Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    1994 Blue Moon Lion King promo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1994 Blue Moon Lion King promo
 Login/Join

posted
folks
has anybody have or seen one of these?
walt

Posts: 19 | Location: illinois | Registered: January 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I saw one back around 1996. Never seen it again. The photo in my mind is very faded.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can you please explain what this card is ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Hi David and Todd and all you other crazy promo card collectors out there,
Happy Holidays people!

Yes, It's a blank back lenticular card size promo that was issued by some company to try and compete with Skybox who had the LK rights at the time. They didn't get the license, of course. It's not bad looking and if some kind soul would post the picture for me, I will send it on.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

Go ahead and send me the picture and I will post it here.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Hi David and Todd and all you other crazy promo card collectors out there,
Happy Holidays people!

Yes, It's a blank back lenticular card size promo that was issued by some company to try and compete with Skybox who had the LK rights at the time. They didn't get the license, of course. It's not bad looking and if some kind soul would post the picture for me, I will send it on.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are two scans of the card combined into one with images of lenticular printing showing part of the effect of Simba growing from a cub to an adult. If the images appear to be different sizes, it's because I cropped the images a little to get rid of a lighting artifact in the originals received

Thanks to Promoking for the scans.

Jess

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jess for posting this. When I pulled the card out, I realized it is a bit oversize and not standard.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Promoking
would you be interested in parting with your blue moon lion king promo?
walt

Posts: 19 | Location: illinois | Registered: January 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
WALT,
That is my favorite all time Disney movie and It took me so many years to find this card that I couldn't bear parting with it...yet! I promise that when I'm ready, you'll be the first one I contact. Did you find the SB1? That's another toughie.

posted Hide Post
promoking
yes i did...thanks for asking...if you find a 2nd blue moon lmk
walt

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Walt,

Just wondering if you know someone who has a Lion King SB1 card that they would like to sell. I’m seriously interested as that would complete my set that I’m handing down to my grandkids. Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Location: Salinas, CA | Registered: November 09, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post