Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Donald Duck Adventures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Duck Adventures
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted
How many of these are there of these inserts from Carl Barks "Donald Duck Adventures" magazine?

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are 25 in the set. Plus there are the other 3 sets: Don Rosa, Uncle Scrooge, and Walt Disney's Comics and Stories.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you do an internet search for Bruce Hamilton, you can see images of all 137 cards.

Bruce was the guy who made the cards and the Disney albums that they were inserted in, back in the 1990s. The website looks like there hasn't been any activity in 15 years, but it is still viewable.

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The cards are found here.

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Bill.

I did not want to send a direct link, as I didn't want to advertise a site where items are for sale.

For some reason on the Uncle Scrooge cards, they show just 54 cards, but the set went to 56.

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actually, if you click on Uncle Scrooge card # 54 and use the arrows, you can move to 55 and 56.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
The cards are found here.

The link does not work for me. It states that I don't have permission to access the site so does it have a geographical restriction applied to it.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
@John -- does the Internet Archive capture of the site work:

Link

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
@John -- does the Internet Archive capture of the site work:

Link

Bill

It sure does, many thanks.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I collected these when they were released by Gladstone between 1992 and 1998. There were 136 albums total that came out with cards (the last Walt Disney's Comics and Stories came with 2 cards) and I think they originally sold for $ 15 each.

They also did a few other series of albums (Gyro Gearloose, Christmas Parade, etc) which did not come with cards.

I remember being frustrated with the first 8 of the Disney Comics and Stories albums in 1992, as the cards were random. In other words, the first 4 albums could contain any of the first 4 cards (you could see them through the plastic wrap) and with albums # 5 to 8, it was the same thing. Cards # 5 to 8 were random in each. Starting with album # 9 onwards, all of the cards matched up, thankfully.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post