Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    The Women of Avengers (Unstoppable, 2014)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Women of Avengers (Unstoppable, 2014)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUST:
Boxes containing a Thorson, Blackman or Rigg autograph do not contain a sketch card.

Someting to do with the way they were packed..This information was on Unstoppable Cards Facebook page prior to release.

Also you may be interested to know that contrary to the info on the FB page stating that only the main cast autos replaced the promised sketch I pulled 3 autos including a Julie Stevens auto in one of my boxes instead of a sketch card. When I contacted Barrie and asked him about it his reply was "The Julie Stevens card is a Rare case topper card so considered main cast in that non sketch box,it’s a superb pull". Now baring in my mind that you can pick up that "rare case topper card" from Ebay as a BIN for £7.99 + free postage it doesn't sound like that much of a "superb pull". Personally I'd have rather have had another poor sketch to go with the majority of the ones that I did pull from my case as I'm sure it would still have been worth more than £8. Yet another example of promising something in order to get the presales only to turn around and fail to deliver spectacularly. Will I never learn Frown

Posts: 11 | Location: England | Registered: July 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might be wrong but i am sure i pulled a few Julie Stevens autograph cards in the packs..

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUST:
I might be wrong but i am sure i pulled a few Julie Stevens autograph cards in the packs..

Can you remember whether or not the box or boxes that contained your Julie Stevens pulls also contained a sketch card as well? That was the main point of my post as it's one thing to get an Honor Blackman or Linda Thorson auto instead of a guaranteed sketch card as they are each worth at least £30, possibly £50 in the case of Miss Blackman, but to get a Julie Stevens auto that's not even worth £10 instead of a sketch makes a box very poor value for money.

Posts: 11 | Location: England | Registered: July 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So there are Diana Rigg autos inserted in the packs ? Only 20 made ?

Posts: 4720 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
So there are Diana Rigg autos inserted in the packs ? Only 20 made ?

Yes, I pulled one Big Grin . From asking various dealers and Barrie at Unstoppable there are two different variations, a dealer incentive signed in black sharpie and the pack inserted one signed in blue biro. 20 inserted in the packs confirmed by manufacturer.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw one of the Rigg autos on ebay with an asking price of about $500 and it appears to have sold to someone who made a "best offer". Wonder how much it went for ?

Like I said, I pulled a Thorson from my 1 box. So is it really about 1 per 36 boxes ? I wonder how many of the Thorson and Blackman autos were made. Anyone know ?

If a box is about $150, shouldn't an auto that comes 1 per 36 boxes be worth more than $50-75 ?

Posts: 4720 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
....If a box is about $150, shouldn't an auto that comes 1 per 36 boxes be worth more than $50-75 ?

Thorson and Blackman have signed many times before for previous sets, so there is an approximate assumed value even before this set was released.

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by David R:
I saw one of the Rigg autos on ebay with an asking price of about $500 and it appears to have sold to someone who made a "best offer". Wonder how much it went for ?

That was probably mine. I already had one from the 50th set and wanted to recoup some of the outlay from the cases I bought. It sold for £325 which is just over $500 at todays rates.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post