Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Open That Box! Day 2010 Discussion    What is "Open That Box" day?
Page 1 2 3 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Find
Notify
Tools
What is "Open That Box" day?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
I picked up another box for OTBD!!!! I got a box of TNA Cross The Line and it will be in tomorrow.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Wax Wombat
posted Hide Post
Few more goodies found their way to me for OTBD! 3 "packs" of 5finity Moonstone Maximum, and a box of 25 Years of Red Sonja. I should have some more by Saturday. :P

Posts: 52 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: June 07, 2009Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I got two boxes of Women of Star Trek. I hope I can hold off opening at least one of them until Saturday !

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Which ones do you have left, Natalie? Smile

I left out one - Shrek 3. So now I have 4 and including Shrek 3, Indy, HP HBP & Scooby Doo.

I'm working nights this week so too tired to be tempted in opening the other boxes. Big Grin

Very jealous of you though. I love Iron Man.....

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Report This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
...well, no comp box yet from Topps so I'm headed to 2 of my local shops here in NY...Who's on First and then out to Izzy to see what I can pick up...

CAN'T MISS OPEN THAT BOX DAY...!!!

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm all set for OTBD on Saturday. My two boxes are in and I'm good to go Thumb Up

I checked Dollar Tree again for some Marvel Masterpiece packs today but had no luck. I also checked my local Wal Mart but they basically had nothing non sport wise other that Pokemon stuff.

I hope everyone has some real nice pulls on Saturday Wave

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Wax Wombat (Andrew) took it upon himself to write a very nice blog post today about Open That Box! day on Wax Wombat, his blog. Check it out if you get a chance.

Wax Wombat OTB blog entry

Oh, and just a day or so to go now.......

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Cool, except I do believe that we have been doing this for a few years now, not just last year.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Wax Wombat
posted Hide Post
Yeah, well, it was the first year I saw it, lol.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Don't forget that tomorrow is Open That Box! day. More details on what Open That Box! day is here. Hope to see lots of submissions. If you are able to, please post pictures too. If you do, please send me the originals and if space permits, we may use some in the magazine. Do keep in mind that for the magazine, we need the original high resolution pictures -- stuff for the web does not work well in print.

And for any of you really ambitious types, feel free to post videos of your breaks on YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box of Indiana Jones Masterpieces yesterday so I'm ready! I may have to open it at midnight tonight because I don't know if I'm going to have any time tomorrow.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Report This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I actually have more than one box to open this year, so it might be a while before I post anything in the forum. I am definitely looking forward to opening all three boxes. (Two Women of Star Trek and a really cheap Wolverine box I got on clearance) Will post my results later!

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ah well I won a box of Hammer Horror from Carolyn Edwards on eBay so that is what I'll be opening

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Open That Box! day 2010 is here...

Here's a photo collage of Open That Box! day participants from previous years. Lots of Indy....and cats! Enjoy.

Don't forget to send me your pictures from this year (originals, please).

Picture of Wax Wombat
posted Hide Post
*throws confetti in the air* Big Grin

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying the submissions so far. Hope others are as well. Keep them coming. Big Grin

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to send me pictures everyone (originals please). I'm mainly interested in people (and pet) shots rather then cards scans/pictures. As I said, if space permits, we'll use them in the magazine. And if nothing else, I'll keep them on file for next year.

Thanks.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Old posts. Confused

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Report This Post