Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silverback:
2 boxes

2 base sets
Foil cards- 1, 5, 6,7, 8x2, 9x2, 10
Parallel cards- 44, 45, 65
2 sketches:

Thanks Ed.

Smokin'

Cool! I haven't done any plain pencil sketches since this set, maybe next time around I'll get back into doing them. Sometimes I think they come out better than color sketches (like this one).

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:
first sketch is Matthew Goodmanson

quote:
Originally posted by NIK:
Second sketch is Leah Mangue.

Thanks guys! Wave It's great to put a name to the sketch! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened one more box of this stuff for $20. Pulled one of those hideous Woodside sketches of a warrior and a Karen Allen auto so it was pretty much a break even affair SmileI have to say that only Shum consistently puts total pieces of **** into products like these to the level of Woodside and Waterhouse- truly piss poor quality. If Topps could somehow get rid of those guys and still meet ratios then it would have made this a worthwhile break even with the big autos all pulled.

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
yeah, but compared to what you get out of 20 dollars worth of sports cards, you still even with the horrible shum sketchs and woodside, get a lot more value.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
Pulled some inserts i need and this.

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got a good deal on a case (my first case ever of anything). I was lucky enough to beat the odds and pull 9 hits - one box had an auto, sketch, and two parallels. No dud boxes.

Extremely happy with the John Hurt & Karen Allen autos, and the Jerry Vanderstelt skull sketch rocks! Smile

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
One $20 box.

Box Breakdown:

Complete Base Sets: 1 (plus extras)
Foil Cards: 4 – 1, 2, 9, 10 (1:6 packs)
Parallels: 1 – 77 (115/300) (1:24 packs)
Sketch Cards: 1 – Indiana Jones by James “Bukshot” Bukauskas (1:35 packs)

http://www.whodidthewhatnow.com

Posts: 66 | Location: Lodi, NY | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I know it's not the right topic but I need to share that I have completed a master set minus the 2 1/1 cards in the set.

I have worked 11 years to finish this set Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
WOW, very impressive accomplishment archifou.

I usually keep 'Crew' autos to the end of my auto runs but I think given the calibre of names, and rarity of the cards, I those were my cards I would bump Spielberg to the #1 spot on the top left (where Harrison Ford is currently sitting), get Lucas in the #2 spot and shuffle them all along one, so Ford is where Allen is.

Which were the last card(s) you needed to finish?

I rarely look in Box Breakdowns, but am glad I did today. I think maybe worth posting this up in General Discussion, even if it is duplicating, so more people can see these great cards.

Thumb Up

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
What X said...very nice accomplishment!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

I just got the Spielberg autograph from Kyle Babbitt. I found out the existence the Dark Horse Comic Foil 5 cards last year and need one of the peel and reveal card (Idol unpeeled).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archifou,

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Congrats on completing your quest. Thumb Up

I'm 3 autos shy of the 15 run myself. Care to guess which three? Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
very nice, well done, Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Getting the big 3 was not easy and expensive but at least I have one of the 3 set completed.

Best of luck Raven to get them. Lucas and Ford are for sale you know where.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Getting the big 3 was not easy and expensive but at least I have one of the 3 set completed.

Best of luck Raven to get them. Lucas and Ford are for sale you know where.

Just looked. Someone must be short Down Under and it will take more than luck! Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very cool, thanks for sharing!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Where were the Dark Horse foils available ? In certain comic books ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where were the Dark Horse foils available ? In certain comic books ?

The seller never reply to my question but the 5 foil cards were poly-bagged.

The set covers cards 85 trough 89 from the base set.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Here's the ones I have. Never completed the sets.
I also have 10 of the Peel & Reveal cards, but only 4 different cards.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think that Jeff Allender says on his website that the 5 orange/red backed foils were from Target packs, while there were 5 blue backed foils from Wal Mart. And then there are the 5 Dark Horse foils, source unknown.

I looked at ebay, both the active and recently completed auctions, and I see NONE of these foil cards, aside from one auction which has 2 of the red foils, as part of a lot of misc Indiana Jones chase cards

However, you see the 10 other foil cards (the ones that are part of the 10 card set) all over, so they seem to be quite common.

So have these Target / Wal Mart / Dark Horse F foil cards "dried up" ? Why aren't they showing up anymore ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post