Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Marvel Beginnings (Upper Deck 2011)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Beginnings (Upper Deck 2011)
 Login/Join

posted
No breaks of my own yet, but here are some inserts pulled by dealers:

http://sketchcardsaloon.wordpr...eginnings-has-begun/

Gorgeous stuff.

Posts: 39 | Location: Miami | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Will have my case no later than Friday morning. Smile

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
A dealer friend of mine sent me his two case breakdown to post. So here goes:

9 Holograms
14 Sketch Cards
4 Printing Plates
2 Comic Book Panel Cards
9 Autograph Cards
5 Die Cut chase Sets 1 Set Missing 1 card (plus singles)
2 Prime Chase sets 2 Sets missing 2 Cards (plus set missing 10)
11 Breakthrough sets 1 Set Missing 4 Numbers
7 Cards sets from sorted 1st case (best you can make)

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
As promised here are my major pulls from one case of this product:

Autographs: Len Wein, Mark Bright, Steve McNiven Dual Autograph: Dan Green Tom Orzechowski Comic Art Card is an image taken from a, "The Amazing Spider-Man #9 card is numbered 26/68

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Arvin Sloane,

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I decided to give this product a try and there were good and bad aspects to it. I purchased four boxes and got four sketches, two holograms and two autographs. Made at least two base sets, a full set of the comic cover inserts, and about 3/4 of the X-Men die-cuts, and 2/3 of the foil set. Collation was a bit odd, I got an autograph in my first box, 3 sketch cards (one was a two card puzzle) and a hologram in my second box, a sketch in my third box, and an autograph and hologram in the last box. I agree with comments about having a larger base set being a good concept, and the sketches were well done. Unfortunately, the holograms are not anything special, as so with the other standard inserts, just ok, nothing of great interest. I did not care for the base set overall, I think RA does these sets better. The autographs are ok also, but not overly exciting. I didn't pull a printing plate or cut comic card, they are fine, interesting, but I suspect each is about one per case. I don't think I will but anymore, but I will most likely give future products a shot. (note - the first card pictured is an AP and was not pack-pulled, it was in my sheet that I scanned along with my pack pulled sketches).

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey you pulled my Two Card puzzle of the Champions. Good going.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Batman got lucky on that one! That's a nice puzzle and it's cool that it went to a single collector. I wonder if they stuck together in the sketch chute or if Upper Deck seeded them together on purpose?
Nice work, Justice41, is your name Cover?

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Batman got lucky on that one! That's a nice puzzle and it's cool that it went to a single collector. I wonder if they stuck together in the sketch chute or if Upper Deck seeded them together on purpose?
Nice work, Justice41, is your name Cover?

Thanks and Yes it is.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Im looking for any sketches by James Riot if anyone has some they want to trade

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 5 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: June 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post