Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Sketch Card Gallery Discussion    MAC AND TROUBLE limited edition sets - AWESOME sketch cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MAC AND TROUBLE limited edition sets - AWESOME sketch cards
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
Hello all, I want to introduce to you a new set of cards available soon from Rusty Ink!

"Mac and Trouble 2011"

'Mac and Trouble' are two cats who star in a new sci fi comic book entitled "The Adventures of Mac and Trouble" which debuts early in 2012 from WTF Comics. If you like cats, comedy, or ridiculous adventures, this comic is for you !

Our stars are ordinary house cats that fall through a wormhole in their litterbox and land in the middle of the Nexus of realities. But... was it an accident, or were they meant to be there ? For now, no one knows for sure but their journey takes them through time and space on one adventure after another, meeting all sorts of monsters, heroes, and weird creatures. You'll certainly laugh through all of your 9 lives.

To help promote the new comic book series, we're releasing a special mini-set of cards with some bonuses to please the collector.

This trading card set consists of 3 full-color, limited edition promo cards, that display the cartoon cats. You'll see their first drawn appearance, the raw cover to their #1 comic, and the real-life cats that they're based on. Card backs form a 3-card puzzle showing their misadventures from their first newspaper style comic strip. Also debuting early in 2012 is a comic collecting 'Mac and Trouble's early strips.

Included with every set is a 1-of-a-kind hand drawn sketch card. These 'Scratch Cards' feature comedy artwork by some of the finest artists in the comic book and sketch card industries.

Random inserts include:

* 'Paw-Print' cards from the actual cats
* Signature cards from the artists & writers
* Instant Win cards for commission sketch cards and signed comics
* Special Artist's Proofs direct from the producer - and more !

BUT (and there's a big BUT) there's only ONE way to claim this special set... you must contribute to the 'Mac and Trouble' comic book campaign online at the following website:
http://www.indiegogo.com/The-A...uble?a=163975&i=addr

By going to the comic book campaign site, you're also claiming rewards there for other fabulous prizes including FREE sketch card commissions, signed comics, exclusive art prints, and much more ! One reward to be claimed is to actually appear in the comic book, another if for dealers to have their store inserted directly into the story.

For those just interested in the cards, a special reward category is set up on the campaign, literally called "SKETCH CARD SET".

A portion of the profits will be donated to animal charities. The 2 comic books, the card set, and all 'Mac and Trouble' merchandise will help to raise funds and awareness for animals in need all over the world.

Please note:

* This set is limited to 250 packaged sets
* All cards are numbered 'P1 - P3' for 'promotional' and will never be released again.
* This set is ONLY being offered exclusively in conjunction with the comic book campaign and it's debut releases

Sketch Artist List

Austin Janowsky
Beck Seasholls
Bianca Thompson
Boo
Brian Germain
Charley Martin
Chris Thorne
Daniel Gorman
Elfie Lebouleux
Eric White
Gary Kezele
George Leon
Heather Cromwell
Isaiah McAllister
Jake Mackessy
Jason Adams
Jason Shoemaker
Jay Durden
j(ay)
Jeff Austin
Joe Martino
John Orlando
Johnny Segura
JT James Taylor
Kristen Bellatti
Lak Lim
Larry Jarrell
Laura Inglis
Neil Makohon
Pablo Diaz
Rich Molinelli
Russ Leach
Ray Griffin
Scott Glenn
Stephan Lynch
Thomas Makoto
William J Kunkle
Wu Wei

As well as: Michael Mayne - series artist... and... Rusty Gilligan - series artist/creator

Here is a golden opportunity to obtain a unique sketch card for pennies -AND- help animal charities in their fight to protect animals.

For more info, please go to: http://www.indiegogo.com/The-A...uble?a=163975&i=addr for the full story, art, and special updates.
Thank you and Happy Holidays Thank you and Happy Holidays

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rustygilligan,

Posts: 9 | Location: United States | Registered: May 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A few new sketch cards being offered in this set...

Credits above: (from top left) Daniel Gorman, Brian Germain, Eric White, Rich Molinelli, Elfie Lebouleux, and j(ay)...

Check out the campaign at: http://www.indiegogo.com/The-A...uble?a=163975&i=addr
The ONLY place to get the "Mac and Trouble 2011" sketch card set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rustygilligan,

Posts: 9 | Location: United States | Registered: May 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've updated the post to include a few new artists... Elephant

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
any word on when we will see these ??

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know where I can find the P1-P3 promos ? There is apparently also an unnumbered Allentown Comic Show promo.

I emailed Rusty above, but so far no response

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
You get the promos with each set, I got them when I purchased a set at Pop Art Con. Each set contains the three promos and an original sketch card.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Where can I obtain a set ? I emailed Rusty the other day--no response

As mentioned, I have also seen an unnumbered Allentown Comic Show promo

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah even I am lookign for a set where we can get that?
squirrel removal fairfield county CT

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: February 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the time this was first offered I treated myself to this for Christmas. A year and some months later all I have received is excuses and attitude. Proceed with caution!

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hiya, a friend told me of your posts ...I didn't know that this post continued on, sorry about that.

To answer a few questions from above...

*The set is comprised of a 3-card promo set and an original sketch card.

*There is an un-numbered Allentown Comic Show promo card and a Toys on the Hudson Show promo card.

*If anyone is interested in a set, promos, etc - please email me at rustyweb@aol.com. I can set up an Ebay sale for you to insure that you receive delivery conformation and speedy shipping.

As for "Lag30240" and the comments about "excuses and attitude" and "Proceed with caution!" - I have no idea where this comes from.
Everyone is treated with 100% respect, and there's nothing to make excuses or have an attitude over.
Please contact me and let's figure out just what the problem is, if any.

Thanks much and good luck to everyone...

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I believe David R picked up one of the promo sets I have on ebay - still have one up there

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustygilligan:

*There is an un-numbered Allentown Comic Show promo card and a Toys on the Hudson Show promo card.

*If anyone is interested in a set, promos, etc - please email me at rustyweb@aol.com. I can set up an Ebay sale for you to insure that you receive delivery conformation and speedy shipping.

would be interested in the Hudson Show promo card if you want to post on ebay
- might be a couple of us here willing to bid on it Smile

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These promos were freebies, so let me coordinate with the show promoters and see if they don't mind. I don't want to take advantage of their good graces.

Thanks