Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    The Women of Avengers (Unstoppable, 2014)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Women of Avengers (Unstoppable, 2014)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Opened one box.

Base set
5 x foils (all in the same pack)
Fenella Fielding auto
Valerie Leon auto
Sketch

So, after all the talk about lots of hits and all sketches being high quality etc., got two ordinary autos (from common signers) and a pretty poor sketch which so far not actually able to work out who it's supposed to be.

Disappointing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with you about being disappointing. My box had a B&W sketch and autographs of Isla Blair and A. Wills. I bought those 2 autos for $15 combined so I basically paid over $100 for a sketch that I wouldn't have bought for $10. I am disgusted that I basically threw my money out the window. For a box that is so expensive, not to mention overseas shipping, I feel like I should have gotten more. I want to go for a master set of autographs and I would have been much better just picking up singles. Easily the worst return I have ever gotten on a newly released box of cards. Will definitely not buy another box no matter how much I like the Avengers trading cards.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I went for the three box deal from the Unstoppable site.

I paid full price on the site, when I could of got them for 33% cheaper - yes you got that right.

Advantages - a sketch, 3 autos, a plate and lots of promos was added to the package. I received a premier auto in one of the boxes. I received all the minor autos also.

Disadvantages - I was shorted by one sketch in box no6. Never got the binder I was promised. The quality of card stock - well there's no quality

Conclusion - The dealers are king! The punters are very much secondary. I love Avengers very much, If you love the products Unstoppable cards sell - never, never buy from the web site, contact your dealer. We are not talking small cash here, we are talking big. I bought three boxes for 249UKP thats 83UKP each,($132.80), when I could have paid 50UKP ($80). The maths doesn't work out.

Unstoppable need to look after the punters as well as the dealers who buy direct. Did I get value for money? Sadly no.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You're right about the card stock. Not sure I've seen another set as thin!

And yes, they've always massively ramped up their prices on their website. I never buy direct from them.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I've opened 4 boxes of my case.

3 sketches - all okay, all of Mrs. Peel. One has some water based finishing since it's curled up.

The box without a sketch had 3 autos instead of 2.
The 5 foil cards in a box were all in one pack.

Autos
Isla Blair x3
Anneke Wills x3
Julie Stevens
Fenella Fielding
Jennie Linden

I'll post the rest when I get round to opening them.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened one more box

Another Mrs. Peel sketch.

Fenella Fielding & Jennie Linden autos.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a scan of the promo you were supposed to get if you were 1 of the first 200 people to order boxes ? If so can you post

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened the rest of my case.

5 sketches - 3 of Mrs Peel, 1 of Purdey and 1 I'm not sure of.

Autos
Anneke Wills x2
Barbara Shelley x3
Isla Blair x3
Linda Thorson x1
Honor Blackman x1
Valerie Leon x4
Jennie Linden x3
Fenella Fielding x3

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
3 of the Valerie Leon autos had 'Best Wishes' on them and 1 have 'Love' on it.

3 boxes without sketches but those had more than 2 autos.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
My sketches

Jay Pangan III, Dan Day, Paul Cowan
Westley Smith, Chuck "The hun" Solnai, K L Dye,
Jerry Fleming, Rich Molinelli x2

Mrs Peel except for the Dan Day which is Purdey. I think the first Molinelli might be Tara King and the second one Eunice Grayson as Lucille Banks.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
These may be better.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No one seems to have pulled an Angela Douglas auto yet... did it not make the set?

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
No one seems to have pulled an Angela Douglas auto yet... did it not make the set?

The Angela Douglas autograph was withdrawn before the release, don't know why.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:

I asked Barrie the same question last week and this was his response, hopefully it's of some use
"Angela has been busy and away so we hope to get her card for
the winter bonus pack in December so yes, this was not in the set."

Posts: 11 | Location: England | Registered: July 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ian. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I opened my box # 150

5 foil cards, all in the same pack

3 autos
Linda Thorson
Fenella Fielding
Barbara Shelley

No sketch--was there supposed to be 1 in every box ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, there should have been at least one sketch in every box. On the Unstoppable site, it states:

3 to 4 Major Hits Per Box
2 to 3 Autograph Cards Per Box
At Least 1 Sketch Card Per Box.

http://unstoppablecards.com/20...d-edition-boxes.html

I suggest you contact them through their site. Also, make sure you keep the box as you may need to provide information off it.

P.S. Nice hit on the Linda Thorson auto.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boxes containing a Thorson, Blackman or Rigg autograph do not contain a sketch card.

Someting to do with the way they were packed..This information was on Unstoppable Cards Facebook page prior to release.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How hard are the Thorson and Blackman autos to find, compared to others ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
How hard are the Thorson and Blackman autos to find, compared to others ?

I think they were both about one in three cases(36 boxes) although there are extra Blackman autos in some case topper packs.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post