Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Sketch Card Gallery Discussion    {ARCHIVED} 2007 Sketch Card Contest Questions and Discussion
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
{ARCHIVED} 2007 Sketch Card Contest Questions and Discussion
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Cool- thanks Peter!

BTW- I am unable to access the email address you have for me. If you need to contact me please use the email provided in my NSU forum profile.

And I'll keep an eye on the mailbox too Wink

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Update:

Just want to inform the Group 1 and 4 winners that I mailed you your prizes last week. I will be mailing the Group 3C prizes to the winners in that category in about 2 hours time.

Please be advised that i still need to send the gift certificates to all winners in each of the categories. So to those I have recently sent packages too. If you notice that the GC is missing you now know why. And, like I have done in previous years, you will receive an e-mail notification from Amazon with regards to your GC.

Thanks for your attention - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Report This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well done Peter, thanks for all the work you are doing. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Report This Post
Picture of tiggerhouse
posted Hide Post
Hi Peter,

I received my package today !!! I want to thank you for all of the hard work you put into this. It was an awesome experience and soooo much fun. The Sean Pence color sketch card you sent me is spectacular and I will enjoy the Topps LOTR Masterpieces II box, along with the gift certificate and the Non-Sport Update magazine subscription. Thank you very very much. Dan Carleton

Posts: 226 | Location: Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, USA | Registered: October 04, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Rita
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to publicly express my thanks to everyone involved in this competition, and to everyone that participated.

Thanks Peter for sending me my prize, these great sketches arrived safely and are now living happily in my collection. Smile

Posts: 268 | Location: Valencia, SPAIN | Registered: February 14, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post
Hi Peter,

I just wanted to let you know that I received the box today. When I get a little more time, I'll post the Steven Miller sketch I got plus the sketches from the LOTR box. Again thank you very much for organizing this contest.

Craig

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Hi all!

Just to let y'all know I've received some nice stuff, as honourable mention in Group 4. A box of Lord of the Rings Masterpieces II (very nice set!), and a sketch card of Nicholas Cage done by Sean Pence:

Peter also tells me I have a gift certificate from Amazon on the way, too. Thanks again to Peter and all his hard work for running this contest, to Topps for providing the box of cards, as well as Amazon for the GC. Thanks to Sean for a very nice sketch card I am proud to call my first in my card collection. A salute goes to the the judges who had the difficult task of selecting the winners.

Here's looking forward to this year's contest, should Peter take up the task again Smile

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all your kind words, Rita, Dan Russ and Craig. Russ i just want to point out that the GC is not actually provided by Amazon. I purchase them and its just where I go to get them.

A word to those who are still awaiting their prizes and GC's. I am still awaiting the sketch cards from 2 of the artists and as soon as I have them I'll send those along with the other prizes to the winning contestants. I still have to get the GC's to the winners in the Group 4 and 3B and 3C categories. Don't worry I have not forgotten.

Cheers - Peter

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
No worries - you go above & beyond to be kind & make this a great experience. Thank you. PEACE! - chris mixer

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post
Better late than never...

Here are my sketch pulls from the LOTR M2 prize box, as well as the beautiful Poison Ivy sketch that Steven Miller did for me.

Craig

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
The Poison Ivy sketch is great! Looks a lot like Rose McGowan. Smile

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Report This Post

posted Hide Post

Here's a picture of Samantha's prize. She wanted Garo from Naruto. I'm still trying to get a scan of Vivian's card.

Samantha wanted to say thank you to everyone, especially Jon for drawing the card and Peter for organizing the contest.

Peter- don't worry about her card; she's fine with it

Posts: 53 | Location: Hacienda Heights, CA | Registered: October 01, 2005Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
UPDATE...

Hey folks! Just want to say that I am still waiting for the artist sketch cards for the Group 2 and 3B winners. Once I recieve them I will send all prizes to each winner. Sorry for the delay and I respect everyone's patience.

I sent out the gift certificates to the winners of groups 3C and 4 a few weeks back. You should have all received them by now. I kinda went against sending Amazon GC's to each of you and just figured the Official Checks were a better way of you being able to buy what you want.

Jennifer - Glad she is fine with it.

Cheers - Peter

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
Many thanks Peter for keeping us informed. I will let Ryan know.

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Peter! Smile

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
UPDATE...

Hey All! I am still waiting for the sketch cards from Jim Kyle and Chris Henderson for the Group 2 and 3B winners. I have sent out the rest of the prizes to the winners last week so the Group 2 and 3B winners should expect them soon. Once I receive the sketch cards from the artists I will send those to the winners promptly.

Thanks so much for your patience.

Cheers - Peter

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
Big thank you!

Got my card today ...

very kind ...

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
UPDATE...

Folks. I just want to inform the group 2 and 3B winners that I have given your addresses to the artists and they will be sending you the winning sketches themselves. Not I.

REASON...

I am in the process of relocating back to the US as my new work visa was approved. I will be in and out of addresses for atleast the next few months and it will be difficult for two reasons; A) the artists to get me the sketches, and B) to mail them from one location as I'll be in transition.

ITS OFFICIAL...

I suppose this marks the end of the 2007 sketch card contest. I once again want to thank Harris and the staff at NSU for allowing me to run this contest. I also wish to thank John Williams at Topps and Tom Breyer at Breygent Marketing for their generous donations. Finally a special thanks to Sean Pence, Jon Ocampo, Steven Miller, Jim Kyle and Chris Henderson for wonderful art supplied prizes. I could not have done it without you all. I will obviously check with Chris and Jim from time to time to see how they are progressing with the sketches for the Group 2 and Group 3B winners.

WHAT'S NEXT...

With last years contest coming to a close many of you are probably wondering if there will be a 2008 NSU SCC this year. Right? Heck even I am wondering, LOL!!! Well, all I can say is that I have definitely given it some thought and its a good chance it will happen. I have given careful consideration to completely restructuring the contest by removing all the age groups and leaving the contest completely open and offering prizes by having random drawings month to month. At the contests end I may award a few prizes to some special sketches, but for the most part it will be completely random and free of judging. I hope this will entice more people to enter. Of course, more on this later after I get settled back in the US and have given more time to think about the particulars associated with my "new" contest format. Big Grin

Cheers - Peter

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Peter, congrats on your visa-approval!

Though I received the prize a while ago (minus the AWOL Jim Kyle card), I couldn't post anything because my scanner is broken (still is... just temporarily resurrected).
I received a LOTRM2 box from Topps and these were my pulls:
a beautiful hobbit (Sam?) by Amy Pronovost and an Orc/Troll/whatever by Waterhouse.

Thanks again for everything!!!

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Soul,

What was it that you wanted for your prize?.....I've been really behind on stuff lately.

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Report This Post