Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
 Login/Join

Picture of MadCow
posted
To my suprise I just stepped in my local Target to see what Indy figures came out today and these were sitting in the card aisle fresh off the truck:

It says it's a Target exclusive. Inserts include:
- Autographs (1:200)
- Peel and Reveal (1:6)
- Foil Cards (1:6)
- Exclusive Foil Movie Cards (1:6)

I'm about to bust all 48 packs of this sucker open so breakdown will be updated in a bit... Big Grin

Posts: 134 | Location: Lakewood, NJ | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So... the autos are popping up in the retail side? No sure what to think about that one. . .

Posts: 182 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
Ok done with the cracking and NO AUTOS! Big suprise since it's Topps but with the bonkers odds of 1:200 i'm even more not suprised...

Sets - 2 complete and 3 cards shy of a 3rd...

The Inserts:

-1st up are the regular Foils, I got 1-7 of 10 (no dupes):

-2nd are the Retail Exclusive Foils, I got a full set of 5 and 3 dupes:

-Last up are the really cool Peel & Reveal cards. There are 4 different front stickers from what i've found:

And underneath each sticker is either a Treasure or a Trap:

Now it says there are 9 P&R cards altogether which leads me to believe there are 9 Treaure and Traps as I only got 1 dupe of them but multiple dupes of the stickers...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MadCow,

Posts: 134 | Location: Lakewood, NJ | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do the wrappers state who the autos are, or their odds? I wonder if there are any retail exclusive autos.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
Do the wrappers state who the autos are, or their odds? I wonder if there are any retail exclusive autos.

The ratio for Autos as stated on the wrapper are 1:200 which i'm sure is WAY more than hobby. Not a clue as to if the autos are any different than hobby, I doubt it would be...

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
As I posted in another thread - there are autos in the Target Gravity feed boxes. I pulled Karen Allen from one of my packs.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
As I posted in another thread - there are autos in the Target Gravity feed boxes. I pulled Karen Allen from one of my packs.

Lucky Bum... Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Picked up 10 packs at Target yesterday and scored 1 exclusive foil, 2 regular foils, and 2 Peel & Reveal cards.

Unfortunately, no autographs, but there's always next time Thumb Up

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Well, I am now up to 24 stickers and have yet to see the 9th trap/treasure. For those keeping track, there are 2 border variations of each sticker...one solid brown and one brown and green. Furthermore, each sticker tells you what the card below it is.

So far I have:

6 Snake (Brown/Green Indy in the doorway)
5 Sankara Stones (Brown/Green Indy w/machette)
2 Crystal Skull (Brown/Green montage)
3 Rats (Brown Indy portrait)
3 Poison (Brown Indy w/machette)
5 Giant Fire Ants (Brown montage)
1 Holy Grail (Brown/Green Indy portrait)
1 The Idol (Brown Indy in the doorway)

If anyone comes up with the 9th card...please post it.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Opened up 2 cases of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. I'm not posting the break down because the Sketch Cards were all ****! Waterhouse did even worse than Lord Of The Rings Masterpiece 2, Indiana Jones Heritage and other sets he sketched for. The Piece of **** Screaming Monkey was Great compared to what he drew in this release. All of the Autographs, wow both per case were just ****..Screenwriters? Come on! I know someone will post some wonderful Sketch Cards and Autographs so I'm not even going to check back on this thread. Oh by the way, The so called "Hot Box" didn't exist in either of my cases. 2 Dud Boxes out of each case! I'm done ranting.. Waterhouse had better not show up at any Shows.. Or the other Artist I pull Lame **** Sketch Cards but can't even make out the names. Both cases were just loaded with **** Waterhouses..I'm done collecting or buying anything that has sketch cards! Shake Head Frown Mad Twak

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Results from our 8 box case break:

4 autos
Shia LaBeouf
Karen Allen
Igor Jijikine
Jim Broadbent

7 Sketches

A damaged RW, 2 Woodsides and these 4 beauties:

Dean Charles Stanforth by Christain Dalla Vecchia

Indy by Edward Pun

Dean Charles Stanforth by Rich Molinelli

Dr Irina Spalko by Jerry Vanderstelt (with thanks to ztaylor)

Actually beat the odds if you really want to count the 3 "W" twins sketches.

1 box had 2 sketches and 1 auto
2 boxes had 1 sketch and 1 auto
1 box had neither.

Mike

Check-Out-My-Cards ID: BigI929Deals

Posts: 113 | Location: SW PA | Registered: January 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
So, there ARE dud boxes again. WOW!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
So, there ARE dud boxes again. WOW!

I don't think the product guarantees an auto/sketch in every box. Theres no costumes in this product.

Posts: 21 | Location: california | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWS:
Opened up 2 cases of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. I'm not posting the break down because the Sketch Cards were all ****! Waterhouse did even worse than Lord Of The Rings Masterpiece 2, Indiana Jones Heritage and other sets he sketched for. The Piece of **** Screaming Monkey was Great compared to what he drew in this release. All of the Autographs, wow both per case were just ****..Screenwriters? Come on! I know someone will post some wonderful Sketch Cards and Autographs so I'm not even going to check back on this thread. Oh by the way, The so called "Hot Box" didn't exist in either of my cases. 2 Dud Boxes out of each case! I'm done ranting.. Waterhouse had better not show up at any Shows.. Or the other Artist I pull Lame **** Sketch Cards but can't even make out the names. Both cases were just loaded with **** Waterhouses..I'm done collecting or buying anything that has sketch cards! Shake Head Frown Mad Twak

That is so **** Frown but it does confirm, to me, that this set is another load of bollocks.
Hopefully other collectors who contemplated buying this set will think twice before doing so.
I'm not saying all cases/boxes will be like this because Mdelbene did good, but i think the majority will be.
Just my views.

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mdelbene:
Shia LaBeouf
Karen Allen
Jim Broadbent

Congrats on pulling these from the same case Clap

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
From Haljordanfan:

"I expressed my concerns to the Topps reps at the Philly show today over the lack luster Heritage set. And asked away about the Crystal Skull set and I was reassured that they've cleaned up the insert ratio and poor sketches. Now Waterhouse will still be doing sketches, but from what I've heard it won't be like the last set. Also this time around there will be 1 hit in every box."

But wait! There are multiple dud boxes per case AGAIN! How can that be???

Answer: Topps does not care.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've opened 2 boxes of retail so far.

Per box
1 base set
4 peel and reveal cards
4 foil cards

Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I've just finished busting a case and here are my pulls:

BOX 1
Igor Jijkine Autograph
Parallels 5 and 83
Foils 1 3 4 5 8 9 10
That's 10 inserts in one box.

BOX 2
Color Sketch of Mac by A.P.
Parallel 28
Foils 7 8 9 10

BOX 3
Awesome Joe Corroney of Indy's Son
Karen Allen Autograph
Parallel 49
Foils 1 2 3 4

BOX 4
David Koepp Autograph
Parallel 53
Foils 1 2 9 10

BOX 5
Igor Jijikine Autograph
Parallel 43
Foils 3 4 5 6

BOX 6
The dreaded Woodside sketch
Parallel 86
Foils 4 5 6 7

BOX 7
The stunning Waterhouse sketch
Parallel 39
Foils 1 2 3 9 10

BOX 8
John Hurt Autograph Clap
Parallel 35
Foils 5 6 7 8

The base sets look decent, although I didn't spend much time looking at them as I didn't want to know anything about the movie prior to it's release.

The parallels are ok, with markings on both the front and back.

The foils are attractive and appear to be free of any defects.

The sketch cards are what I expected. They range from bad to awesome, but as I've said before that is to be expected.

The autographs are solid and the William Hurt was a very nice pull.

Overall I can't complain about a product, which cost me just over $30 a box.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
As the topps website is on the ball Roll Eyes

Are there posted odds on the hobby wrappers??

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
As the topps website is on the ball Roll Eyes

Are there posted odds on the hobby wrappers??

Yes they are.
Autograph cards 1:78
Double Autograph 1:551,554
Triple Autograph 1:551,554
Sketch Cards 1:35
Foil Cards 1:6
Parallels 1:24