Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Small 90s Cache found -- any value?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small 90s Cache found -- any value?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bond:
John,

Thanks for posting images of Continuity Comics cards 12, 13, 23.

It is always good to know what I am looking for.

Bond

Bond

It sure does, especially when the cards are unnumbered. I usually try and find an image I can then print.

regards

John

Posts: 2118 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blackholeman
posted Hide Post
Is there a difference between the promo Dracula cards and the ones found in the regular Topps set? If so, how can you tell them apart?

thanks,
Kev

Posts: 150 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bram Stoker's Comic Book Promo Cards

Here is an 'older' thread that discussed these cards. The promos that came with the comics have a Topps Comics logo above the card number.

Bond

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bond,

Posts: 114 | Location: Kansas | Registered: April 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
John and Bill,

Good luck with those Mr.T cards. It took me years to find them all (if, in fact, I DO have them all; presumably there is no #18)

Like I said, the tough ones seem to be the ones that came in the newsstand version of the comic. Comic stores would not have received those, therefore, they probably don't have them now. Unfortunately, the local candy store or 7-11 probably tossed them out in 1993. Frown

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
John and Bill,

Good luck with those Mr.T cards. It took me years to find them all (if, in fact, I DO have them all; presumably there is no #18)

Like I said, the tough ones seem to be the ones that came in the newsstand version of the comic. Comic stores would not have received those, therefore, they probably don't have them now. Unfortunately, the local candy store or 7-11 probably tossed them out in 1993. Frown

David

Having it easy would spoil the fun of the chase and I'm sure Bill would agree.

And being from overseas makes it just a little bit more trickier for me looking for the Newsstand editions.

regards

John

Posts: 2118 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Well what's a thread for if you can't divert it!! Ahh, you guys have touched upon a secret passion of mine. For all of the squillions of cards I collect I have always had a real soft spot for the comic promo. Curiously, I have never been a comic boy but I do so love the promos. I've just done a card count and found (to my surprise) that I have over 700 different comic promos. There have been some biggish sets as well as some strangely rare cards too. Has anyone ever seen (or got) for instance any of the following??
Cards Illustrated (by Image) #9
Cards Illustrated Extreme #10
Cards Illustrated Wetworks #10
My current rage is to complete the Caliber Comics promos. To date I have identified 42 of them (of which I only have half)
Some other large sets in comic promos are:
Magnus Robot Fighter (I've got 25 of them)
Valient set VP1 to VP 14
Nick Fury S.H.I.E.L.D
1993 Marvel Annuals (want card #17 to complete dammit!)_
Finally, another problematical set for me is Triton Comics I have two cards numbered 5 & 6, one card 2 of 3, and a #5 card that is not part of the first two.
Any ideas??

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi, there

Yes, the 3 Cards Illustrated ones you mention-- Extreme #10, Wetworks #10, and Cyberforce #9-- DO exist. I have them. Those, along with the Bone #6, were supposedly sent to comic stores who ordered a certain number of the mags, but I guess the promotion was a bust, as no stores that I know of received the cards. Perhaps no one ordered enough magazines to qualify ? The Bone #6 is easier to find than the others, as in the past the Bone creator was giving them out. Good luck finding the other three !

Yes, the Caliber Comics cards are pretty neat. I have at least 42, I believe. All of the ones that I am aware of are listed in PCE. Who knows if more exist...

On the Magnus Robot Fighters, are you referring to the 1993-1994 San Diego and Thank You cards ? There are 3 sets. The easiest ones to find are the 1994 Thank You's, as they came in Triton magazine. So you can buy dozens of copies at 50 cents each and complete your 36 card set. In my experience, the 1993 San Diegos are tougher to find, and for reasons unknown, the 1993 Thank You cards are the toughest of the three. Over the years, I found the San Diegos and '94 Thank You's 10x more often than the '93 Thank You's

Since we're talking 1990s comic inserts, has anyone seen Ralph Snart cards #29-36 ? I have only seen scans. #1-28 came in the comics, but legend has it that the comic was cancelled abruptly and the later cards (#29 on) were briefly offered for sale by the company. But I have never seen them anywhere. Wish I could find them for myself !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Hi David
Thanks for the responce and the news that I definitely am looking fior three rare cards to complete. That really cheers me up....NOT!!!
The Magnus Robot Fighter set interests me as nowhere on the 25 card set that I have lists a date nor any reference to them being "Thank you" cards. Just for reference #1 is Magnus, #2 is Battle-Rob #3 is Bunda The Great (and so on).
Also for what it's worth, card #1 is on bright white stock whereas the rest are on decidedly cream paper (thin too). Some of the cards look as though they may be hand cut because there are the odd traces of a black border out on the edge but I cannot be sure. Todd's PCE doesn't list this set and neither does Jeff's HoC's
What do you think? If you need a scan lmk

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MAGNUS ROBOT FIGHTER

Here is an web site with information about these cards. I think they are from the Magnus Robot Fighter comic books (issues 1-8). Each issue came with three cards and a coupon. You had to send in all 8 coupons to receive card #1.

There is also a link at the bottom of the page to an extensive Valiant Comics trading card checklist page!

btlfannz,
Drop me a line, as I would be interested in a list of the Nick Fury S.H.I.E.L.D and Caliber Comics promos.

Bond

Posts: 114 | Location: Kansas | Registered: April 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Having it easy would spoil the fun of the chase and I'm sure Bill would agree.

Yep, I agree with you Thumb Up

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
btlfannz

Just to whet your appetite a little here is a scan of Wetworks No. 10, I believe it was also pictured in the 2005 PCE.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:

btlfannz,
Drop me a line, as I would be interested in a list of the Nick Fury S.H.I.E.L.D and Caliber Comics promos.

Bond

Email sent (very belatedly!!)

Also ("curiouser and curiouser" said Alice) judging by your Magnus scan there are quite clearly two different printings of this set as you have a mix ofwhite and brownish papers.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
btlfannz

Just to whet your appetite a little here is a scan of Wetworks No. 10, I believe it was also pictured in the 2005 PCE.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Hi John (eventually!!) Yeah thanks a heap for your piccy of what I am missing! Hang on while I just roll up my tongue back into my face.
Dammit!! wannit, wannit, wannit, wannnit now!!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btlfannz:
Hi John (eventually!!) Yeah thanks a heap for your piccy of what I am missing! Hang on while I just roll up my tongue back into my face.
Dammit!! wannit, wannit, wannit, wannnit now!!

No worries especially as you guys over there have been preoccupied with far more important things than looking at mere cards.

regards

John

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
John, which of the Mr.T cards are you missing ? I am looking at my album right now, with #1-17 in it. Not that I have extras to spare, but I seem to recall certain numbers being tougher to find-- #1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 14, and possibly some of the numbers afterwards.

Hi David, I was just scanning through some old threads and came across your post about Mr T promos.

Since you posted that back in January 2011 I have developed a passion for them and have been searching the 'bay for them to no effect. Jeff's House of Cards states that #'s 11, 14, 15 & 17 are unknown but you state that you have them all from #1 to #17 can you please reply with information about what these cards are? A scan would be wonderful as it will give me something to drool over.
Cheers

Sean

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sean, I don't know how to post scans here. Can you do it ? If you email me, I can scan all 17 cards and perhaps you can post them here for all to see. I am at

mistermycroft@msn.com