spidergoblin
{ARCHIVED} 2007 Sketch Card Contest Questions and Discussion
Great looking sketch Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
January 22, 2010, 04:00 PM
sumozilla
Is the sketch card contest a thing of the past ?
It's been 3 years since any activity .
sumo
March 09, 2010, 03:52 PM
slackjawedyokel
Sorry for not responding sooner Sumo. I read your response back in January and meant to reply but got side-tracked. Life sometimes gets in the way of the fun times we are supposed to be having.

In response to your question, no this contest is not a thing of the past and I will be starting it again as soon as I find the time. I am currently studying for some professional exams and I need to find the right balance between studying, work and my extra curricular activities.

I am targeting to get the 2010 sketch card contest contest kicked off again in the next few months.

Stay tuned!! I thank, not only Sumo, but you all for your patience and understanding. These last few years have been a hurricane of activity for me and I want you all to know that I have not forgotten about this contest or any of you who wish to or have already participated in it.

Cheers - Peter
March 09, 2010, 03:58 PM
H_Toser
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
In response to your question, no this contest is not a thing of the past and I will be starting it again as soon as I find the time.

That's great to hear Peter. Best of luck to you with the exams.
March 09, 2010, 05:01 PM
sumozilla
Thanx for the update
sumo
March 17, 2010, 04:23 PM
slackjawedyokel
So I have to ask. Besides Harris, Sumozilla and myself what other Card Talkers (and their family and friends) are interested in this contest?

Now, before you answer I want to let you know that I will be changing the format of the contest. I am still ironing out the details but the main changes will be the following:

1 - Eliminating the "competiton" aspect by removing the grand prize and honourable mention winners and selecting random winners. FYI - I never had the intention of having this turn into a competition. I always wanted this to be fun, however some of you think that by having the GP and HM categories it turns it into one. And some of you are right. So I have done away with it alltogether. To be as fair as possible. Hopefully it will become "fun" again and more participants can enter. Big Grin

2 - Having only two age groups: 18 and over and 17 and under.

3 - Creating two special judging categories, one for you Card Talkers (I will select who they are. Unofficially called the "Member Award"). And one for NSU (I'll probably get the Toser's to act as my judges. Or maybe just Roxanne and Marlin as I want to see one of Harris' sketches in this contest. Come on Harris I know you have it in ya. Unofficially called the "Creator Award").

These are the big 3 that I have determined so far. I am still mulling over what to do about Colour versus Black and White sketches and I have also been thinking about adding panoramic sized sketches into the mix. Also, I still need to work out what to give to the "Award" and "Random" winners for their prizes.

So now I have to ask. Who's excited about this contest!!!!

Cheers - Peter

PS - And feel free to offer any suggestions. I read the comments posted by you all when I asked what could be changed with this contest back about 2 years ago. And I welcome any additional input you might have. Don't be shy.
March 17, 2010, 05:22 PM
Ted Dastick Jr.
quote:
So I have to ask. Besides Harris, Sumozilla and myself what other Card Talkers (and their family and friends) are interested in this contest?

I'm interested, but I'm ineligible. Razz
March 19, 2010, 09:48 AM
MikeFitz
This is great news!

I hope enough people respond to make it happen.
I'm in.

March 24, 2010, 07:45 PM
Rita
Wavey

Hey Peter...I almost didn't notice!!!!

Fantastic news !!!

Very interested Clap
March 25, 2010, 03:30 AM
Miss Lizzy
Count me in! Metal

March 29, 2010, 05:08 PM
tiggerhouse
I'm interested as well. Count me in.

tiggerhouse AKA Dan Carleton
April 07, 2010, 07:55 PM
aeolus14ummbra
I'm interested and will certainly enter a sketch this time around.
April 08, 2010, 02:31 PM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.

I'm interested, but I'm ineligible. Razz

You can draw mine for me. Big Grin

April 10, 2010, 07:56 AM
comicbookfan
I'm certainly interested and will try to create another masterpiece Big Grin

May 10, 2010, 11:37 PM
Miss Lizzy
So what's going on with this?

May 19, 2010, 03:42 PM
slackjawedyokel
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:

Hi Miss Lizzy - Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. My quick answer......It is still going to happen. Then you are going to ask yourself - When is it going to happen? Most likely late June/early July.

Cheers - Peter
June 30, 2010, 05:18 AM
Miss Lizzy
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:

Hi Miss Lizzy - Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. My quick answer......It is still going to happen. Then you are going to ask yourself - When is it going to happen? Most likely late June/early July.

Cheers - Peter

So...it's late June. Big Grin
My fingers are getting itchy.

July 19, 2010, 03:53 PM
slackjawedyokel
It's going to start August 1st. I promise.

And Ted you can enter also. I am going to open it up to everyone of all ages and abilities.

It's no longer going to be a contest but more of a place to create and display everyone's favourite non-sport themed shows/movies in sketch card format.

Every so often I will throw in a few random prizes to keep it fun.

More on this soon enough.....

Cheers - Peter
August 02, 2010, 11:29 AM
slackjawedyokel
Please do not post here anymore. I have created a new 2010 thread for all questions concerning the Sketch Card Gallery.

Cheers - Peter