Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Test Forum    Beverley Hills 90210 for the completist!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beverley Hills 90210 for the completist!
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted
My name is Sean and I am an obsessive completest. There I feel so much better now that I have "come out" (so to speak).
Anyway, moving on - my current passion is the Topps set Beverley Hills 90210. To date I have 'discovered' four distinct sets of these cards and although some of you will inevitably sniff at this and simply dismiss them as "reprints" I do believe that this term does not apply to at least one of these sets.

Set A

This is, I suspect, the standard set released in the US. Note that the fine print fits only along the bottom line.

Set B
This time the fine print on the back actually extends up the right hand margin.Clearly this is either a reprint or is possibly the Regina set (see below)

Set C

This is the same card as in Set B above but the front shows the character name. Not all cards in this set have names on the front but to date I have found 40 of these named cards and in every case it is only with single character names.

Set D
Finally, I have a few cards of yet another printing which vary in the process & colour. Firstly they seem to be UV coated and more shiny than the other cards, Also they are slightly 'sticky' to the touch. Secondly, the green wave form on the back of the cards is in a deep emerald colour.

At least one of these four sets was released in New Zealand & Australia by Regina but sadly, I cannot tell which. Can any of the Aussies here confirm the Regina cards by description?

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this... Really interesting & I'm not even OCD!!

(I used to wear glasses like Andrea but today they look so goofy...)

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post