Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's a circle. My information came mostly from this thread; Larry C. summarized the NSU article in 2008 (page 8). NSU was the only hint I saw that there was a Dark Horse set. A few (but not many) retail foils showed up in auctions when the set was new.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Back in the good old days when I used to collect like Koo-Koo-Karazy, I always kept a sealed box and four or more unopened packs from each set. This is just ONE of those boxes. There are only four Indiana Jones packs in one of them, but I have no idea where they came from: show, Target or Wal-Mart. Who knows what hidden treasures are to be found here!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
OMG, are you ever going to open them? I could never leave anything sealed for very long. Smile

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Maybe after I open all of these.
Just SOME of my sealed boxes, these are stacked two deep:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have handy the 2008 NSU article that Jeff referenced above ? Maybe it says where the Dark Horse set was available.

I wonder if Larry C. recalls. However, it looks like he hasn't posted on Card Talk since 2012

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I sent all the 2008 issues to catskilleagle. Maybe he can look up the article.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
It was only mention from Dark Horse without saying in which publication. This is the reason why I called Dark Horse and they have said at the time it was not produced Twak

Here is an image of my master set

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I can see some of the stickers I'm missing and never saw before. I'm also missing those easy to get Ford, Spielberg and Lucas autographs.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just wondering one thing about this set.

If the Wal Mart and Target packs had the exclusive foil cards (5 for each store), what foils (if any) came in the non Target and non Wal Mart retail packs, or were there none ?

I am not talking about the 10 foil cards 1 of 10 to 10 of 10, which seem to be ALL over the place.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post