Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Sketch Card Gallery Discussion    {ARCHIVED} 2007 Sketch Card Contest Questions and Discussion
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
{ARCHIVED} 2007 Sketch Card Contest Questions and Discussion
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted
OK! Well that time has finally arrived to begin this years sketch card contest. I apologize for all the delays with this years contest and hope all you contestants are eager to submit entries for a contest that I truly believe is fun.

I am pleased to introduce 5 new artists for this years competition: Steven Miller, Sean Pence, Jim Kyle, Chris Henderson and Jon Ocampo. Of course the artist that is assigned to judge each age group will remain a secret until the end of the competition.

Thanks and praise should go out to my good friend Harris Toser without whom I would be unable to run this contest. Thanks for your continued support.

The contest has officially begun. I am waiting to find out from my local post office about obtaining a P.O. Box, once I have finalized the details (should be either tomorrow or the next day at the latest) I will inform all on this thread.

As always this thread is to answer your questions and share in some discussions about the contest, other members submissions, the artists, the sponsors and just about anything else you can think of.

I wish you all the best and hope you have tons of fun creating your fantastic sketch cards.

Yours Truly - Peter

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
This is sooo great!!

Thank you so much, Peter and Harris, for continuing to do this.

What an impressive line-up of judges!!

Okay.. I'm new. Are there any specific card rules: size, theme?

Do we also send a note stating our real name and address, etc.?

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hollypop. Thanks for your enthusiams. It is well received by us all.

Just to let you know that I have a seperate thread that lists all the "contest rules and regulations" in another forum.

Please check it out and it should answer all your questions.

Thanks - Peter

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this great contest again, I have to start searching for some nice scenes.

The only question I have is for the hobby box you can win and won't send to anywhere else then the US.
I usually pay 20$-30$ to send a few boxes of my dealer (Scificards) to Belgium. So I was questioning if it was possible that we could pay for all or a part of the postage cost because we already win a sketch card, which is wonderful, but an extra one isn't necessary, for me that is. I would rather pay for the postage cost to receive a hobby box.

Let me know what you think of this?

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Peter - I love the idea, and if any of the winners are willing to pay for the postage I will gladly accept this as an alternate solution.

Do you need help on picking a scene?

If so I can help....or I can at least lead you in a particular direction. Over the last 2 years I have seen only a couple of Star Wars, Star Trek and Lord of the Rings sketches (come to think of it I don't even think I have received any LOTR sketches). I have been surprised that more people are not choosing possibly the 3 biggest franchises out there in the Non Sport world for ideas.

And of course I will throw in Babylon 5 (my personal favourite) as a potential canidate for ideas. How about creating an Alliance cruiser with Shadow technology attacking a fleet of drakh ships. Or, Garibaldi's Starfury chasing Psi Corp's Bester's Omega One starfury in a dog fighting sequence around B5. Or how about......I could go on and on but I appear to be rambling and will now stop.

Cheers - Peter

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
I already choose my scenes and characters and they are completely far far away from the 3 biggest franchises.
I want to draw something I like, and probably haven't seen before on a sketch card (except from 1 or 2 chararacters maybe)

A belgian hiphop group

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Just to let you know that I have a seperate thread that lists all the "contest rules and regulations" in another forum.

Please check it out and it should answer all your questions.

Can you provide a link? I can't seem to find it.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Contest Rules and Regulations

Here's the link to the contest rules and regulations

Cheers - Peter

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:
I already choose my scenes and characters and they are completely far far away from the 3 biggest franchises.
I want to draw something I like, and probably haven't seen before on a sketch card (except from 1 or 2 chararacters maybe)

Peter - You can draw/sketch whatever you wish. I was only offering a suggestion. Have fun!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:

Peter - You can draw/sketch whatever you wish. I was only offering a suggestion. Have fun!

I knew this but I just wanted to stipulate that I stay away from the stars and the rings.

A belgian hiphop group

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Folks - I received the official word last week from my post office. I can officially receive submissions. Check the contest rules and regulations thread to see my address. For last years contestants, please check it out because it is different then last years address.

Cheers - Peter

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Contestants - Hiya all! I hope you are deciding on what to sketch for the contest. Please remember that I am offering incentive prizes for the months of November and December only. Those that submit entries in these months will receive a special prize via a random drawing, so hurry and get sketching and submit your entries. Pleasse check the contest rules for additional info.

Good Luck to all!

Peter

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I'll be mailing my first two tomorrow morning. Clap

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
I'll be mailing my first two tomorrow morning. Clap

Alan - Great news! I look forward to receive your sketches.

Who else will be submitting sketches this month?

Come on everyone, this is just another great way to win something cool from this contest. hurry up and get your submissions in quickly.

Cheers - Peter

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see the entries!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Forgot to take the envelope to the post office this morning Twak,Won't forget tomorrow Big Grin

And I didn't forget they went off first thing this morning. Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJJ,

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Been deciding what to do but I will be sending in submissions soon.

Good luck to everyone!

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
2 cards have been sent you way. Hopefully I can find the time to do 2 more.

A belgian hiphop group

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Peter, Hollypop and AJJ - Thanks for all your enthusiasm with this contest. I look forward to receiving all your submissions.

Cheers - Peter

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
AJJ - Good News! I received your sketches on Friday. I just purchased a new scanner on eBay and need to get the software loaded and ensure it is working propoerly. I will post scans of your sketches as soon as I can.

Cheers - Peter