Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I'm happy with my case, got the expected 9 hits, however I have not shown the Waterhouse or Woodside as we all have seen them, but the autos were fine and the Ocampo and Wolfe sketches are first rate, and the Shum, while simplistic, is still well done.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Got one box today-

One Base Set

Parallel #10- 267/350

Foils- 6, 8, 9

Sketch card of Indiana Jones by Jamie Snell.- It is a nice card- can't scan it in, but I have seen it posted online at the artist's website.

I had wanted to pull an auto, but the sketch is nice. Anyone have any idea how many Snell drew?

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
All in all a very nice case. Scored my buddy Mikial from LOST and I really love my Irina sketch by Gould.

I run hot and cold on Grant Gould's stuff, but that really is a very nice sketch.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
quote:
All in all a very nice case. Scored my buddy Mikial from LOST and I really love my Irina sketch by Gould.

I run hot and cold on Grant Gould's stuff, but that really is a very nice sketch.

-Bob-

If I'm not mistaken Grant said he wasn't going to do many sketch cards for this set and from what I've seen so far his cards do appear to be alot more detailed and colorful than his previous sets.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Cracked my case and was not displeased. Pulled the obligatory Waterhouse (not the skull one) and a common auto (san't remember who ...it is gone) and then these...

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
quote:

-Bob-

If I'm not mistaken Grant said he wasn't going to do many sketch cards for this set and from what I've seen so far his cards do appear to be alot more detailed and colorful than his previous sets.

Arvin,
You are correct in thiking that Grant was not scheduled to do many sketches for this set. The AD from Topps called and begged him to crank it up for another (much larger) batch. He actually posted a pre-emptive apology for the mutiple skull sketches on Scoundrel. From what he told me at the Spring Chicago show, he has no intentions for doing that many sketches again.

That being said, I would gladly take a Gould, Dalla Vecchia or Fabbri card from any set before anything by W and W. Those 3 gents are the masters of making multiple sketches with style.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bought a second (and third) box today- I just finished compiling the second box which sucked. Well my "high-end" card sucked- the set itself is nice.

I got-

One base set

Parallel #5- 13/350

Foils- 1, 2, 3, 10

Sketch card of whatever by Waterhouse- I think? It is that skull face thingie that no one wanted...

Thankfully my third box was better. Smile

Will post that one later.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
I received my one and only box of this product today. It was a hobby box and it yielded:

Base Set - 1
Foil Card - 4,5,6,7
Parallel Card - 52
Autograph Card- Ray Winstone
Sketch Card - None

Glad it was not a dud box but would of rather got a sketch then an auto.
The one thing I thought was weird is that the box only has " Indiana Jones" and nothing about Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Third Box-
After I got that bad skull head thing, I decided to try one more box, which was actually pretty decent.

One Base Set

Parallel #9- 249/350 and Parallel #10- 203/350

Foils- 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10

Definitely a sketch puzzle piece- my piece has a car crashing into something off-panel and is by John Ocampo

Karen Allen as Marion Ravenwood autograph!- (which was one of the ones I wanted)

The Allen would have been sweeter if I hadn't caved and bought one off eBay last night for a fairly decent price. It isn't a bad thing to have two Allens though. Smile

So, yeah- I got one of the hot boxes. Smile

Val

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
an absolute waste of my money. I bought 4 boxes and I received 1 Dud & 3 sketches. Of course, sketches wouldnt have been so bad it 1 had not been a woodside or 1 a waterhouse. The 3rd is currently unknown. I cant tell who the artist is since I dont know the list of artists. I will post a pic when I scan the card. Then I will ask for help identifying the artist.

Nevermind, I found out that it is a goodmanson sketch. Frown

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Got my two boxes yesterday. I'll just post the sketches I got.

Not sure who the artist is.

2 of 9 so this is a puzzel sketch. Artist is Uko by the looks of it.

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
The top sketch is the dreaded Waterhouse skull. Congrats on the Uko.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
That sketch by Waterhouse is not just a skull... obviously it's a CRYSTAL SKULL!

(Insert dramatic music here.)

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm not happy. Again. It WAS better than the Heritage set (I was short 26 cards there), but I do NOT have even a base set!!! I was short only one card this time at least (#38).

But hey! I got an orc!

Oh wait... wrong movie....

Now I'm afraid for the Clone Wars set. Frown

JF

Posts: 56 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi!

broke a case today and received 8 "hits" including autographs of Karen Allen, Ray Winstone, and Jim Broadbent and 5 sketches. Unfortunately one of the sketches was a piece of **** by Woodside or whatever his/her name is- I know Topps needs to hit their ratios even though judging from a lot of the box breaks on here they don't- but the Woodside and Waterhouse sketches are a complete travesty. Here's the scan of the sketches:

I can make out Randy Martinez, David Rabbitte, the Woodside of course and I believe one of the Indy's is by Erik Maell but the other Indy I can't make out the artist's name so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
That Randy Martinez caricature is awesome. Big Grin lol

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JediFarfy:
Well, I'm not happy. Again. It WAS better than the Heritage set (I was short 26 cards there), but I do NOT have even a base set!!! I was short only one card this time at least (#38).

But hey! I got an orc!

Oh wait... wrong movie....

Now I'm afraid for the Clone Wars set. Frown

JF

Hey, what are you talking about? It's obvious who that is...

Hannibal Lector. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Redemption,

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
LOL!!!

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:

Arvin,
You are correct in thiking that Grant was not scheduled to do many sketches for this set. The AD from Topps called and begged him to crank it up for another (much larger) batch. He actually posted a pre-emptive apology for the mutiple skull sketches on Scoundrel. From what he told me at the Spring Chicago show, he has no intentions for doing that many sketches again.

That being said, I would gladly take a Gould, Dalla Vecchia or Fabbri card from any set before anything by W and W. Those 3 gents are the masters of making multiple sketches with style.

Dude,

Got to whole-heartedly disagree with you on your last statement. I actually collected ALOT of Dalla Vecchia & Fabbri sketches from the various Star Wars & LOTRS releases and while I agree with you that they are the masters of high quantity AND high quality, the BIG G, is not in the same league.

Vecchia & Fabbri always have unique poses, good-reasonable amount of detail & a nice variety of subjects. I have probably 30 Orc Sketches from Vecchia and ALL of them are cool & different.

I don't want to seem harsh, but my desire for a Gould sketch rivals my desire for a Waterhouse collection of skulls and monkeys.

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rubadub001:
I don't want to seem harsh, but my desire for a Gould sketch rivals my desire for a Waterhouse collection of skulls and monkeys.

I think its a bit harsh to say that ANYONE's work is on par with waterhouse/woodside. Besides, I like Grant Gould's art.....its very simple but has great inks & color.

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post