Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
As my wife said "I don't know why you continue to buy this stuff from Topps - it's a bit of a con - so many people don't get close to value for money".

She may have a point.

She may well have a point - but don't let her know or you'll never hear the last of it Big Grin

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
As my wife said "I don't know why you continue to buy this stuff from Topps - it's a bit of a con - so many people don't get close to value for money".

She may have a point.

She may well have a point - but don't let her know or you'll never hear the last of it Big Grin

Another good point!

Big Grin

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
My box arrived this morning. But I'm baby-sitting my nephew so I won't be able to open it today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJJ,

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From my one box:

Also completed a base set.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nat
posted Hide Post
Got two boxes.

8 foils: 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 9, 10, 10

2 parallels: 72, 39

2 base sets (missing several for a third)

2 sketches: Woodside (*groan*) and a nice Rabbitte.

Oh, and the back of my Woodside was all scratched... the cards were probably falling from the pile onto the floor as he sketched them Confused

Posts: 169 | Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
First the good news I didn't pull a Waterhouse or Woodside. Big Grin
Here's what I did pull

Foils: 2,3,4,5
Parallel: Card 43 numbered 112/350
Auto: None
Sketch: Howard Shum

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gopher_narly
posted Hide Post
Opened 4 boxes so far. No waterhouse or woodside sketches and no dud boxes so i'm pleased so far. 2 boxes came from one case and 2 from a different case.

Box 1- Chris Henderson Sketch
Box 2- Andrew Divoff Auto
Box 3- Rich Molinelli Sketch
Box 4- Amy Pronovost Sketch, David Koepp Auto

Posts: 69 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
My arrived this morning. But I'm baby-sitting my nephew so I won't be able to open it today.

Got a damaged low level autograph card in my box which was returned to TOPPS AND REPLACED QUICKLY my problem is the note that came with it said this replacement was a one time courtsey. They mentioned you much send proff of purchase for future returns. How did they think I got this card? When I buy boxes from dealers at shows I DO NOT ASK THEM FOR RECIEPTS AND I DOUBT MANY DEALERS WOULD EVEN BRING RECIEPT BOOKS WITH THEM. Hope people don't have problems in the future.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
My arrived this morning. But I'm baby-sitting my nephew so I won't be able to open it today.

Got a damaged low level autograph card in my box which was returned to TOPPS AND REPLACED QUICKLY my problem is the note that came with it said this replacement was a one time courtsey. They mentioned you must send proff of purchase for future returns. How did they think I got this card? When I buy boxes from dealers at shows I DO NOT ASK THEM FOR RECIEPTS AND I DOUBT MANY DEALERS WOULD EVEN BRING RECIEPT BOOKS WITH THEM. Hope people don't have problems in the future.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Frank - What Topps means by "proof of purchase" is you need to include the bar code from the bottom of the box. What I have done in the past is tape the bar code to the letter I am sending into Topps for either a card replacement or a dud box issue. I have done this on a few occasions and I have not had any problems with Topps customer service. They have always been diligent and courteous with issues I have had with their product.

Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Frank - What Topps means by "proof of purchase" is you need to include the bar code from the bottom of the box. What I have done in the past is tape the bar code to the letter I am sending into Topps for either a card replacement or a dud box issue. I have done this on a few occasions and I have not had any problems with Topps customer service. They have always been diligent and courteous with issues I have had with their product.

Cheers - Peter
That's what i do as well. So far they've came through everytime for me when I have a dud box or damaged card.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well I finally got 1 box from e$ay and was not impressed

First of all why on earth use a slab of polystyrene to bulk out the box...better to make the box the right size or put more packs in

Next 1 card short of a base set

Next no foils

Next no parallels

Next no autographs

Next no sketch

In fact a truly dud box Shake Head

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:

First of all why on earth use a slab of polystyrene to bulk out the box...better to make the box the right size or put more packs in

Next no foils

Next no parallels

Next no autographs

Next no sketch

Wow! That's reall bad. Every box that I opened had at least one hit.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Got my two boxes last week....

Box one had four foils, one parallel and a Jim Broadbent autograph.

Box two was one of those "hot boxes" and had eight foils, two parallels, a Jim Kyle sketch and a Karen Allen autograph.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with it.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haljordanfan:
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:

Next no foils

Next no parallels

Next no autographs

Next no sketch

Wow! That's really bad. Every box that I opened had at least one hit.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
I received my 4 boxes today, and teared them open at work Smile (Graveshift, looking at a computer all night, so yes: I can open cards and get paid Big Grin )

Well, I dont have a scanner here so scans will come later, but I just had to brag about my findings!
Box 1: A nice sketch
Box 2: 2 nice sketches and 1 Koepp-auto Smile
Box 3: A nice sketch
Box 4: 2 sketches, one ok and the other a RW-skull!

So with two hot boxes these four boxes yielded 7 hits. 5 paralells and a lot of foils, but no number 8 or 9!
I was hoping for autos of Shia or Karen (and of course one of the biggies, but... U know), but with luck like this I am very happy with my boxes!

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
Here's my case break. I originally wasn't going to buy any after very disappointing LOTRM2 & Indy Heritage cases. I had a change of heart when my rebate check came in. As you can see from my break it was a mistake.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first eveer box! 1 Indy skull - very meh, all in all...

Foils: 1,2,3,4
Parallels: None
Sketches: None
Auto: Alan Dale Smile

Didn't even score a full base set. And I'd already jumped the gun and bought an Alan Dale auto off 'that site'. Smile Still, pretty damn fun opening them!

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hyperion:
I received my 4 boxes today, and teared them open at work Smile (Graveshift, looking at a computer all night, so yes: I can open cards and get paid Big Grin )

Well, I dont have a scanner here so scans will come later, but I just had to brag about my findings!
Box 1: A nice sketch
Box 2: 2 nice sketches and 1 Koepp-auto Smile
Box 3: A nice sketch
Box 4: 2 sketches, one ok and the other a RW-skull!

So with two hot boxes these four boxes yielded 7 hits. 5 paralells and a lot of foils, but no number 8 or 9!
I was hoping for autos of Shia or Karen (and of course one of the biggies, but... U know), but with luck like this I am very happy with my boxes!

What/who were the sketches?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
Hi Ted Smile

Here they are:

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post