Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Sketch Card Gallery Discussion    {ARCHIVED} 2007 Sketch Card Contest Questions and Discussion
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
{ARCHIVED} 2007 Sketch Card Contest Questions and Discussion
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Hey folks - First I want to apologize for not getting those sketches posted. I will do so when I get back from my vacation (Jan28th.) Currently I am in Toronto visiting my family and also need to be here to get my work Visa so I can continue to work in the good Ol US of A. So its very important that I am here in the Great White North. Anyway, continue to submit your sketches and I will keep you posted on my whereabouts.

Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Report This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
A fellow Canadian..! Good stuff!

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
My daughter and I both sent in one sketch card each. But I'm thinking of doing another one.....I'd better hurry if I do.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
Finally got mine out today, despite the dozen things that happened these past two weeks to keep me from it.
MAN - I wish I had some drawing talent!
I'm just happy I did something. To all of you who didn't send in an entry because you think you can't draw well enough... wait til you see mine. You'll wish you had taken a shot.
Anyway... it's cool to see what everyone else is doing. Some pretty cool stuff.
ANd to everyone who made the effort Thumb Up

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFitz:
Finally got mine out today, despite the dozen things that happened these past two weeks to keep me from it.
MAN - I wish I had some drawing talent!
I'm just happy I did something. To all of you who didn't send in an entry because you think you can't draw well enough... wait til you see mine. You'll wish you had taken a shot.
Anyway... it's cool to see what everyone else is doing. Some pretty cool stuff.
ANd to everyone who made the effort Thumb Up

I know what you mean, Mike! I sent in my four entries and wow. You would think after 40+ years on the planet, I could draw at least a little better than I can. The entries I sent in were the best of all my attempts; and that is really sad! Smile As I was drawing, my fingers and hands seemed to have some difficulty in transferring the amazing Rembrandtesque visions in my head onto the paper... Confused

However, it was fun to try it. Really makes me reaffirm my awe and appreciation of those true sketch artists (many of whom are members here!).

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
I also have managed to get my 4 entries in the mail today.
Hopefully they will arrive safely.
This is my first try at something like this and it feels so awkward to show my stuff to someone else...

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:
This is my first try at something like this and it feels so awkward to show my stuff to someone else...
I know what you mean.

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Contestants: Ok I want to first apologize with the delay in getting the sketches posted. My world over the last few weeks has been turned upside down, so much so that I need to leave the US at the end of February and return to Canada.

Anyways, my problems aside I have posted the sketches form the following individuals:

Ryan Hamill, Rita Lanteri, Craig Smith, Erin Bova, Dan Carleton, Chris Mixer, Anthony Chu, Angelina Starks and Andrew Maben. Enjoy!

Respectfully - Peter

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
Really good stuff!
Thanks -

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Peter: a minor adjustment to one of my sketch cards - the acronym is B.P.R.D (the P and R were switched) and it should be vertical (with the triangle on the bottom), not horizontal. Thanx. Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Great additions! Thumb Up

Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post
Peter,

I'm glad to see that our cards arrived ok. Erin said that she sent one more card. Hopefully, it will arrive in time.

Thanks again for the cool contest.

Craig

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Mailed some entries today. You should get them tomorrow.

Jennifer

Posts: 53 | Location: Hacienda Heights, CA | Registered: October 01, 2005Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Did any new cards arrive yet?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey contestants - I want to announce I received mail from the following individuals over the last 2 weeks.

Tim Cole (Golden Avenger), Mike Fitzpatrick, Jennifer Tse, Erin Bova, Andrea Drotleff (Soul-on-Fire), Wes Wong (Rubadub001) and Paul Mitchell.

I am going to post the rest of these today.

I just want to let everyone know that my most recent attempt to renew my work visa here in the US failed and my life has bee turned upside down over the last few weeks and I must leave the US by Feb 26th back to Toronto, Canada. How does this affect the Contest? Good Question and my only response is that the contest will continue but please expect some delays.

Respectfully - Peter

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Sorry to read about you not getting a new visa. I think it's safe to say we can all wait a little longer for the contest.
Good luck with the move.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJJ,

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear about the Visa problem, Peter.

Take care of your important stuff.
I'm sure everyone understands and will be glad to hear from you when things get straightened out.
Good luck!

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ok Folks I have just posted a bunch more sketches beginning with Andrea's (Soul-on-Fire) sketches on Page 3. Have a look as all the sketches I have just posted are fantastic. Well done by all!! Big Grin

Hey Andrea - I am 5 days older then you. please be nice to your sketch card contest organizer and "respect your elders" Hee Hee. Big Grin

Sci-Fi-Mom - I corrected your submission so it is oriented the correct way and it now reads BPRD.

Thanks for your kind words Alan and Mike they are truly appreciated.

Peace Out - Peter

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
That stinks about your Visa problem, I hope it all works out for you in the end.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Peter, I'm sorry about your visa-problem. Hope you'll get everything straightened out.

And be assured Old Man, I always respect my elders! Wavey
Almost anyway... Angel Wink