booker,

That would be by Jason Keith Phillips.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks igman7. I guess he was just too tired to sign his name after the 972nd sketch lol Smile

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I pulled two of his sketches as well. Jason deserves an amazing amount of respect for the work he did on this set. He obviously has done over 1000 sketches and THAT is the quality and pride in your work that I wish other big number artists would have.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Here are the results of my second and final case:
BOX 1
Andrew Divoff Autograph Thumb Up
Waterhouse Dreg Shake Head
Parallel 74 79
Foils 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
That's right a box with 12 inserts.

BOX 2
David Koepp Autograph
Parallel 22
Foils 3 4 5 6

BOX 3
Nice sketch of Oxley by Euopulos
Parallel 68
Foils 5 6 7 8

BOX 4
Ray Winstone Autograph
Very Nice sketch of Indy's Hat JK?
Parallel 6
Foils 1 2 9 10

BOX 5
Grant Gould sketch of skull
Parallel 64 85
Foils 1 2 3 4 6 9 10
Another box with 10 inserts

BOX 6
Grant Gould sketch of Irina Clap
Parallel 71
Foils 1 2 3 4

BOX 7
Kevin Graham sketch
Parallel 72
Foils 1 2 9 10

BOX 8
My second John Hurt Autograph
Parallel 86
Foils 5 6 7 8

All in all a very nice case. Scored my buddy Mikial from LOST and I really love my Irina sketch by Gould.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MadCow:
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
Do the wrappers state who the autos are, or their odds? I wonder if there are any retail exclusive autos.

The ratio for Autos as stated on the wrapper are 1:200 which i'm sure is WAY more than hobby. Not a clue as to if the autos are any different than hobby, I doubt it would be...

The autos are not in retail packs, they are only in the special packs that Target has.
Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
I see that my pics didn't load, so here goes again. Any help identifying the sketches besides W & W would be great.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
Also the sketch on the bottom right came damaged. I contacted Topps, but haven't heard anything back yet. Will they replace it with a sketch from the same artist? I don't want a Waterhouse or Woodside.

posted Hide Post
HJ

Bottom left sketch is by Katie Cook and Bottom Middle is by Mark McHaley

Check-Out-My-Cards ID: BigI929Deals

Posts: 113 | Location: SW PA | Registered: January 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
The bottom middle is not Mark McHaley, it's Erik Maell.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, a very interesting case. It started off great, but ended very very badly. As long as Topps handles the situation, I will be an excellent case. I'll get around to posting scans of the sketches at some point.

Box 1: Dud

Box 2: Color Sketch 1/2 Panel (Spalko)

Box 3: Color Sketch of Mutt

Box 4: Sketch Marion

Box 5: Sketch Indy

Box 6: Sketch Panel of Something
Sketch of Indy

Box 7: Dud

Box 8: WATERHOUSE Warrior Sketch (worse than his usual warrior sketches)

So...... NO AUTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does this happen? I technically got "the hot box" but with 2 dud boxes, I only got 7 hits out of the case. While some sketches are stunning, no autos ???

I will be writing to Topps and I cna only prey they handle this well.

<Shakes head> I can't believe I got 0 autos in a case.....

Posts: 182 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post