Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/1071005282

May 18, 2008, 05:54 AM
hammer
Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
quote:
As my wife said "I don't know why you continue to buy this stuff from Topps - it's a bit of a con - so many people don't get close to value for money".

She may have a point.

She may well have a point - but don't let her know or you'll never hear the last of it Big Grin
May 18, 2008, 07:32 AM
justm
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
As my wife said "I don't know why you continue to buy this stuff from Topps - it's a bit of a con - so many people don't get close to value for money".

She may have a point.

She may well have a point - but don't let her know or you'll never hear the last of it Big Grin

Another good point!

Big Grin

May 19, 2008, 09:21 AM
AJJ
My box arrived this morning. But I'm baby-sitting my nephew so I won't be able to open it today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJJ,

May 19, 2008, 12:16 PM
Ted Dastick Jr.
From my one box:

Also completed a base set.
May 20, 2008, 08:53 AM
Nat
Got two boxes.

8 foils: 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 9, 10, 10

2 parallels: 72, 39

2 base sets (missing several for a third)

2 sketches: Woodside (*groan*) and a nice Rabbitte.

Oh, and the back of my Woodside was all scratched... the cards were probably falling from the pile onto the floor as he sketched them Confused
May 20, 2008, 09:43 AM
AJJ
First the good news I didn't pull a Waterhouse or Woodside. Big Grin
Here's what I did pull

Foils: 2,3,4,5
Parallel: Card 43 numbered 112/350
Auto: None
Sketch: Howard Shum

May 20, 2008, 02:29 PM
gopher_narly
Opened 4 boxes so far. No waterhouse or woodside sketches and no dud boxes so i'm pleased so far. 2 boxes came from one case and 2 from a different case.

Box 1- Chris Henderson Sketch
Box 2- Andrew Divoff Auto
Box 3- Rich Molinelli Sketch
Box 4- Amy Pronovost Sketch, David Koepp Auto

May 20, 2008, 04:38 PM
FRANK AMICO
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
My arrived this morning. But I'm baby-sitting my nephew so I won't be able to open it today.

Got a damaged low level autograph card in my box which was returned to TOPPS AND REPLACED QUICKLY my problem is the note that came with it said this replacement was a one time courtsey. They mentioned you much send proff of purchase for future returns. How did they think I got this card? When I buy boxes from dealers at shows I DO NOT ASK THEM FOR RECIEPTS AND I DOUBT MANY DEALERS WOULD EVEN BRING RECIEPT BOOKS WITH THEM. Hope people don't have problems in the future.
May 20, 2008, 04:45 PM
FRANK AMICO
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
My arrived this morning. But I'm baby-sitting my nephew so I won't be able to open it today.

Got a damaged low level autograph card in my box which was returned to TOPPS AND REPLACED QUICKLY my problem is the note that came with it said this replacement was a one time courtsey. They mentioned you must send proff of purchase for future returns. How did they think I got this card? When I buy boxes from dealers at shows I DO NOT ASK THEM FOR RECIEPTS AND I DOUBT MANY DEALERS WOULD EVEN BRING RECIEPT BOOKS WITH THEM. Hope people don't have problems in the future.

May 20, 2008, 06:36 PM
slackjawedyokel
Frank - What Topps means by "proof of purchase" is you need to include the bar code from the bottom of the box. What I have done in the past is tape the bar code to the letter I am sending into Topps for either a card replacement or a dud box issue. I have done this on a few occasions and I have not had any problems with Topps customer service. They have always been diligent and courteous with issues I have had with their product.

Cheers - Peter
May 20, 2008, 06:42 PM
Darth Vader Fan
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Frank - What Topps means by "proof of purchase" is you need to include the bar code from the bottom of the box. What I have done in the past is tape the bar code to the letter I am sending into Topps for either a card replacement or a dud box issue. I have done this on a few occasions and I have not had any problems with Topps customer service. They have always been diligent and courteous with issues I have had with their product.

Cheers - Peter
That's what i do as well. So far they've came through everytime for me when I have a dud box or damaged card.
May 20, 2008, 06:49 PM
dis68
Well I finally got 1 box from e$ay and was not impressed

First of all why on earth use a slab of polystyrene to bulk out the box...better to make the box the right size or put more packs in

Next 1 card short of a base set

Next no foils

Next no parallels

Next no autographs

Next no sketch

In fact a truly dud box Shake Head
May 21, 2008, 10:39 AM
Haljordanfan
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:

First of all why on earth use a slab of polystyrene to bulk out the box...better to make the box the right size or put more packs in

Next no foils

Next no parallels

Next no autographs

Next no sketch

Wow! That's reall bad. Every box that I opened had at least one hit.
May 21, 2008, 11:31 AM
Obi Wan Chrisobi
Got my two boxes last week....

Box one had four foils, one parallel and a Jim Broadbent autograph.

Box two was one of those "hot boxes" and had eight foils, two parallels, a Jim Kyle sketch and a Karen Allen autograph.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with it.

May 21, 2008, 11:43 AM
Haljordanfan
quote:
Originally posted by Haljordanfan:
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:

Next no foils

Next no parallels

Next no autographs

Next no sketch

Wow! That's really bad. Every box that I opened had at least one hit.

May 21, 2008, 07:45 PM
Hyperion
I received my 4 boxes today, and teared them open at work Smile (Graveshift, looking at a computer all night, so yes: I can open cards and get paid Big Grin )

Well, I dont have a scanner here so scans will come later, but I just had to brag about my findings!
Box 1: A nice sketch
Box 2: 2 nice sketches and 1 Koepp-auto Smile
Box 3: A nice sketch
Box 4: 2 sketches, one ok and the other a RW-skull!

So with two hot boxes these four boxes yielded 7 hits. 5 paralells and a lot of foils, but no number 8 or 9!
I was hoping for autos of Shia or Karen (and of course one of the biggies, but... U know), but with luck like this I am very happy with my boxes!

May 21, 2008, 11:38 PM
LUZNDAVE
Here's my case break. I originally wasn't going to buy any after very disappointing LOTRM2 & Indy Heritage cases. I had a change of heart when my rebate check came in. As you can see from my break it was a mistake.

May 22, 2008, 04:16 AM
Kris Gibson
My first eveer box! 1 Indy skull - very meh, all in all...

Foils: 1,2,3,4
Parallels: None
Sketches: None
Auto: Alan Dale Smile

Didn't even score a full base set. And I'd already jumped the gun and bought an Alan Dale auto off 'that site'. Smile Still, pretty damn fun opening them!
May 22, 2008, 09:09 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
quote:
Originally posted by Hyperion:
I received my 4 boxes today, and teared them open at work Smile (Graveshift, looking at a computer all night, so yes: I can open cards and get paid Big Grin )

Well, I dont have a scanner here so scans will come later, but I just had to brag about my findings!
Box 1: A nice sketch
Box 2: 2 nice sketches and 1 Koepp-auto Smile
Box 3: A nice sketch
Box 4: 2 sketches, one ok and the other a RW-skull!

So with two hot boxes these four boxes yielded 7 hits. 5 paralells and a lot of foils, but no number 8 or 9!
I was hoping for autos of Shia or Karen (and of course one of the biggies, but... U know), but with luck like this I am very happy with my boxes!

What/who were the sketches?
May 22, 2008, 12:11 PM
Hyperion
Hi Ted Smile

Here they are: