Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)
 Login/Join
 
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
As my wife said "I don't know why you continue to buy this stuff from Topps - it's a bit of a con - so many people don't get close to value for money".

She may have a point.


She may well have a point - but don't let her know or you'll never hear the last of it Big Grin
 
Posts: 11866 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
As my wife said "I don't know why you continue to buy this stuff from Topps - it's a bit of a con - so many people don't get close to value for money".

She may have a point.


She may well have a point - but don't let her know or you'll never hear the last of it Big Grin


Another good point!

Big Grin

____________________
Any airsofters out there ?
 
Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
My box arrived this morning. But I'm baby-sitting my nephew so I won't be able to open it today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJJ,

____________________
"No time like the present to change the future"
 
Posts: 4593 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From my one box:



Also completed a base set.
 
Posts: 1337 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Nat
posted Hide Post
Got two boxes.

8 foils: 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 9, 10, 10

2 parallels: 72, 39

2 base sets (missing several for a third)

2 sketches: Woodside (*groan*) and a nice Rabbitte.



Oh, and the back of my Woodside was all scratched... the cards were probably falling from the pile onto the floor as he sketched them Confused
 
Posts: 169 | Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
First the good news I didn't pull a Waterhouse or Woodside. Big Grin
Here's what I did pull

Foils: 2,3,4,5
Parallel: Card 43 numbered 112/350
Auto: None
Sketch: Howard Shum


____________________
"No time like the present to change the future"
 
Posts: 4593 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of gopher_narly
posted Hide Post
Opened 4 boxes so far. No waterhouse or woodside sketches and no dud boxes so i'm pleased so far. 2 boxes came from one case and 2 from a different case.

Box 1- Chris Henderson Sketch
Box 2- Andrew Divoff Auto
Box 3- Rich Molinelli Sketch
Box 4- Amy Pronovost Sketch, David Koepp Auto

 
Posts: 69 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
My arrived this morning. But I'm baby-sitting my nephew so I won't be able to open it today.


Got a damaged low level autograph card in my box which was returned to TOPPS AND REPLACED QUICKLY my problem is the note that came with it said this replacement was a one time courtsey. They mentioned you much send proff of purchase for future returns. How did they think I got this card? When I buy boxes from dealers at shows I DO NOT ASK THEM FOR RECIEPTS AND I DOUBT MANY DEALERS WOULD EVEN BRING RECIEPT BOOKS WITH THEM. Hope people don't have problems in the future.
 
Posts: 924 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
My arrived this morning. But I'm baby-sitting my nephew so I won't be able to open it today.


Got a damaged low level autograph card in my box which was returned to TOPPS AND REPLACED QUICKLY my problem is the note that came with it said this replacement was a one time courtsey. They mentioned you must send proff of purchase for future returns. How did they think I got this card? When I buy boxes from dealers at shows I DO NOT ASK THEM FOR RECIEPTS AND I DOUBT MANY DEALERS WOULD EVEN BRING RECIEPT BOOKS WITH THEM. Hope people don't have problems in the future.
 
Posts: 924 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Frank - What Topps means by "proof of purchase" is you need to include the bar code from the bottom of the box. What I have done in the past is tape the bar code to the letter I am sending into Topps for either a card replacement or a dud box issue. I have done this on a few occasions and I have not had any problems with Topps customer service. They have always been diligent and courteous with issues I have had with their product.

Cheers - Peter
 
Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Frank - What Topps means by "proof of purchase" is you need to include the bar code from the bottom of the box. What I have done in the past is tape the bar code to the letter I am sending into Topps for either a card replacement or a dud box issue. I have done this on a few occasions and I have not had any problems with Topps customer service. They have always been diligent and courteous with issues I have had with their product.

Cheers - Peter
That's what i do as well. So far they've came through everytime for me when I have a dud box or damaged card.
 
Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well I finally got 1 box from e$ay and was not impressed

First of all why on earth use a slab of polystyrene to bulk out the box...better to make the box the right size or put more packs in

Next 1 card short of a base set

Next no foils

Next no parallels

Next no autographs

Next no sketch

In fact a truly dud box Shake Head
 
Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:
Well I finally got 1 box from e$ay and was not impressed

First of all why on earth use a slab of polystyrene to bulk out the box...better to make the box the right size or put more packs in

Next 1 card short of a base set

Next no foils

Next no parallels

Next no autographs

Next no sketch

In fact a truly dud box Shake Head




Wow! That's reall bad. Every box that I opened had at least one hit.
 
Posts: 570 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Got my two boxes last week....

Box one had four foils, one parallel and a Jim Broadbent autograph.

Box two was one of those "hot boxes" and had eight foils, two parallels, a Jim Kyle sketch and a Karen Allen autograph.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with it.

____________________
"These aren't the cards you're looking for...."
 
Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haljordanfan:
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:
Well I finally got 1 box from e$ay and was not impressed

First of all why on earth use a slab of polystyrene to bulk out the box...better to make the box the right size or put more packs in

Next 1 card short of a base set

Next no foils

Next no parallels

Next no autographs

Next no sketch

In fact a truly dud box Shake Head




Wow! That's really bad. Every box that I opened had at least one hit.
 
Posts: 570 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
I received my 4 boxes today, and teared them open at work Smile (Graveshift, looking at a computer all night, so yes: I can open cards and get paid Big Grin )

Well, I dont have a scanner here so scans will come later, but I just had to brag about my findings!
Box 1: A nice sketch
Box 2: 2 nice sketches and 1 Koepp-auto Smile
Box 3: A nice sketch
Box 4: 2 sketches, one ok and the other a RW-skull!

So with two hot boxes these four boxes yielded 7 hits. 5 paralells and a lot of foils, but no number 8 or 9!
I was hoping for autos of Shia or Karen (and of course one of the biggies, but... U know), but with luck like this I am very happy with my boxes!

____________________
- "...fire, walk with me..."
 
Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
Here's my case break. I originally wasn't going to buy any after very disappointing LOTRM2 & Indy Heritage cases. I had a change of heart when my rebate check came in. As you can see from my break it was a mistake.





 
Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
My first eveer box! 1 Indy skull - very meh, all in all...

Foils: 1,2,3,4
Parallels: None
Sketches: None
Auto: Alan Dale Smile

Didn't even score a full base set. And I'd already jumped the gun and bought an Alan Dale auto off 'that site'. Smile Still, pretty damn fun opening them!
 
Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hyperion:
I received my 4 boxes today, and teared them open at work Smile (Graveshift, looking at a computer all night, so yes: I can open cards and get paid Big Grin )

Well, I dont have a scanner here so scans will come later, but I just had to brag about my findings!
Box 1: A nice sketch
Box 2: 2 nice sketches and 1 Koepp-auto Smile
Box 3: A nice sketch
Box 4: 2 sketches, one ok and the other a RW-skull!

So with two hot boxes these four boxes yielded 7 hits. 5 paralells and a lot of foils, but no number 8 or 9!
I was hoping for autos of Shia or Karen (and of course one of the biggies, but... U know), but with luck like this I am very happy with my boxes!

What/who were the sketches?
 
Posts: 1337 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
Hi Ted Smile

Here they are:


____________________
- "...fire, walk with me..."
 
Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 Topps)

© Non-Sport Update 2013