Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I opened what will be my last case of any Topps product a couple of days ago.

I had one box with 1 sketch, 1 auto, 2 parallels and 8 of the 10 foils. Another box had 2 sketches (Waterhouse & Gould).

Even with getting 8 foils in 1 box, I only managed to 1 set of foils. I only got 1 of number 4.

9 parallels. 2 were even numbered 189/350. Lowest number was 051/350 and the highest 303/350.

Autos
Karen Allen as Marion Ravenwood Smile
Pasha Lychnikoff as (name not on card)
Igor Jijikine as Colonel Dovchenko

Sketches

Ryan Waterhouse, Clay McCormack, Uko Smith
Chris Eliopoulos, Grant Gould, Jason Keith Phillips
Brent Woodside.

I think this case was okay and a lot better then my 2nd Heritage case but I only got it because I'd already pre-ordered.
No more Topps for me.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blwilson
posted Hide Post
Opened one box after seeing the movie today.

Base sets x1
Foil cards x4 (1, 2, 9, 10)
Parallel card x1 #87(189 of 350)
Autographs x0
Sketch x1 Color Mutt by Howard Shum

Blair

wuher, Scott Rammel, Bond, mars53, Arvin Sloane, Larry C., silmapco, MrSpeed719, spidergoblin, mark64, steve j, barrowjack, indypat75, ra4dunb, Avalon, hammer, Gregor1968, Rich, Scifi Cards, Ryan Cracknell, UofLHoops, Cee_Jay, rachandcarl, brandocles, venom5liter, Warrior Babe, manolito, SciFi Mom, Ariana, Craig, beleay, kidtrek, eman, iki927, jane

Posts: 281 | Location: Surrey, BC, Canada | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LUZNDAVE:
Here's my case break. I originally wasn't going to buy any after very disappointing LOTRM2 & Indy Heritage cases. I had a change of heart when my rebate check came in. As you can see from my break it was a mistake.

Those are shocking Shake Head These are all that are bad in sketch cards - Bad luck on your pulls

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Opened a hobby box this evening,

Base set w/extras
Foil: 4,5,6,7
Parallel: #2 348/350 Thumb Up
Sketch: Skuul face w/ hiar sketch by Ryan Waterhouse Twak

The only saving grace was the Ford parallel.

I also have one more box coming, so I will post the results when it arrives.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Due to arrangement I made with my excellent dealer, my case turned up today with much excitement.

What I found inside almost brought a grown man to tears. You know , when you open a case you expect to be thrilled by the outcome. Mine was a disaster!!

I pulled two autos - both the same - Lychikoff
5 children sketches - 2 of which were skull thingees. Child sketches are those done by junior talents that are put on the Fridge for a limited time then placed in the trash in due course. As opposed to a Work of art that is a joy forever.

I also pulled a nice but average sketch from Martinez.

The day was only saved by a John Watkins Chow sketch.

In the words of the song 2 out of 3 ain't bad. 3 out of 8 is dreadful. If you are looking to buy just one box, look for a Rittenhouse Breygent or Inkworks product. Topps does not cater for a one off purchase.

I would scan the things for you all, but I don't want to see grown men cry.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
Greetings friends. I purchased 1 hobby box for my hubby. I was so happy that we got the Shia LaBeouf auto....We also got 4 foils and 1 Crystal Skull Parallel. All in all, I got my 50 bucks worth no problem.......Have a nice weekend you all.

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My other box came in today,

No base set
Foil: 6,7,8,9
Parallel #3 298/350
David Koepp Autograph

This might be it for me with Topps boxes Shake Head

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, box 2 of 3...

Parallels: 0
Base set: complete
Foils: 1,1,2,2,9,9,10,10 (yep, 8 in one box!)
Sketch: Woodside Frown Crappy native, I think...
Auto: John Hurt Smile

A hot-box! Nice! Already got a Hurt off the bay, but can't complain!

Waiting for my third and final box...

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Kris - That's what Topps call a hot box!

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
Finished opening my case tonight.... Not sure what to make of it all, but I'm happy with it. Smile

36 Foil cards (only 2 complete sets)
9 Parallel card
2 Autos
8 Sketches

I like the TOP LEFT and TOP RIGHT sketch the best. It would be nice to find the other half of the T/R card. Wink

Who's the artist of the T/L card?

I think I'm going to buy a nice clean white eraser and use it on the BOTTOM LEFT card. Then mail it back to the artist and tell him to draw me something decent!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ajdedo,

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
steve j - Kris - That's what Topps call a hot box!

Smile Yeah, hot for Topps. Only 23 packs in the box, too, though one oack had 8 cards in. That's what I like, consistency!

TBH I was just glad to get the Hurt auto after the Woodside Ugly popped out. Final pack, convinced I'd had my lot, then Mr. Hurt smiled (frowned...) up at me. Phew! Not a total waste...

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
nonsportscardforum was nice enough to let me help with a box break - and I did my first ever YOUTUBE video break. Fun ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhNgm81t7tM

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ajdedo:
Who's the artist of the T/L card?

Jeff Chandler, I believe

nice break! great autos

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the video, Make Mine Marvel, almost as much fun as cracking open a box myself. Nice sketch you got, too.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
Oh - thanks.
Now that someone watched it - I'll show a scan -

SKETCH! (1:35 packs)
And what a sketch it was.
Jason Potratz is listed on Topps website as a 1:5,515 pull.
But further inquiry discovered this:
"I (Jason) did 27 solo sketch cards because we were tight for time and Jack (his partner) needed more time to make the cards he was painting look good."
So this is 1 of only 27 solo-drawn cards.

Really neat stuff - very pleased to share.

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
nonsportscardforum was nice enough to let me help with a box break - and I did my first ever YOUTUBE video break. Fun ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhNgm81t7tM
Wow, what a great pull on the sketch Thumb Up

I would love to see more non sport box breaks on You Tube.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
no video there Frown

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Well, I am now up to 24 stickers and have yet to see the 9th trap/treasure. For those keeping track, there are 2 border variations of each sticker...one solid brown and one brown and green. Furthermore, each sticker tells you what the card below it is.

So far I have:

6 Snake (Brown/Green Indy in the doorway)
5 Sankara Stones (Brown/Green Indy w/machette)
2 Crystal Skull (Brown/Green montage)
3 Rats (Brown Indy portrait)
3 Poison (Brown Indy w/machette)
5 Giant Fire Ants (Brown montage)
1 Holy Grail (Brown/Green Indy portrait)
1 The Idol (Brown Indy in the doorway)

If anyone comes up with the 9th card...please post it.

Either they forgot to make it or it's ultra rare. I have over 50 stickers (I opened sealed retail boxes) and only have 8 different stickers. There were only 4 images used for the stickers, with 2 different colored borders for each. My way of thinking is that leads to an even numbered of cards, not 9.
Laura

According to Topps their IS a 9th card and it is Ultra Rare. The 9th card is the Ark. Not sure what image is on the front or whst the border is like but Topps claims it does exist.
Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bOX 3 OUT OF 3. worst box yet...

No auto's, couple of parallels, uncomplete base set, 3 foils and a Shum sketch of the Ray Winstone character... I think.

Oh well, my first ever boxes so very fun all the same.

Really wanted that triple auto... Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris Gibson:
bOX 3 OUT OF 3. worst box yet...

No auto's, couple of parallels, uncomplete base set, 3 foils and a Shum sketch of the Ray Winstone character... I think.

Oh well, my first ever boxes so very fun all the same.

Really wanted that triple auto... Smile

Join the crowd!

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post